Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#51 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 2:57 AM
I played for about an hour tonight. I didn't have any crashes. I used the useshadersfalse cheat.

I took out all the 'hacks' apart from the painting, the clothes rack, community weddings, and twins/triplets (reported to be okay). Anyhow, the game seems okay. Not much happened. I picked a season and soon it will be autumn..
Played with the pool/pool slide and had the little boy on the lot play catch with his sister in law (cool).

I did have a relationship break up but I am not sure if the girl was flirting with the 'cheater' and I missed it or if something is conflicting.

Apart from the few other universal hacks, I put back in my whole downloads folder and all the custom content is showing up and working so far.

I want to read more about setting the seasons and so on.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Advertisement
#52 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 3:02 AM
OMG, judging by that pic it has adroable clothing!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 3:23 AM
So far this is what i have found:
I have only been able to play about an hour so i will play more tonight and report back.

Installed great....and fast.
Loads quickly, mostly because i took just about everything out!
So far I have noticed no issues with CC.....so far....so i added a bit more...
Took a chance and added a couple of hacks to test....
Weather is fantastic, love the sounds and transitions...so fun!
Nice looking townies for a change, at least the ones I saw.
So, so far, i love it! very fun
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 3:30 AM
So far I love it. I've only gotten through Spring, though. My ONLY problem is that I played for 5 hours... and it ran low on virtual memory at the last moment.

I love the rain, though.
#55 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 4:08 AM
I removed all of my hacks and CC to install it, and then re-added them. Including about 30 hacks. Game has been working fine so far, all CC appears to be working.
#56 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 4:10 AM
I got the game today...all my custom content in the game is flashing blue. I have had this happen before but I can't remember what I did to make it stop and make my custom content work again!! Can someone please help me? Thanks.
#57 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by karenlynnvdp
I got the game today...all my custom content in the game is flashing blue. I have had this happen before but I can't remember what I did to make it stop and make my custom content work again!! Can someone please help me? Thanks.

I heard you need to move all your downloads into a separate folder, like on your desktop, then delete the empty downloads folder in your sims files, load up bodyshop to create a new one, and move the downloads back in it. I did this before I loaded the game and everything is working fine.
Test Subject
#58 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 4:14 AM
I may have missed it said somewhere but, I was surprised to see that my male boy sim got a snow day. So, apparently they do have snow days. In winter it snowed for like 3 days for me. It's finally melting now.
#59 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 4:17 AM
Ok I will try that. Tyvm for your help.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 4:57 AM
I LOVE THIS EP!!!

Did you know that if you hover over a lot in the neighborhood view, there is a little icon in front of the household name that shows what season that lot is currently in? Also, when there is snow on the ground, if you go into buy mode, or your inventory, the snow dissappears until you go back to live mode.

The penguin is adorable! The plantsims are really cool. I hope that someone re-does their skins soon, though. I would love to have a Louis-default with the vines on it. You can't change their hair. The weather changing machine is pretty cool, too. It is kinda hard to get a sim to freeze to the point that you have to thaw them out.

There is so much to see and do that it's a little overwhelming, but so worth it!

The thunder just about made me pee my pants, and the sound effects are perfect (rain falling, thunder cracking, wind howling in winter, etc.).

That's all for now, gotta get up really early for work. *ugh*
Field Researcher
#61 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jacciinatl
I removed almost all hacks all I have is the insimenator, a little cc and lot of that is reco's. I don't know what to do

Insim's your offender there.
#62 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 7:31 AM
Those house lots with custom trees may be saved when the custom tree files are fixed if any in the near future.

But, decorative object based trees may stay well?

insimenator is a big hack that affects many things...

I like discordkitty's avatar... it's so funny...

Hehe...
finally Maxis has seemingly realised they should do more game engine, shader works than doing meshed or textural works which modders do better!
Also, they seems to realise they just have to dump out the template objects or contents for modders to do their better arts...

Damn, the water piles don't merge.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 9:16 AM
So far I love the game. Had a couple of little glitches but they seem to have worked themselves out after restarting.

A couple of thoughts I've had though...are newspapers the only thing that can be composted? I kind of thought that spoiled food would be good for compost too.

Also, do the pets get scared of storms? I had a couple of storms but my pets didn't react, just wondering if that was just me.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 10:14 AM
Yes, it does if you set it to snow - you can make the seasons from neighbourhood view, so if you want no winter or constant winter, you can. With the weather machine, you can make it snow constantly, rain constantly, clear skies constantly or hail constantly - but only in golden aspiration and above.
Test Subject
#65 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 10:41 AM
wow it sounds really cool and all...id be contributing more since i picked up my copy on the way to work today...but alas....when i was installing it it asked for disc 2 three times while it was in the drive...i thought it might be dirty and took it out to clean it...and thats when i noticed it had a big crack in the second CD like 3/4 of the way through the width of the disc....i was so bummed out...guess i'll try to return it to eb games for an exchange on the way to work later today...."sigh"...dang it i really wanted to see it
.... :rage: ... ... :skull: ... :rip: ...
this is the first time i ever had anything like this happen

"sticks and stones may break my bones ...but whips and chains excite me...uhhh...come to think of it...so do sticks and stones"
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 10:41 AM
Well, I got Seasons at Best Buy as soon as they brought it out. Installation was fine for me, but I don't use hacks, so that may have helped. I've had no problems with any CC. I played one house through winter, spring, and part of summer. (too tired to continue to fall today, lol). I'm most happy about the fact that there was absolutely no lag in my gameplay. As a matter of fact, my game seems to look better now than it did before. The rain, snow, and hail all look good, though my sim hates them. I almost froze her to death too...anyway, I am really enjoying this EP. The thunder/lightning scared the crap out of me, but everything else is great so far!

Oh, and spring time is DANGEROUS! Not the storms, but the fact that my sim fell in love with 3 people in less than two days!
#67 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bad kay
I haven't played alot yet (only two days in spring) and it was nice, though I think EA forgot to say that this game isn't good for heartpatients I almost got a heartattack when I heard the thunder.

you and me both lol

Ever since sims 1, i thought it was stupid that there wansnt any rain and stuff, but now there is, and i couldnt be more happy. and now you can grow your own fruit and veg, its great, havent found any bad things to it yet, except my fruit trees are kinda always sick lol
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 11:58 AM
Didn't have any thunder or storm or snow, yet. It did rain a bit though. I like the 'water balloon fight' (don't know the actual name in english) is very funny... But I wonder how manny of those 'watter balloon' things they can keep taking out of their pockets... esceccially since they where playing in their swimming suit...

I do have 1 question about the fishes. Do the fishes appear automaticly in the pond or do you have to buy them somewhere...?

Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
calalily, I have had some Knowledge sims have the want for a baby before....
Dream

After 2 babys mine roll the want to have 10 baby's... (I never fulfilled that want, who knows they'll get the want for 15 baby's)
#69 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 12:49 PM
Yes!! I get it today, sooo exicited
Inventor
#70 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:31 PM
Just started and my first impression... I've got a problem

I'm using the Oldies to testdrive Seasons and well.... I just watched Herb & Cora take shower after shower, bath after bath for hours on end.... Then Cora went to drink a cup of coffee, herb kept wanting to hug her romantically, they both went to the toilet, and.... back to take bath after bath, shower after shower...

I've rread they use it to warm up, but their temperature gauges are OK, guess it's a conflicting mod... sigh. Now of to find out wath it is, guess Inteenminater is the first I'll boot...

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Forum Resident
#71 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 3:09 PM
I told a sim to put on outer wear before going to work. Then I cancelled his going to work to change his appearance. He changed from the outer wear into everyday to look into the mirror and the clothing options that match hairstyles were grayed out. I couldn't chose any - swimming, sleep wear, outer wear. So when I chose the stocking cap, he ended up wearing it with his everyday wear. He didn't change back into his outer wear after finishing either. He just wore his every day outfit with his new stocking cap and went to work.
Instructor
#72 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 3:25 PM
I've only read the first page of this thread, because I have been playing my game a LOT since I got Seasons yesterday. I LOVE it! This is the most that I think I have enjoyed an EP since I started playing the game last year. I just had my first thunderstorm and I LOVE them! They're AWESOME! Also now that it is winter a few times in a sim's lifetime I can finally use all of the great Christmas stuff that came with the Happy Holidays EP. It just felt really weird for me to use it before when it always looked like the middle of summer! LOL! And now sims can actually give Christmas gifts too! Here are some screen shots of my sim's first Christmas.

And here is the penguin trying to talk to a demolished snowman! LOL!

BEST EP EVER! (In my opinion of course! ) Though I thought Pets was cute I didn't enjoy it nearly this much.

Dream

ETA: I also noticed that the skill building boost in the fall also applies to pets learning commands and behaviors...which is awesome. So from that I am pretty sure it will speed up toddler training and teaching kids to study as well. That was a nice surprise to me since I thought it only pertained to skill points. All of the seasonal boosts are great. When my sim got married in the winter it only took a couple of interactions between her and his cat to get them to friends (since pets are considered family and winter boosts family relations).
#73 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 6:13 PM
I got Seasons on the 27th, and I love every little thing of it. I've played through the four seasons with the Oldie family (gardening and fishing make amazing activities for elders, who used to be kinda redundant in my game) and really enjoyed it. I love how you can check how your plants are doing by the little smileys hovering over them, and talking to plants just cracks me up everytime I see a sim at it

What I'm curious about is if anyone's been able to get this Wishing Well thing so far? The only time I saw it was when I was checking the testingcheats for new stuff.
#74 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 6:30 PM
Sigh... All this news and these photos make me want season . But they didn't have it yet today . Probably Saturday...
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#75 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lucinda3
I got Seasons on the 27th, and I love every little thing of it. I've played through the four seasons with the Oldie family (gardening and fishing make amazing activities for elders, who used to be kinda redundant in my game) and really enjoyed it. I love how you can check how your plants are doing by the little smileys hovering over them, and talking to plants just cracks me up everytime I see a sim at it

What I'm curious about is if anyone's been able to get this Wishing Well thing so far? The only time I saw it was when I was checking the testingcheats for new stuff.

You have to call the gardening club in the services menu. When the member appears, greet them > ask to join club. It's rediculously easy to get into the club. Have some healthy plants, trees, sculptures, potted plants etc on the lot. Once you're in, the wishing well is placed on your lot.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Page 3 of 8