Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#51 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 1:39 PM
I played a full good 2 hours yesterday, and I had no problems whatsoever. I'll try some more lots (with babies etc.) and see what happens. But yes, my toddler did wake up pretty fast...
However, I noticed the other stuff works as it should!

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raven_girl
I've had a few problems since installing it people being stuck etc, I think it's at some of the hacks don't work with the new patch

I've had a similar issue, sims don't seem to recognise the presence of a door in front of them and they start complaining that they cannot go where I tell them to go.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 3:50 PM
Has anyone tried the Ottomas family with the patch? They've been sitting in my sim bin forever, because I'm too scared to move them in and bork the game...

I'm super happy about the piano fix though. You have to delete the piano and replace it though, for it to work.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by asyouwish
Has anyone tried the Ottomas family with the patch? They've been sitting in my sim bin forever, because I'm too scared to move them in and bork the game...

I'm super happy about the piano fix though. You have to delete the piano and replace it though, for it to work.

I have never had a problem with them. I moved them in when the game first came out and before people started having problems. I still play them now and *touch wood* it hasn't messed up my game yet.

Me addicted to the Sims? Never! You only have an addiction if you attend meetings.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FeNerd
I have never had a problem with them. I moved them in when the game first came out and before people started having problems. I still play them now and *touch wood* it hasn't messed up my game yet.

Really? I think I will brave it, then. Hopefully my game won't explode. *crosses fingers*
Test Subject
#56 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 6:18 PM
Since I've downloaded this patch I noticed that babies actually started to cry excessively. I hadn't noticed this problem before, and today I had to age my baby twins up to avoid killing them...

Moreover, it seems that some objects now blink in blue although they were fine before...

Has anyone else noticed those issues?

Quote:
Le kangourou repeint toujours son tournevis quand les kiwis jouent du piano.
-François Pérusse

I can translate your mods/hacks/softwares/objects in French, just ask me!
Instructor
#57 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 9:57 PM
Astillac - I've had that glitch for as long as I can remember when I place rugs with boolprop snapobjectstogrid false. Were you using that cheat when you placed the rug?

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Alchemist
#58 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 11:36 PM
I dunno if it has to do with the patch, but a tree just caught fire and a small part of the tree did not extinguish. Rather it burned eternally. So I had to leave the lot without saving. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 12:16 AM
Could you not just delete the tree?

Me addicted to the Sims? Never! You only have an addiction if you attend meetings.
Alchemist
#60 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FeNerd
Could you not just delete the tree?

No, I tried. The fire remained in the air... lol
I'd only been playing for like 5 minutes, though, so it didn't really matter.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#61 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 2:42 AM
I've had stuck fire a few times. It's not uncommon and has been occuring for ages. Use Pescado's stuck object remover to burninate it.

As an aside, EAxis has rescinded this patch and posted up the old one. Sam has a sticky somewhere on the forums. The patch is working great for me. My toddlers never cried much to start with..and they still don't. Apparently the new patch broke the 'old' patch and the game is reverting back to the low fun motive for infants. *shrug* I see no difference.

Most of the other niggling bugs are fixed for me. In particular, the energizer.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
#62 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 9:43 AM
Ok is there a way to unpatch?
because recvinding patches scares me.
Plus my sims were changing into outwear when they went out - then the patch 'fixed' this and now they don't!
Forum Resident
#63 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 9:50 AM
I think all you can do to "un-patch" the game is to uninstall Seasons and re-install it.
Alchemist
#64 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 3:07 PM
I don't think it's a huge deal though, just wait til the next edition.
MaxoidSam says it'll be out next week. And they only pulled it to fix babies, not because it's dangerous.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#65 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 3:43 PM
If that's the only thing broken, which it seems like it is, I won't install the new one. I don't have crying baby problems anyway. I wish they would just.get.it.right.the.first.time. Who else is a little annoyed that we have, as of late, been the beta testers for the patches?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Alchemist
#66 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by canoodle
If that's the only thing broken, which it seems like it is, I won't install the new one. I don't have crying baby problems anyway. I wish they would just.get.it.right.the.first.time. Who else is a little annoyed that we have, as of late, been the beta testers for the patches?

And for the games, too. lol
Sad but true...
Scholar
#67 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 5:14 PM
I don't care so much about the toddler/baby problem - there are so many other benefits of the new patch that I am happy as it is. I will just keep clear of babies until the new patch is released. :P

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
#68 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 5:27 PM
did they do something about sims burning to death in the hot tub or after exercising? i've lost a many a good family sim and guests this way.
Alchemist
#69 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Webster54
did they do something about sims burning to death in the hot tub or after exercising? i've lost a many a good family sim and guests this way.

I think that's supposed to happen
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PunkyBreester
Astillac - I've had that glitch for as long as I can remember when I place rugs with boolprop snapobjectstogrid false. Were you using that cheat when you placed the rug?

I was, yes. And, honestly, I don't know what I did to fix it... Well, hold on, I'll go try to break it again. ^__~

EDIT: Innnnteresting. I hadn't even thought that the snapto cheat would have done it - I'd never used it before, so I assumed it was a glitch with Seasons. *doh* Hm. Did you ever figure out how to fix it? Or maybe, now that I know it's a snapto error, and not a graphical glitch, I can find the answer to it. Yay! Thank you.
Instructor
#71 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 8:47 PM
Astillac - I really wish that you could place rugs with the snapto, but I haven't found a way to that doesn't make them glitchy :/ Some custom rugs don't glitch, though.

Has anyone else's sims NOT gotten "smarter" about finding their way around lots? Mine seem to not be able to walk around objects anymore. My sim was outside and there was a book on the ground near the door (not right in front of it, or even directly beside it) and when I directed her to go inside, she turned to but then the action went out of the que. I tried a couple times but she kept doing the same thing. Finally I told her to put the book away, so she picked it up and went inside without any problems. :confused:

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Forum Resident
#72 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PunkyBreester
Has anyone else's sims NOT gotten "smarter" about finding their way around lots? Mine seem to not be able to walk around objects anymore. My sim was outside and there was a book on the ground near the door (not right in front of it, or even directly beside it) and when I directed her to go inside, she turned to but then the action went out of the que. I tried a couple times but she kept doing the same thing. Finally I told her to put the book away, so she picked it up and went inside without any problems. :confused:

I must agree. I think my sims have become a bit more stupid. They moan and whine at the smallest things in their way now. Before the patch they didn't have a clue where they were going but got there, but with the patch they know which route to take but can't get there because another sim walked through that door a few minutes ago! It's an annoying problem.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 7:20 AM
the patch really screwed up my game....in the neighborhood view, everything is gone...well, not everything. the houses have floors, but thats it. & some are completely black while others have colors/tiles. but the groups of trees & decorations are gone completely. the rocks are also flat. i'm too scared to click on anything to see if the patch actually FIXED anything! anyone else having this problem? or is it just my bad luck coming out?

[EDIT] it's not in any of the pre-made neighborhoods, just the one i play all the time that i made...god, this is beginning to look like i'll have to delete it ;/ i'll be heart broken!
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celti4153
H'mm I'm on slow dial up....64MB patch??? Guess I'll have to suffer the mistakes Maxis made in the first place grr..

Same here, I spent 6 hours yesterday downloading the patch (the line dropped out and i had to start again) I haven't installed it yet so it had better be worth it. The only problem I've had was crying babies and that was only the occasional one;I assumed it was down to personality, not all babies are the same.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 8:20 AM
Arggh!!!! I just read further and now I find out the patch has to be patched!!! I'm happy I didn't install it yet. Why was the patch still up if it was known to be broken 2 days before? I can live with crying babies some are just clingier than others and a little controlled crying won't hurt them. :eviltongu
Page 3 of 5