Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:41 AM
I don't know..it just reminds me of life (I've been playing this for 2 years!)..you can use the hack but a lot of people will agree when you have a poor sim (or doing a legacy with NO cheating) you seem to get more babies.

It could be random..that's just my experience.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:44 AM
Well like I said in another thread I had my first set of twins in ages since installing Seasons, so who know (I have no hacks in my game at all, so I know it can't be that)? In fact the only other times I have had twins naturally is with Nervous Subject. He gave me two sets of natural twins. (That sounds REALLY weird when I use the pronoun "I" in those sentences! LOL!)

Also has anyone else noticed that babies' and toddlers' needs seem to be dropping a lot quicker since installing Seasons? When my twins were born they cried the entire time until they became toddlers (Which has never happened to me before and I have always thought that the quiet sim babies were quite unrealistic...at least with the non-stop screaming it is more like real life! LOL!). Once they were toddlers I found out why. They became toddlers with their fun and hygiene extremely low (they didn't have dirty diapers either) and that has never happened before in my game. Then as they were toddlers it seemed to me that their needs dropped quicker than they had before I installed Seasons. So is it just me and a weird glitch or has anyone else experienced this?

Dream
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
Also has anyone else noticed that babies' and toddlers' needs seem to be dropping a lot quicker since installing Seasons?

Don't know for toddlers... (don't have any since season, yet), but I noticed that for the baby's... I hope it's a bug and not a new feature that came along with my seasons...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 3:15 PM
You know i noticed that the babies needed alot more care than normal and most of the time just cry to be picked up like real babies do, im not complaining cuz i really think Maxis needed to make the babies more real in the game but i couldnt get anything else done because my twins were both screaming their heads off the whole 3 days.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 3:44 PM
I've only had one sim give birth since I got it, and that was twins. I'm not much help :P

My name is Loren.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 7:19 PM
The only hack i have installed is the pregnancy wear all hack, Its really the only hack i cant live w/o, altho i am going to experiment after winter is done and take the hack out and see if it is indeed giving me the problem of not being able to choose a different outerwear. That seems to be the only issue i find with that specific hack. I would take out some of your other hacks and see what happens, it could be conflicting with the pregnancy wear all hack.

Visit my site http://geocities.com/fairy_goddess922/

I love Plumbob!!!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#32 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 8:51 PM
As far as the babies and toddlers' needs going down quicker, I havent really dealt much with babies yet, and so havent noticed. But something I have noticed that has changed, is what happens when they talk on the phone, even while pregnant, the sim's relationship points goes up 6 at a time, not 5. Maybe that is with just the premade families, as I have been mainly playing them to test the game. So anyway, it is definitely possible that they have changed things like babies' needs with this expansion pack.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 8:55 PM
Ok quick question i know there was something that made it so you could select Sims you normally couldnt (like babies) to see their needs bars, I just was wondering if anyone knew it because that would make taking care of babes a lot easier.

I love Plumbob!!!
Test Subject
#34 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ferrischick99
Ok quick question i know there was something that made it so you could select Sims you normally couldnt (like babies) to see their needs bars, I just was wondering if anyone knew it because that would make taking care of babes a lot easier.

You can do this with boolprop (but I know some people are anti-boolprop so ignore me if you want!) You can do boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, and then cnrl+click on the baby and choose MAKE CLICKABLE (or selectable or something). That's how I've always done it. You do the same thing to make them unselectable. just cntrl+click again and choose MAKE UNSELECTABLE.
Instructor
#35 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:06 PM
I read MaxoidSam's blog today where he explained what is a glitch in the game and what isn't. He said that the babies crying all of the time was a glitch that they are going to fix with the patch. I don't know whether to be happy or disappointed. LOL! They'll be easier to take care of again, but it won't be as realistic anymore.

Oh and he didn't mention anything about there being more twins. I wonder though. My twins were born in the spring and I thought maybe it was a new feature, you know spring being the time of new life and babies.

Dream
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:37 PM
you know what now that i think of it my twins were conceived in winter and born either at the end of winter or early spring so it could be. Oh and thanks for the cheat code Carla I'm not anti boolprop so ill deffinetly use it.

EDIT: hmmmm just tried the boolprop thing and it wont work i cant even click on the baby while holding down ctrl.

I love Plumbob!!!
Test Subject
#37 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ferrischick99
EDIT: hmmmm just tried the boolprop thing and it wont work i cant even click on the baby while holding down ctrl.

Oops!! It's SHIFT click. and it says MAKE SELECTABLE. I just tested in my game. sorry about that!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 1:38 AM
lol thats totally ok, not a big deal i got sick with the family with a baby so im going to try to get plant people. Ill try it when they have a baby. Thanks for the help.

I love Plumbob!!!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#39 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 3:27 AM
I had my first birth post Seasons...guess what? Twins. I guess I was due. I haven't had them for a long time. Born in the fall. My babies didn't fuss. Could have something to do with the dozens of snapdragons surrounding their cribs? Ya think? :howdy:

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Instructor
#40 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 3:43 AM
Great idea canoodle!!
#41 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 5:59 AM
i had a spat of quadtrplites(i know i might have spelled it wrong) it only happened becasue i had to have to women get pregnant. ugh. ^_^!!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 6:05 AM
i thought u could only have quads with the hack???

I love Plumbob!!!
#43 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 6:31 AM
My first sim to get pregnant with Seasons installed had boy/girl twins. And I really was hating that screaming babies bug, too, especially with two screaming babies. I do have the twins/triplets/quads hack, but I clicked on "original" when the prompt came up and I still had twins.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 6:34 AM
lol its kinda cool to see how many people are getting twins on their first time around with seasons installed. Kinda creepy if you ask me!

I love Plumbob!!!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#45 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 2:35 PM
It makes me wonder if they borked the coding on births...at least for the first one. Or changed the coding to up the twins percentage. Lord, I hope not! I'm going to knock up another Sim and see what happens.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
#46 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 2:56 PM
what is the twin/triplets/quads cheat or hack what is that? please reply back thank you
gabbster!
Test Subject
#47 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 4:38 PM
When I installed seasons, I had my first set of twins for 6 months. I wonder if it is luck or the game.?.?
#48 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 4:57 PM
my first birth since i installed seasons was a single boy. after reading this thread i was hoping it would be twins though!

i've only had the baby one day and i have noticed that the needs are going down a lot quicker. before seasons, when the baby had a green cloud around it, it meant the diaper needed changed. now it can mean that the baby needs bathed. correct me if i'm wrong, but before seasons, the baby didn't really need bathed..it just needed it's diaper changed.

its cool though, but i'm sure i'll get sick of it in time lol.
#49 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 9:36 PM
I am playing a family right now with five kids and four of them are sets of twins. I have the twins/triplets/quads hack but I clicked on Original both times and she had twins. She is pregnant again so I am hoping she will not have twins again.
Test Subject
#50 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 10:28 PM
i haven't noticed an increase. I tend to have a decent amount of twins in general
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Common Thread Topic.
Page 2 of 3