Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:23 PM
Default Fun with Plant People
I just had my first normal sim turn into a plant person, and it's fun.

He was spraying a buggy plant, and then a cloud of spray enveloped him, and I thought, "Oh, crap, he's poisoned himself with the pesticide." But no. After the game froze for quite awhile (must be a complicated transition for the poor guys :-)), he turned into a plant sim.

Plant sims have three needs: Sunlight, Water, and Love. No more toilets, comfy sofas or TV! One of his options when taking care of plants now is "talk to plant." And he hunkers down beside a plant and has a conversation. He seems to talk about normal sim topics, but ones that are especially relevant to plants: weather, environment, and animals. I had him talk to a sickly plant, and he made it healthy again, just by talking to it. AND talking to plants raises his own "love" score. Cool!

When his water need got low, I tried having him drink some water, but that only raised it a little bit. But taking a shower -- bam! Full up! :-)

Well, this happened five minutes ago, so I don't have a lot of details yet, but I thought it was fun and wanted to encourage people to try it at least once.

Happy simming!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:25 PM
Sounds so cool!:D
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:28 PM
lol theres a love need? how is that suppose to work? at the middle of the night you are drained of love so you wake up your spouse just so you can hug him! XD
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:32 PM
Cool, now I know how to get a Plant Sim, I've been wondering how to do that.
I've only checked out the Plant family in the new Neighbourhood.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cornicapus
lol theres a love need? how is that suppose to work? at the middle of the night you are drained of love so you wake up your spouse just so you can hug him! XD

hehe!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cornicapus

You can raise your love need by talking to plants. So even if you live alone, you can keep yourself all loved up by communing with your garden. :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:55 PM
I played the Greenman family, and Rose's water was in high need,so her n hubby played Wateballoon war,her water went up...I tink....Well swimming definately does
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:03 PM
i spent my first time on the game trying to get a plant man and it was quite easy. But his sunlight went right down in the middle of the night and now he's collapsed on his driveway. I remember reading in the chat about a sun lamp. where exactly is that because I can't seem to find it. Also is there a way to turn him back to a regular man?
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:06 PM
I had this happen as well. I had a regular sim who was very into gardening and after 1 and half seasons of hardcore gardening, she turned into a PlantSim. She, too, was spraying a tree when it happened and there was a long wait for the actually transition.

I didn't play a lot after she changed, but enough to discover the advanced gardening abilities that come with a PlantSim. I also noticed that the rest of the game is somewhat boring when your only needs are sun, water, and love....

coolh5000: yes, you can ask a member of the gardening club for an antidote to PlantSim-ism...or whatever it's called
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolh5000
I remember reading in the chat about a sun lamp. where exactly is that because I can't seem to find it.

It's hard to find, because they put the lamp in BUILD mode. If you go to the gardening section, it'll be with all of the other garden stuff.

#11 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 12:06 AM
Selar turned into a plant sim in mine haha not on purpose though oh it's so funny to see them produce a child :D
Instructor
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 12:41 AM
Oh I don't know EmeraldEyes, I think it depends on the type of sim you are playing. After I had my Knowledge PlantSim spawn a child I made that child a Romance once he turned into an adult. He has the "Have 20 Simeotaneous Lovers" want and I think have a good chance of fufilling that lifetime want for the first time. Since he barely has any needs to take care of...and with one of them being love which he will be getting plenty of...he will have all the time in the world to amass lovers. LOL!

Oh I also think I know which face template is used for the other "parent" in plant babies...unless it is different for every baby. It is the template with the pointed ears. And while I love the ears, I've never been too fond of the rest of the face since it looks Vulcan (which I think is the point) and I like my pointy-ears sims to be elves, not aliens. Well when mixed with my own sim's genes I think my sim's son turned out quite good-looking as an adult. Here he is:

I really love the PlantSims, but then I love all of the sim alternate lifeforms...I rarely have any just plain human sims in my game! LOL! It's all in how you like to play! :D

Dream
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 12:58 AM
I have a question on Plant People, if you have a werewolf-plant sim, when he/she turns into a werewolf at night being a normal sim the energy goes up and hunger goes down but Plant Sims only have Sunlight, Water and Love, so what goes down and what goes up for a werewolf plant sim at night?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by era506
I have a question on Plant People, if you have a werewolf-plant sim, when he/she turns into a werewolf at night being a normal sim the energy goes up and hunger goes down but Plant Sims only have Sunlight, Water and Love, so what goes down and what goes up for a werewolf plant sim at night?

The game is so new, I'm not sure that anybody knows the answer to that yet. Try it out, and let us know what happens!

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
The game is so new, I'm not sure that anybody knows the answer to that yet. Try it out, and let us know what happens!

I don't have the game yet! Until next week I'll try...
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 1:34 AM
OMG seriously this thread has made me want to try to get an all plant family, im in the process of making them now, I have a feeling its going to be fun.

Visit my site http://geocities.com/fairy_goddess922/

I love Plumbob!!!
Instructor
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 1:50 AM
ferrischick, I LOVE my all plant family! They are so awesome. I love the way they look and I love taking care of them just like a plant. It's winter in my neighborhood right now, but as soon as it is spring I'm planting a HUGE garden for them to care of. And though I think their point in the game is to be gardeners for normal sims, I like them for themselves.

Dream
Field Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 1:58 AM
I adore my new plant sim April as much as she adores her garden! It's so much easier to garden, and finally, her entire garden is Thriving, not Sickly!

Simberry Fields
A "For Sims, By Sims" City
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 2:08 AM
You can also get "talk to plant" if your sim gets a gold gardening badge. I'm in the process of getting my Sim to be a Zombie, Werewolf, Vampire and Plant, all at the same time. xD
Field Researcher
#20 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 2:13 AM
Oh mine did it too and it also freezed my game for a while, despite my computers high specifications
Inventor
#21 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ericka
You can also get "talk to plant" if your sim gets a gold gardening badge. I'm in the process of getting my Sim to be a Zombie, Werewolf, Vampire and Plant, all at the same time. xD

Cool! I can see problems with that though. Such as, vampire's hate sunlight and plant people require it...
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PennyTheCorgi
Cool! I can see problems with that though. Such as, vampire's hate sunlight and plant people require it...

That's exactly why I want to do it. :dumbfunny
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PennyTheCorgi

Well yea, but didn't Maxis say in the chat that Vampires can use the sun lamps with no problem??
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SJane3384
Well yea, but didn't Maxis say in the chat that Vampires can use the sun lamps with no problem??

Good point. But that would be awesome, for my sim to never get sad at night, be able to train pets faster, garden better and never die!
Instructor
#25 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 3:06 PM
I still love my plant family. Now I have a Knowledge grandfather, Romance father, and Family daughter. They have like the most awesome garden in town! I'm going to have the daughter get married to the cute downtownie in the red shirt and glasses. I'm going have her spawn a plant baby and have a human baby with her husband. I LOVE her face too. They are all so pretty. :valentine

Now I'm off post a bunch of plant sim pictures in the picture forum! :D

Dream

Oh and I found out something the PlantSims can do autonomously. They pick a flower from their head I think (I missed the first part because I wasn't paying any attention.) and then they do the "She loves me, She loves me not" nursery rhyme, except it is "Plants love me, Plants love me not"! LOL! Sorry for the darkness of the picture, but he did it at night.

Page 1 of 4