Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 9:55 PM
I'm getting my torromow, but I was wondering after it rains do you have to clean up the puddles on the ground, or do they go away
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 10:18 PM
Getting it tomorrow as I need to be in town then anyhow, got some Q's if anybody can answer them that'd be great.
Do Sub-Hoods have weather too? or is it just your main neighborhood?
How do Townies cope with the weather? Do they dress accordingly or do we get to see Goopy walking about in his shorts in deep winter?

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 11:56 PM
I just got the game at Best Buy at 2pm. It comes into Target and Wal-mart tomorrow.
I moved my whole Sims2 folder to my desktop and installed the game so it loaded a brand new folder without custom content.

I took some pictures of some of the new furniture loaded in the empty houses in the new neighborhood. Just click on the link to my web in my signature and then click on Riverblossom Hills to see the pictures. I'll add more pictures there after I go into the lots with families.
Alchemist
#29 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 11:57 PM
Yep townies do show up wearing their outerwear during winter. As for the puddles, they go away quickly enough but you can mop them out too. They don't affect the environment score as much as normal puddles, thankfully.

Seasons has been giving me quite a headache at first; just after I installed and ran it, the message that "You have uninstalled Pets; they will be removed from your neighbourhoods etc" popped up even though I hadn't touched Pets. And true enough, it didn't recognize the EP anymore; Pets were as good as gone. I pretty much freaked; then, tried to uninstall Pets from my PC as well, since the game wasn't recognizing it...it worked. I nearly assumed I had to can everything and re-install, which annoyed me to no end, my 'hoods were so developped. Then, I thought I'd try to simpl re-install Pets again, and guess what? it worked, and all problems seemed to be solved. That was a relief!
Then, there was the matter of a conflicting hack which prevented my rounded pool corners to show up properly, as well as made my ground flash blue when it snowed. Again, I played the game of finding the problem...eventually it was done and I truly, truly enjoy it. The seasons progress gradually and smoothly and the new interractions as well as the weather just makes the game more realistic. I'm having great fun with it.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 12:05 AM
I went into a lot, and the first thing that happened was a thunderstorm. Scared the CRAP out of me when I heard the thunder boom.

Both sims (twins, funnily enough) were all WTF at the rain.

Then some townie lady went fishing in the pond, because holding a long metal pole in a thunderstorm is brilliant. She caught a fish.

My sim will NOT stop nailing each other with water balloons! It's funny.

I LOOOOOOOOVE the lighting. Wow. Autumn is especially pretty. I've only played a few days of summer and autumn so far, though. Still waiting on playing the others! I love it so far.
#31 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 12:16 AM
ive played for quite a while in the past 2 days, its pretty cuteee i think but likee yea i kinda expected more, i dnt know wat of .. but i did lol in winter it was quite chilli for the sims but like it only snowed like twice..and lasted for like half a day!!! i was like hmph! But the little girls clothes are soooo cute!!! fishing is mad too! i cooked a meal with fish!

im also trying to get one of my sims to freeze so i could try getting the other sim to save it.. my sim didnt end up freezing! i even made him go swimming!!! oh wellzzz

i think every1 should play it!! soooo kooliez!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 12:25 AM
I just got home and my game is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea, EA!!! :D

Okay... did it take forever for the game to install??? I think it might be stuck...

Anway, could someone tell me how the new neighborhood is named in the neighborhood folder? Is it a N00# or has maxis changed the way the 'hoods are named???

EDIT: okay, not stuck! It's moving again!
Alchemist
#33 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by enchantedw0lf
Anway, could someone tell me how the new neighborhood is named in the neighborhood folder? Is it a N00# or has maxis changed the way the 'hoods are named???

In my game it's called G001 and it shows at the top of the list.

Field Researcher
#34 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 12:38 AM
Hmm... that's interesting!
Test Subject
#35 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 12:57 AM
I just played for a while and went through a little of summer, all of fall and some of winter. I'm impressed! There's a slight lag on my computer when it snows though--and it snowed A LOT. Like, every day! It actually got annoying after a while. Besides the little thing about uninstalling Pets, it seems great so far. I can't wait until spring downpours.
#36 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciane
I just got the game at Best Buy at 2pm. It comes into Target and Wal-mart tomorrow.

I got mine at Target today around 3:00 PM EST (it rang up for 24.98 and not the 29.99 too. $5.00 off and I got the trellis even though I did not pre-order. ).

I have a question. All of my custom content furniture is gone from the in game play. I do use a pay site and had downloaded some beautiful Victorian Style furniture just a few days ago. It is all gone along with my Mono kitchen that I loved using. It is all still in my folder and I do have a back up folder, but do you all think this might be a case where I need to clear out the thumbnail folder and then reload or will I (and everyone) have to wait for compatible stuff to come out? :confused:
Banned
#37 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:05 AM
rbrianbecky: Go to the options and choose 'Enable Custom Content' then exit the game and re-enter. It should show up again.
Alchemist
#38 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:07 AM
after playing it for a good few hours, i have to say i am impressed. it rained once, and it was nice. right now its fall, its cool watching things turn. i like the new floors and walls, too.
#39 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:08 AM
I haven't played it much since I"ve been working with getting everything set up, but DANG. The water in the neighborhood screen is SO WONDERFUL. It's all clear and pretty...
#40 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGameFan
rbrianbecky: Go to the options and choose 'Enable Custom Content' then exit the game and re-enter. It should show up again.

I did check and it was already enabled (first thing I thought of). I also clicked enable at the start. What was so funny was that even the Maxis "freebie" Alienware PC was gone. I did notice though that everything that was a Maxis recolor was there, my custom skin colors, clothing; just not the furniture... it was really weird.

I'll go back in and see if it is there now.

Thanks!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#41 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:12 AM
Installation went super smooth. I played one family for a few hours. I was suprised how easy it was to get a gold fishing badge. It was even easier to get the gold gardening badge! I cooked some of the fish. Be careful not to let your borderline fit Sims eat fish dishes. They are worse than lobster thermador!

Gardening club...first try. Not a problem. Weather changer and wishing well work as promised. I'm really enjoying this pack.

The best thing about it is that now my elders have something to do. I might not even put back my elder sleep hacks. Hell, they're up, they might as well talk to the plants and garden or fish!

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:25 AM
I have one more question about rain,, there was a thing on mts2 you could download to make it rain, but it looked like to rained inside too, does that happen in seasons, and during thunderstorm, can you loose electricity?
Alchemist
#43 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:28 AM
Fortunately, it doesn't rain or snow inside. If you have a roof that is...as for electricity loss, haven't experienced it myself...

#44 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:31 AM
Hehe! I cant wait to get this now!! buying it tomorrow! I think I am going to have to try to get back in the habit of playing a family, because I am so used to just going in-game for taking pictures and entering contests! So i guess I will be taking a break from a few contest for a while
Scholar
#45 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 2:01 AM
so do the custom bushes and flower beds work ? or do they go all flashy blue as well?

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Field Researcher
#46 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 2:19 AM
I love fishing!! One of my Sims caught a largemouth bass, a boot and a blue catfish so far. I mounted the catfish 'cause it was the first fish he caught, and I made Bass with squash or whatever it's called, haha. Is it true that you can eventually catch sharks? If so, which ones? I love sharks. They're cool.

I played for a few hours but didn't do much. It didn't snow once yet, I saw rain once but it stopped too fast for me to enjoy it, no thunderstorms, and all the leaves falling from the trees didn't seem to pile up on the ground. Is it supposed to do that?

The new items are pretty nice, like the country and sports set. I haven't checked everything yet.

I'll have to play some more before I decide if it's better than my fave exp, Nightlife, 'cause I barely did anything during the various seasons.

P.S. My PC's crap so I can't turn everything in high. I don't care though, as long as I can play!

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 2:22 AM
Attack of the Pod People
I only got to play for about 45 min as I had to work, but I absolutely loved what I saw. I played the new neighborhood, with the plant people family. DUDE!! FREAKING PLANT PEOPLE SPAWN BABIES!!!! I was looking at the one sim's past memories, and noticed that she 'spawned' her daughter, so I clicked on her, and sure enough...one of the plant people options is "spawn offspring". Freaky. Haha and of course, the first offspring she spawned were twins. Also, plant people don't have regular needs. They only need Sunlight, Water, and Love. And they only have three life stages (toddler, adult, elder). I'm not sure, but I think each stage is a little longer than a regular sim's. Another plant people option is "spawn spores of happiness" or something. I didn't really have time to figure out what it did, but I would assume it raises happiness of other sims.

I also noticed a light snow early in spring (none of it stayed on the ground), it was cool to see the sims automatically change before going outside. The thunderstorms were sweet, too. Lightning looks AWESOME. And it was funny cause a big crack of thunder hit, and both my adult sims went to the window and looked out (the plant sim cheered).

I can't freaking WAIT till tomorrow when I get to play more...
#48 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 2:37 AM
I really like it so far! The outerwear and the country theme is so cute! And I love the snow on the ground, but in the house i started in, it hasn't actually snowed yet. (And i think the weatherman is wrong...he said "rain later today" when it was the first day of winter....)

here is the only pic i've got. not much but its cute.

#49 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 2:53 AM
I finally got to play a household. I made a university sim that I plan to make into an alien-zombie-vampire-werewolf-plantsim (we're just sticking with alien for a while though). The moment she checked into the lot a huge rainstorm started. The lightning was incredible, the sounds made me almost jump out of my seat. Everyone ran outside and checked to see if it was raining. Wow, the sounds are spectacular.

Every time the lightning goes off too loud some sims will stop what they're doing and look out the window to say, "OMG, it's raining!11one"
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 2:55 AM
My first impression is: AMAZING!!!

Now I realized that it has some, well, some things that I would like to be different, but its still very nice :]

The best EP, along with Pets...
Page 2 of 8