Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 5:32 PM
The 1gb Ram is good, although I think the processor is a little bad for the game... And if you don't have a good graphics card, It will lag ''a little bit to much''... RAM doesn't really affect your game if you don't have a good graphics card and processor, but it's the cheapeast way to have a fast computer/game.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 2:55 AM
Hi everyone ^^.

I have a question regarding my video card. I have an ATI Radeon X1400 with 256 MB memory, which I can't find listed as one of the accepted video cards for the base game or the expansions.

I have the base game and the Pets EP, and both work fine with pretty good graphics, so I'm not terribly worried about Seasons not running, but I was just wondering if anyone knew where my card stands as far as they go.

My processor's at 2GHz, I have a full gig of RAM, and I'm on a laptop (if that makes any difference). I was just wondering if the game working so far has been a bizarre fluke and if I should be deathly afraid come Seasons

I hope not; I'm really looking forward to this one
Forum Resident
#28 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 10:07 PM
well i read it doesnt really matter about graphics cards and system performance!!

Its just how pretty you want it!
Instructor
#29 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 6:03 AM
Well I think I'll be okay but it might be a little laggy unfortunately I'm running on a laptop so I guess its to be expected.. I have nvidia geforce 7400 and even now I wish it was a little higher lol.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Field Researcher
#30 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 12:11 PM
I have:
2.66 GHz
111 GB HardDrive w/ 81.7 GB free
1 GB RAM
nVidia G-Force FX 5200 video card w/ 128 mb RAM

All the EP's and Stuff packs... is this going to be good enough? I am worried about the processor, I guess. I don't know if GHz or MHz is bigger (is it like mb and gb?).

Thanks for the help! :D
Field Researcher
#31 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enchantedw0lf
I have:
2.66 GHz
111 GB HardDrive w/ 81.7 GB free
1 GB RAM
nVidia G-Force FX 5200 video card w/ 128 mb RAM

All the EP's and Stuff packs... is this going to be good enough? I am worried about the processor, I guess. I don't know if GHz or MHz is bigger (is it like mb and gb?).

Thanks for the help! :D

That will definitely be fine! No worries! GHz is bigger than MHz. n_~

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Stupid people are stupid
#32 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 2:46 PM
enchantedw0lf, i would rather worry about the graphicscard then the processor. Not saying your card won't be able to play, but it's not the best.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 4:29 PM
I have:

intel celeron 2.53ghz processor
512mb ram
nVidia Geforce fx 5200 graphics card
14.4 gb of free space

will mine run ok? at the mo, it isn't too bad and i have all the expansion packs, it only takes about 5 minutes to load. im just hoping seasons will run okay.
and before anyone says, i am aware that my specs aren't that great.

Call me Kay please :)
Theorist
#34 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 9:42 PM
It looks like it will run okay, but just okay. Seasons could end up being more of a resource hog than the other expansions no matter what Maxis/EA claim, but Seasons should work for you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 10:51 PM
How do you think this graphics card will handle the game with all expansions up to Seasons: Ati Radeon Xpress 1150 256 MB? I'm buying a laptop and that is the card it has.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 3:21 PM
I'm getting a new PC, its got 2gb of ram, intel dual core processor (2 x 1.86ghz) and 512MB ATI X1650 graphics card, the graphics card isn't listed as supported so I was wondering if it would work?
#37 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 4:58 PM
WHew, my Athlon XP runs at 2Ghz (Overclocked a little), and I have a nVidia 6800GS, although I'm getting a Intel Core 2 Duo with a nVidia 8800GTS, Then teh sims will go too fast!
Theorist
#38 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 9:11 AM
mine should be just fine I was told from the idots at best buy that my computer with all these exspensive upgrades I did I should be able to run the sims for years to come and we will have to just wait and see..and yes I called them idots cause the people they hire for there geek squad really our! lol..its a long story
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 11:21 PM
Ok please dont laugh at me

Where do you find these specs on your PC?
the only thing I know is I have an Intel 82845G graphic control, not sure if that is supported.

Thank you for the help
Banned
#40 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 10:24 PM
I'm used to lag but...

Will it run okay on my computer?
I have a AMD Sempron, 1000MHz processor
383MB of RAM
Nivida GeForce 6100, Integrated, 128MB memory
Around 600MB Downloads
OFB and University (and seasons when I get it)

I'm guess, so-so.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 11:03 PM
simgamefan 1ghz i bad for the sims 2 seasons thats 3mhz less than the MINIMUM. im suprised that it can run now!

Ive only got 1.8ghz and 1gb ram!!
Stupid people are stupid
#42 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGameFan
I'm used to lag but...

Will it run okay on my computer?
I have a AMD Sempron, 1000MHz processor
383MB of RAM
Nivida GeForce 6100, Integrated, 128MB memory
Around 600MB Downloads
OFB and University (and seasons when I get it)

I'm guess, so-so.

Simgamefan, your processor is less then what they recommend:
http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=280
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#43 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 11:27 PM
Here at my second home,on my less than perfect second computer, I am running a Pentium 4 3.06GHz, 512 RAM, AND a crappy Intel integrated chipset. All EP's. Not a hiccup, smooth gameplay, but less than stellar graphics. I'm not worried too much about Seasons...but this might be the impetous for me to get off my lazy butt and update my RAM and Graphics card.

We'll see how bone crushingly slow it runs. I hate to spend the money on this 'puter (I'm only here 4 months a year ) when I have other computers at my permanent residence that are absolutely fabulous..built to play the Sims2. Canoodle<----lazy and cheap.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#44 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 3:57 PM
Could someone direct me to find out what I have so I can see if it is dooable?

Thanks so much..

Lori
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#45 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alantra
Could someone direct me to find out what I have so I can see if it is dooable?

Thanks so much..

Lori

http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=112711

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#46 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 5:28 PM
Crap! I always thought I had a pretty good graphics card, but now it's at the bottom of the system requirements. I'm playing the technological equivalent of bell bottoms!
Forum Resident
#47 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 6:57 PM
mokado....i am running all eps and stuff packs on these setting

shadows-med
sim detail-high
texture-high
lighting-med
hide objects-off
smooth edges-med

on my 1.8ghz processor and ghuess what its smooth!!!!!

So guys remeber this the sims 2 is DESIGNED to run on even the crappiest of machines though i draw the line at 1.2ghz!!!

PS. upgrade to 1gb ram...WHAT a diference!1 and ive only got a radeon 9250 128mb card!!
Banned
#48 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TingTong
simgamefan 1ghz i bad for the sims 2 seasons thats 3mhz less than the MINIMUM. im suprised that it can run now!

Ive only got 1.8ghz and 1gb ram!!

Quote: Originally posted by angel f
Simgamefan, your processor is less then what they recommend:
http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=280

Okay, stupid question, but...will it run better than my old Windows 98 that only had univerity installed and had 256MB of ram and a 650MHz processor? Or will it run worse?
Will it even run the game at all with seasons installed? What about with graphics turned down lower? I really want this expansion, but I am not able to upgrade my computer.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 6:51 PM
My graphics card is called ATI Mobility Radeon 9100 IGP or something, and I've checked the list and the ATI graphics cards go from 9000 to 9200 with no 9100 in between... does this mean that my graphics card isn't supported? Because Pets has the exact same requirements, but works fine.

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
Forum Resident
#50 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 9:25 PM
simgamefan do this -defragment,delete all cc or at least get it down to 100mb and no it wot work better on the old one!! get rid of any eps and sps possible!!
Page 2 of 7