Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 1:37 AM
All my clone babies are just creepy looking... and I have a ton of them! I could make my own sim version of "Children of the Corn" or something...They are all identical, physically and their personalities too. I am going to have to give this a try, or soon all of Pleasantview is going to look inbred! (or maybe I need to populate a new cemetary...hmmm....decisions, decisions)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 1:54 PM
So is it just before Seasons that they would be totally identical? And like by totally I mean every inch of their facial features would be the same?
#53 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dragon_tfm
lol at least your clones are attractive zizismommy half the ones i get are fugly

lol. Thanks. But when I first started playing the sims, and this would happen, man, those kids would be hideous. :loco:
#54 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 2:09 PM
how about that. i never noticed it until i ran an experiment yesterday and realized this to be true. i always just assumed they looked alike because they were siblings after all. i never noticed that the personalities were always the same too. . .so i have one question:

is it okay if you roll the pacifier when you first go into the neighborhood you will play? i find it cumbersome to have to get a sim pregnant, leave the household to go to the neighborhood screen, open up cas, and then randomize, and then go back to the neighborhood, and then back into the household. see what i mean? so can i randomize before i decide to have any sims get pregnant?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#55 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 5:33 PM
jenf - I have Seasons and I still have the Firstborn Syndrome problem.

Webster54 - Yes, you just need to randomize sometime before the pregnant sim gives birth during that play session. Whether you do it as soon as you load the game, or as you say, after the sim is already pregnant, doesn't matter - as long as it's before she starts huffing and puffing and about to give birth, and you only need to do it once per load of the whole game. If you switch houses or neighborhoods or whatever it should stay randomized.

Just remember to go into CAS and hit "random sim" a dozen or so times (it's important that you don't do it the same number each time, so just click randomly a bunch of times and then exit CAS) and you won't have this problem anymore.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#56 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 9:16 PM
Ahhh right it's just I had twins before Seasons and one was tan and one was white :S
#57 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 11:03 PM
Ive NEVER needed to RollThePacifier and most of the time have different looking kiddies.
Wether they turn out ugly or beautifule(quite a few decent looking,many ugly toddlers) they like 90% of the time look different. And im all for having 6-12sim kids,lol, and in the neighbourhood with 10kids they look similar but are diferent.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 7:42 PM
I've never heard about this before...EVER. I'm glad I found out - I just thought they looked the same because they were really alike or something
Test Subject
#59 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 10:07 PM
I used to get sim kids that looked the same all the time but now i never do , i have never done rolling the pacifier, but most the time nearly all my kids have one different parent.
These three had the same parents and they all had a different look, the boys are nearly the same so far apart from eye and hair colour and i think that one has elf ears and the other doesn't

Raven

wow
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 2:35 AM
Never had this either, but I always turn 'facial blend' off.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 8:53 PM
Never knew of this. Most babiwes don't look too much alike. Only time was with the alien twins, and I thought that was just a lucky birth.
#62 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 9:25 PM
Wait where do you get J.M. Pescado's Lot Debugger?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind I found it
#63 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 10:57 PM
is there some kind of hack i can use to stop first born syndrome? without having to roll the pacifer?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#64 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 11:53 PM
Yes...as stated above. Pescado's lot debugger, nuclear war version. It's found at moreawesomethanyou.com

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 9:35 PM
This makes an awful lot of sense to me!

I've always thought that there was something dodgy about the way sim kids' features and personality were chosen - it never seemed terribly random to me - and now I know why!

It wasn't so much the appearance - I assumed that siblings looked very similar because they were, well, siblings! But the identical personalities really bugged me.

Now I know what to do about it - no more clones for me - thanks! :yippee:
Alchemist
#66 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 11:06 PM
I still don't understand the pacifier thing. You do this when a sim is pregnet? you roll the dice trying to create a normal sim or a baby? you leave CAS after rolling the dice without saving anything? just cancel the sim??
Alchemist
#67 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 11:12 PM
You do it in the play session when you plan on delivering the baby. It doesn't matter when she got pregnant.

In CAS, you roll the dice a few times (regular sim, the age doesn't matter), then exit without saving the sim, because all you need is for the game to randomize genetics a little so that your baby won't be a clone of its siblings.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#68 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 11:16 PM
Default I did not know about rolling the pacifier either
and my kids do not look alike. I actually had a blonde hair Mom & Dad that had a couple of blonde hair kids and then they had a kid with black hair, I am not sure where this kid with black hair came from!
Alchemist
#69 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
You do it in the play session when you plan on delivering the baby. It doesn't matter when she got pregnant.

In CAS, you roll the dice a few times (regular sim, the age doesn't matter), then exit without saving the sim, because all you need is for the game to randomize genetics a little so that your baby won't be a clone of its siblings.

Ah, finally! Understood. Thanks!
Instructor
#70 Old 4th May 2007 at 9:37 AM
Not read the entire thread, a question. When I have to load CAS, I simply have to wait 15 minutes! It's terrible! So 30 minutes to load the game, 15 for the CAS, then again come back to neighborhood and then load the lot (yes, I know, delete some CCs, I am doing, believe me). Is there a way to roll the pacifier without entering the CAS? does a hack exist, please?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#71 Old 4th May 2007 at 4:24 PM
You wish has been granted Vaalyah..the FFS lot debugger does it for you.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...topic,72.0.html After reading the manual ..skip on over to "the armory" and get the correct edition for you game config in the "hack list" thread.

ETA: FFS does NOT mean Family Fun Stuff. It's just a coincidence. LOL Pescado names his hacks "flying fish systems" and unfortunately when family fun was released, the abbreviation matched his.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Scholar
#72 Old 6th May 2007 at 2:01 PM
If this dice thing is true...does that mean that twins always look the same?

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
#73 Old 22nd May 2007 at 1:38 PM
O M G. I can't believe I never noticed this!! I was reading this thread last night as I had a sim kid and a sim infant (both boys) waiting for me on my current lot. The infant grew up and I checked and they are CLONES!

Why did I never notice it before? That's kinda creepy.

Wonder if Maxis will ever fix that.. I mean the Sim Twins look different and they are the ones that would be cool identical.

So is it easier to exit into CAS and do it that way, or using the debugger thing? I looked at the debugger last night and it makes me a little nervous with all the death and mayhem type options it comes with. lol I'd cry if I hit the wrong thing.

I'm way invested in all my sims. :dumbfunny
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#74 Old 22nd May 2007 at 1:56 PM
digital_hannah - Actually, the randomizing thing is the reason why twins are almost always not identical. You only get identical twins when the parents are identical in appearance (gender-switched versions of the same sim) or extremely close in facial structure (the babies won't be identical but they may be close enough that you can't tell the difference in their faces) or when the parent was self-impregnated and had twins. The game randomizes genetics between births so you really don't get identical twins... just sometimes really similar ones.

ell2023 - I've done it both ways. The lot debugger is safe... I think it just mainly depends on what your load time for a lot is vs. your load time for CAS. Use whichever's quicker.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#75 Old 22nd May 2007 at 2:16 PM
My most recent generation, two twin girls were born to the same parents. They aren't identical! Which is actually quite strange for me... one of them has the darkest skintone and her father's face, and the younger one has the third darkest skintone and her mum's face.
BUT Both have the same eyecolour and haircolour, and they have the same personality I think... give or take a few points.
Though like Ghanima (and I've complained about this before in other threads) my legacy family have only had girls, and I'm up to the fourth generation. It is so frustrating but I haven't yet tried saving before the baby is born, exiting the lot and reloading yet. I remember I did that once ages ago and it worked.

Does this, "rolling the pacifier" thing apply to gender as well? Just wondering...

And I am finding all of this confusing, so if someone could write the steps down in child speak with a numbered list, I would really appreciate it. You know, for us dumb kids and all.

<3
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Common Thread Topic.
Page 3 of 4