Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#26 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 8:43 PM
Piano Fix? They've claimed that in almost every patch. We'll see....
Ottomas fix probably won't work if you've played the family. I think that's what the 'disclaimer' at the top of the patch page is addressing. Basically: your milage may vary.
At least they didn't try to lead us astray with another maid/fishtank cleaning fix! LOL

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 9:42 PM
Quote:
Seasonal Progression from home lot will now properly transfer to owned community lots.

Woot! That's more like it!

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Alchemist
#28 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 11:07 PM
Sorry to keep harping about this, but does anyone know if its the patch that came with H&M? I tested the spontaneous combustion fix and kept a sim on the treadmill even though his thermometer had risen greatly. He didn't blow up. But then again I never had a Sim spontaneously combust before so maybe i didn't let him go for long enough.

And what's the difference between a digital download and a CD/DVD download?

EDIT: I tested out the energizer aspiration award. The Sims continue to remain in the energizer even after their needs are maxed, so I guess the update that came with H&M is separate. Unless that feature of the patch is false.
Alchemist
#29 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 6:31 AM
OK here's some absolute confirmation - the seasons patch and H&M update are not the same. I downloaded the patch and my Sim left the energizer when she was all done.
The "Primp" option is back as well, which I know some people were sad to see had vanished.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#30 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 6:41 AM
The advice from Tech help at MTS2 still stands. Download and install every patch for each EP installed. I do not buy the reasoning that a stuffit pack will update your game engine, although I believe that glamour was a bit more stable. Jordi has also reported that the first Seasons patch ( remember it said you don't have to use the other patches) does not patch the base game. So, DL and install them all. If the game says it's updated (when attempting to patch the game), no harm no foul. Move on to the next patch.

On topic: my patch installed without a hitch. I haven't tested it in-game yet. But, I did remove the awesome hacks that fixed the problems loooong before EAxis got around to it. We'll see........

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Alchemist
#31 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 6:46 AM
EAxis... i like that, canoodle! lol
Test Subject
#32 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 6:52 AM
H'mm I'm on slow dial up....64MB patch??? Guess I'll have to suffer the mistakes Maxis made in the first place grr..
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stariscool
I downloaded the patch eariler, just tried to install it but I got an error message saying: "Error during update installation. You may need to uninstall and reinstall The Sims 2 Seasons. Please make sure you back up your saved games first." Anybody know what I should do? Has anyone else had this problem? I installed H&M stuff yesterday if that makes a difference.

Okay, I'm having the exact same problem. I didn't change a thing (not even my graphics). I'm so NOT reïnstalling seasons again... Now what package could be broken? Wait I'm not getting that error because I deleted the g001 (?) neighbourhoud that came with seasons, am I?
* sigh *
I guess that means no patch for me...
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 8:36 PM
I like what this patch offers, I am soo scared to install it though......
Forum Resident
#35 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NH1
Okay, I'm having the exact same problem. I didn't change a thing (not even my graphics). I'm so NOT reïnstalling seasons again... Now what package could be broken? Wait I'm not getting that error because I deleted the g001 (?) neighbourhoud that came with seasons, am I?
* sigh *
I guess that means no patch for me...

It might seem like hassle but it worked for me. Just make sure you back up your save files AND downloads folder. I saved my sims but not all my downloads. Damn it, all this for that patch, and most of the problems on the list I haven't even noticed. I just like to be up to date.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenny
I like what this patch offers, I am soo scared to install it though......

Me, too, Jenny. I downloaded it yesterday, but I think I will wait a few days to see what everyone says about it.
Alchemist
#37 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enchantedw0lf
Me, too, Jenny. I downloaded it yesterday, but I think I will wait a few days to see what everyone says about it.

I really like it. What was promised seems to be all there, and maybe it's just my head playing tricks on me, but everything seems to run a bit smoother.
#38 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 9:16 PM
I just installed the patch and everything seems to be normal.
Test Subject
#39 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 9:29 PM
Just started up my game with the patch. Everything's working fine. And the piano doesn't decrease fun! It's a miracle! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 9:38 PM
I just downloaded the patch and had no problems. It's worth it just for the pathfinding stuff. No more walking out the back door and around the entire lot to get to the front of the house! Halellujah!
Instructor
#41 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 11:42 PM
I downloaded it without any problems.. now to see what my game thinks of it *crosses fingers*

edit: THANK GOD those trees are off of my lots! *dances* I was starting to build houses around them.. lol :'(

Everything seems to be in working order

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Field Researcher
#42 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 2:10 AM
Oh, thank goodness--I would've smashed my head in with a hammer if another one of my Sims walked halfway around the entire house just to get from front to back. That one's a biggie.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 5:02 AM
Did anyone notice the sims faces changed, or they are missing their eyebrows etc.....mine are different...this makes me soo upset!
Alchemist
#44 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 5:50 AM
No Jenny, there were no problems with mine... I hope you can fix it up. I wonder if its something to do with a hack you may have.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 6:06 AM
Just installed this today - and I've got one very small complaint. There seems to be a graphical glitch with the rugs? The rugs I put down yesterday, before I installed the patch, are still fine, but new ones have this funky bright bits. It's not lot or neighborhood specific, and I tested it with all my custom content removed and it still happened... so I'm assuming the patch is what caused it.

Has anyone else noticed this? Anyone willing to test it for me?

EDIT: here's a link to an image depicting the error. One rug was set down yesterday, and the other was just put down. Also, if I move the old one, it acquires the same issue.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56544441@N00/545725946/
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 7:26 AM
Hm. Well, I'm not sure what happened, but after downloading more stuff and restarting, the rugs are fixed. How strange. If anyone has that happen to them, uh... restart a few times, I guess. Weird.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 9:46 AM
I guess there will be a 3th patch for seasons. Check this post at the bbs made by MaxoidSam.

P.S. I finally have that patch installed! But now I'm to scared to start my game...
Test Subject
#48 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 11:05 AM
Yep, EA/Maxis borked the 2nd patch. The babies now cry all the time again.
Test Subject
#49 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 12:12 PM
I've had a few problems since installing it people being stuck etc, I think it's at some of the hacks don't work with the new patch
Alchemist
#50 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miao
Oh, thank goodness--I would've smashed my head in with a hammer if another one of my Sims walked halfway around the entire house just to get from front to back. That one's a biggie.

Ok, now I have to download it lol
Page 2 of 5