Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:01 PM
Default What don't you like about the expansion?
I haven't had time to play with it much due to work, but I know there was a number of dislikes with Pets when it came out, so I figure there might be some annoying/bad/left out etc things that people don't like about the expansion.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:04 PM
The fact that a shower can't warm up AND cool down your sim. I know when I work out, I like to take a shower afterwards to cool down. And the fact that the plants have to be constantly pulled of weeds. Also that custom lip color won't work on the plant sims.
#3 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:04 PM
I don't like how loud and scary the thunder is D:
#4 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:08 PM
xxmeghan,I love it! WHen it thundered for the 1st time earlier,I nearly screamed! lol!
It was Dons house,and the Red head Caliente had gone into the hot-tub (bad idea).SHe got shocked as soon as she got in,then she got out, got lighteninged again,and nearly died! haha!
On topic now-I dont like the fact that the Ottomas family are sooooo hideous!
And that my screen goes blue with UseShaders in my userstartup.cheat,so I cant have XrayCursor,or fishies!
Othe than that,theres nothing to hate yet,hehe!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 4oh4error
The fact that a shower can't warm up AND cool down your sim. I know when I work out, I like to take a shower afterwards to cool down. And the fact that the plants have to be constantly pulled of weeds. Also that custom lip color won't work on the plant sims.

I'm waiting until I get paid to buy my copy, but I'm surprised to hear that custom lip color won't work on plant sims. :/ I'm very picky about all my sims appearances, that's too bad.
#6 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:34 PM
I didnt like how the snow on lots in neighbourhoodview looked all yellow (at least in my game). And gardening was really hard. My adult sim fell asleep after work, and the teen had homework, and the next day all the tomatoes where dead just because of it. In real life gardening is so calming, but in Sims everything is stressful as usual... Everything else was fine though...more than fine! This EP is great.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:34 PM
I was frustrated with the lip color on the plantsims, too.

Mostly I don't like that the seasons take so long. I, personally, think that 3 days would have been better. There will probably be a hack for that eventually, though.
Alchemist
#8 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:40 PM
I don't like the fact that you have to tend plants every other minute. No tomatos would need tending 5 times a day in real life, and it's annoying with a few of them and downright exhausting with more. So I doubt I'll ever have more than a few seedlings.

I don't like how hottubs and baths/showers tend to make sims' temperature go through the roof, although that part is weird; it hasn't happened in a while. And I still hope the freaky spontaneous combustion was a bug..

Apart from that though, I'm enjoying it a lot. It's even made college life more eventful and fun.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:57 PM
I have played about 10 hours so far ( i installed yesterday) and i LOVE everything, i love it when it rains , when it snows, i love how cute the penguin is, i love the new interactions, and the graphics are so awesome i'm amazed. I;m sure there is more to see but all this time i was avoiding the Seasons threads because i like to be surprised. I didn;t even know there was a penguin lol One thing that annoyed me so far , is how they dress-up each time they go in and out the house, because well it's annoying see them swirling all the time and the noise also lol
I 'm having so much fun watching the seasons change, it looks so realistic i tend to day dream during storms and lightnings ( i love thunders and i turn sound up during rains lol) .

If a mod however comes out to stop sims for changing clothes each time they enter and exit door i'm gettign it .( i know they need to keep warm etc but there's got to be another way)lol

Off to play :-) ( and the babyboy has just turned into such a cutie toddler ,i'll post pics later lol)

You will find my older and newest creations here
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
I don't like the fact that you have to tend plants every other minute. No tomatos would need tending 5 times a day in real life, and it's annoying with a few of them and downright exhausting with more. So I doubt I'll ever have more than a few seedlings.

Thats odd, I don't have to tend to my plants that much. At the moment I do one water and weed a day and spray when needed.
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 11:16 PM
I love the rain and snow, but I DON'T love that whenever it does rain or snow, my graphics card clogs up and I can't enjoy it
Scholar
#12 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enchantedw0lf
I was frustrated with the lip color on the plantsims, too.

Mostly I don't like that the seasons take so long. I, personally, think that 3 days would have been better. There will probably be a hack for that eventually, though.

ya i wonder if there is a way to fix that with a default? really makes no sense since eyeliner works ..anyone know if maybe face paint would work(to add lip color)? i forgot to try it out..and ya the season are fine if you actually get the weather that should occur but i havent had much of it yet so its last too long then. but i havent played too much yet i got it late last night and didnt have much time to play =[

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#13 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 11:21 PM
God, they're such little quibbles that I have for it...
  • I'd like to be able to shovel walkways down to a "low snow" state.
  • Flies on garbage outside in the snow - it should stink, but without flies.
  • Haven't seen this one but read the Maxoid blog post... Cats don't make tracks, but small dogs do? They're the same size!
  • "It's snowing!" Yes, it's snowed every day for the past three days, at least twice a day. Get over it!
  • The temperature changes seem too drastic - my sims were in outerwear in the snow at the ice skating rink, playing in the snow and occasionally kissing and flirting and they were getting too hot.
  • No outside temperature gauge?
  • The windows in the country set don't come in a single-tile or unshuttered version, and the door is cracked white paint outside and wood inside... but the windows are the opposite.

That's it for now. I'm waiting for spring so I can plant a garden. At this point, I'd say it's my favourite EP. The amount of things that have been added are great, and the country furniture set is so cute I could die.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
[*]"It's snowing!" Yes, it's snowed every day for the past three days, at least twice a day. Get over it!

Ugh, same here! I forgot that gripe...same for the raining. I'm constantly having to cancel in from the queue...it's ridiculous!
Theorist
#15 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 11:35 PM
I haven't played too much yet but there are two things that I don't like:

-The flashing blue accessories glitch from Pets still hasn't been fixed!
-The video quality of the weather channel is absolutely terrible, I always have to watch it from far away. I switched the TV to the Yummy Channel from the base game and the quality is much better! What the heck?
#16 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 11:57 PM
HP: I missed the "shovel" option too. I havnt played a driveway with a car yet.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
The windows in the country set don't come in a single-tile or unshuttered version, and the door is cracked white paint outside and wood inside... but the windows are the opposite.

That's it for now. I'm waiting for spring so I can plant a garden. At this point, I'd say it's my favourite EP. The amount of things that have been added are great, and the country furniture set is so cute I could die.

Oh! I agree! Also, the curtains are two tiles, and there aren't any tables to go with the tiki set, nor a couch to go with the country set.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#18 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by corvidophile2
If a mod however comes out to stop sims for changing clothes each time they enter and exit door i'm gettign it .( i know they need to keep warm etc but there's got to be another way)lol

Already done: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,7517.0.html Edited: this stops that behav. If it's not cold...no coat. Works for vamps and other Sims that can't freeze.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 12:24 AM
The thing I can't stand the most is the "It's Raining!" and "It's Snowing!" My sims will wake at 3am just to go "ooh, pretty rain!" GRR!

Simberry Fields
A "For Sims, By Sims" City
Instructor
#20 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 12:54 AM
I don't like the fact that the snow only has two levels. Deep, or none at all. GRRRR!!! I want the house to be buried in snow!! THAT would be cool. Yea. Other than that, the fact that no living set accompanied the country set is a shame, but some talented creator can fix that... I have no more complaints, I think...
#21 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 12:57 AM
The only thing that i've disliked so far is the fact that my custom content is completely screwed up...I also don't like the unrealistic looking-piles of snow, LOL
#22 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 9:18 AM
I wish a fridge came with the Country Kitchen...:-O
Other than that,and above,nothing to moan about yet
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 10:15 AM
Like everyone else I hate the "It's raining!" actions too, but my biggest disappointment is the outerwear. I kind of thought it would be like an accessory, a coat to go over your regular clothes. I'd also like to be able to add different accessories to different outfits. How to explain?...When you go in to plan your outfit, I'd like to be able to plan accessories to go with it. Does that make sense?

I would have liked sims and pets to react to storms. It would be nice if the more timid ones found the storms scary. Not enough to make them run and hide everytime there's a storm, but maybe if they jumped when they heard the thunder?
#24 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 10:49 AM
As much as I love lots of autumn leaves scattered around (much to the dismay of my neighbour who collects every single leaf at 6am in the morning) in the game it drives me crazy that they have to rake and rake for hours just to get a half decent environment or score from the garden club and get that fab looking wishing well.
#25 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by callum91
On topic now-I dont like the fact that the Ottomas family are sooooo hideous!

This is my least favorite thing about seasons, too! *shudders*
Page 1 of 7