Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 7:17 AM
Are my Sims the only ones making devil snowmen?

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 8:06 AM
No, my sims made devil snowman. But sometimes they made regular ones. Maybe it depends on their mood? Because all the devil snowmen were made when my sims were in a really bad mood. It's hilarious, though.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by callum91
On topic now-I dont like the fact that the Ottomas family are sooooo hideous!

Why does everyone think they're ugly? I think they're all actually quite cute. Obviously, if you like your Sims to look realistic, they're not appropriate. But for those who like ther Sims to look like Sims, they're quite nice-looking!

Anyway, I also dislike the constant "It's raining/snowing!" thing, but other than that I am completely satisfied with the EP. Best so far in terms of gameplay. Brilliant!

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happenin_holly

Anyway, I also dislike the constant "It's raining/snowing!" thing, but other than that I am completely satisfied with the EP. Best so far in terms of gameplay. Brilliant!

That's my only problem with it. I haven't found anything that I really hate. I love this EP, it's definitely my favourite so far, and I'm not sure if they can top it lol

My name is Loren.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 11:47 AM
I very much hate the raining/snowing crap the fact that when babies are born in winter they have no clothes on the fact that the toddlers and babies are still boring and you can't take them anywhere even when it's spring they have no interactions, I thought with this EP at least you'd be able to take them to the park this really erks me for some reason, I'm going to get bored pretty darn fast with this one as with all the others, I know I know....but the kids thing really gets to me :,

smile:D
Alchemist
#56 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 5:01 AM
ok i'm sick of the "It's Snowing!" thing now, too. They even get the action when they're asleep! Probably a glitch.
Quote: Originally posted by angel f
I need 12 sprinklers to water my garden (yes, huge vegetablepatch), but when they turn on it slows my game down to almost a hold. Horrible! I hope someone can make invisible sprinklers or anything...

Mine don't even seem to work. :\
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 5:18 AM
my only problem is I need a new graphics card lol (just ordered one tonight) but yea, gardening takes a bit of work till you get a gold badge, then it is really easy. I havne't seen many storms or lightning would like some more but I haven't played too much. I don't like that I can't delete custom content so far ( I only have recolors loaded) and my pet peeve, you can't make an attic a room anymore. i had a family that was getting big so I just added walls to the attic and made it a bedroom, my sim nearly froze to death. Apparently attics are not heated anymore lol and a fireplace in the room didn't help.

Love yourself for who you are
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#58 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 5:33 AM
Invisible sprinklers: http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/...ad.php?t=222748 So much better for those with low-end graphics cards. Thanks for requesting this Angel F. :-)

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#59 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 5:46 AM
I wish there was something season-y and fun for toddlers to participate in. Like playing in the leaves, or something.
Forum Resident
#60 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyrelle
I wish there was something season-y and fun for toddlers to participate in. Like playing in the leaves, or something.

toddlers can play in the snow...mine do
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by laninseannsmomi
my only problem is I need a new graphics card lol (just ordered one tonight) but yea, gardening takes a bit of work till you get a gold badge, then it is really easy. I havne't seen many storms or lightning would like some more but I haven't played too much. I don't like that I can't delete custom content so far ( I only have recolors loaded) and my pet peeve, you can't make an attic a room anymore. i had a family that was getting big so I just added walls to the attic and made it a bedroom, my sim nearly froze to death. Apparently attics are not heated anymore lol and a fireplace in the room didn't help.

Did you make sure you fixed the roof after adding walls? I don't know if that would be the problem but I have read somewhere that if you forget to add a roof to your house it snows inside and everything. Could be worth checking
Field Researcher
#62 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 10:17 AM
I love the Seasons EP, since it adds a lot of graphical goodies to the game!

However there are some thing which I find annoying:
  • Placing a ceiling object inside a green house will make the shadow fall outside if placed too close to the wall, maybe this isn't a Season specific glitch, but the shadows falls several tiles away!
  • The pile of snow looks great unless you look at it through a full-length window, then you can look directly under the snow, actually it looks like a while blanket hovering above the ground!
  • Allthough I like what they did to the swimmingpools, the shadows on the bottom of it looks weird and have way too tile-based edges, a little more soft transitions would be appreciated!
  • Gardening is way too time-consuming, talking to plants may in some cases take hours and having more than 10 plants makes it almost impossible for 1 sim to take care while having a social & work life!
  • For some strange reason cars must be eternally heated - snow doesn't pile upon them!
  • Floortiles used outside doesn't get covered with snow like terrains does, looks a bit unnatural, I would love to have my sims shovel snow off their pavements, cars getting stuck in the snow etc. :moose:
  • The ponds gets frozen but my sims can't walk on the ice nor can they skate on it! *look at me, I'm Bambi*
  • Spring looks a bit too yellow(like pee), my screen looks like it hasn't been cleaned for a very long time (which I actually haven't) :trix:
  • A shower should be a fantastic body temperature normalizer, but it isn't :confused:
  • Roofs gets covered with snow unless it's a roof of a green house :wtf2:

By now you should know which season I've been playing the most :p

Life's a game, so let's play!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 11:48 AM
Default Seasons
After playing a few days, I would rank this EP alongside NightLife: The Best Bang for your Buck!

Yes, the Rain/Snow glitch with all the Sims running to look out the window - that's about the only real irritation I've encountered.

All in all, It's definately one of the best EP's on the shelf now.
(I am surprised, I was expecting more problems.)
#64 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 1:40 PM
I looooove it! My one complaint is some of the animations are a bit sucky, like the walking in the snow thing, it just looks a little odd, and it follows my sims indoors! Also when the sims are planting, that looks a little crappy too - but dont mind me Im just being pedantic I love it Its almost everything I expected!

Quote:
Floortiles used outside doesn't get covered with snow like terrains does, looks a bit unnatural, I would love to have my sims shovel snow off their pavements, cars getting stuck in the snow etc.

Snow falls on the floor tiles in my game, u can even make angels and snowmen! No shovelling tho

Quote:

Mine don't do that... I must have bought a better version of the game or something! :jk:
Stupid people are stupid
#65 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheDarkOne8703
Are my Sims the only ones making devil snowmen?

I think it's the grouchy sims that make devil snowmen.
Quote: Originally posted by canoodle
Invisible sprinklers: http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/...ad.php?t=222748 So much better for those with low-end graphics cards. Thanks for requesting this Angel F. :-)

And my graphics card isn't even low end...
#66 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 3:19 PM
I hate the simlish songs. It's worse than before and it is so little. I know some people hates simlish and play with the audio off, but i love the simlish songs before this ep.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 3:24 PM
the invisible sprinkler is slghtly odd because i have a low end pc-1.8ghz 1gb ram and it doesnt slow down my game!
Field Researcher
#68 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonesy666gurl
Snow falls on the floor tiles in my game, u can even make angels and snowmen! No shovelling tho

Whaaat??
the only snow I get on floor tiles is the same as on the roads, just a thin blurry white - No piles like on the terrains :confused:
Ok then I'll have something to look forward to in a future patch :moose:

EDIT: floor tiles used inside the lot do get covered with thick snow - My mistake!
However the pavement by the road + driveways only gets covered with the thin blurry snow - I hope they'll change that since it looks a bit strange!

Life's a game, so let's play!
Test Subject
#69 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 5:09 PM
I hate every frickin' time it starts raining or snowing they go Yay! It's_______!
Oh and that springtime looks like someone peed on my screen. XD
#70 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 5:11 PM
I wish there was a "do all homework" option too. Sometimes my young Sims put their notebooks somewhere in the house when I'm not looking and I can't find them.

I also don't like their fascination with weather all the time. It's bearable if it's the first time they see snow, but they don't have to do it all the time.

The weather forecast is a lot worse than in real life. For example, during the summer, "it's very hot and dry right now, but we might see some heavy snow later in the day". Excuse me? 0.0

It's too bad they didn't add more things to do in the pool, Like splashing or other things people do in pools.

And why can't sims skate on frozen ponds?
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fatal_Hilarity
I wish there was a "do all homework" option too. Sometimes my young Sims put their notebooks somewhere in the house when I'm not looking and I can't find them.

I also don't like their fascination with weather all the time. It's bearable if it's the first time they see snow, but they don't have to do it all the time.

The weather forecast is a lot worse than in real life. For example, during the summer, "it's very hot and dry right now, but we might see some heavy snow later in the day". Excuse me? 0.0

It's too bad they didn't add more things to do in the pool, Like splashing or other things people do in pools.

And why can't sims skate on frozen ponds?

I read somewhere (a thread on here i think) that it can actually snow in the summer.
Test Subject
#72 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 6:39 PM
I tend to agree with alot of posters that the gardening can be a pain everytime you turn around you need to pull weeds which forced me to decrease on the garden size also I like the feature that you can talk to your plants and trees but it takes so long to talk to each one to get them in a great mood it is very time consuming.
#73 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 2:01 PM
Quote:
However the pavement by the road + driveways only gets covered with the thin blurry snow - I hope they'll change that since it looks a bit strange!

I dont think this is strange, I mean, in real life, what happens to snow on pavements and roads? It goes all slushy and yuck - Also while I was playing last night I thought about the thick snow on roads and having to shovel it all up for cars to come through - If they'd included this in the game there'd be legions of simmers on this thread saying "Gargh! I hate having to shovel snow from my driveway, defrost my car windshield etc.." You people looove to complain :yech: Ha ha :jk:

Oh and one more thing, with gardens *like with real life* it's best to start off small.
Test Subject
#74 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonesy666gurl
I dont think this is strange, I mean, in real life, what happens to snow on pavements and roads? It goes all slushy and yuck - Also while I was playing last night I thought about the thick snow on roads and having to shovel it all up for cars to come through - If they'd included this in the game there'd be legions of simmers on this thread saying "Gargh! I hate having to shovel snow from my driveway, defrost my car windshield etc.." You people looove to complain :yech: Ha ha :jk:

Oh and one more thing, with gardens *like with real life* it's best to start off small.

Heh, snow on the roads and sidewalks only goes slushy and yuck if you live somewhere ... warmer than where I live :P

But for those who don't like the snow on the road... just think of it as the invisible plow having visited
#75 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 3:28 PM
jonesy666gurl - if by floor tiles you mean inside the house, it means you have no roof! been there, had thaT lol
Page 3 of 7