Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 4:29 PM
Leandra Moore just turned out a Planty... Or Greenie xD whatever I should call them
She shook her head and tadaaa there was little Flora...
Looks like a Pollination baby (ugly as *beep*)... but so cute xD
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:50 PM
OMG!! Chalk this one up to something you probably all didn't want to know! PlantSims get their water need boosted a little bit by french kissing and making out! LOL!!
#28 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:58 PM
Aw! Plant people seem really cool!
I cant wait to get seasons!
#29 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 12:46 AM
While talking to plants, the plants get happier, and if you talk to them enough they will be thriving, and its good for your produce.
#30 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 2:56 AM
Click on the sim and there should be an option for spawning plantbaby.

There is also another nice little thing about plant sims. Not too hard for same sex couples to have babies around.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Reyn
Click on the sim and there should be an option for spawning plantbaby.

There is also another nice little thing about plant sims. Not too hard for same sex couples to have babies around.

True, though the plant baby is only related to the parent that spawned it; the other half of the couple doesn't show up as family!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
#32 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
OMG!! Chalk this one up to something you probably all didn't want to know! PlantSims get their water need boosted a little bit by french kissing and making out! LOL!!

Yup, DEFINETELY something I didn't need to know.
Instructor
#33 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 4:09 AM
Well I really didn't want to know either, but I happened to look down at his needs at just the wrong moment! LOL! And of course since I am the curious type I had him kiss his date a few different times and different ways to make sure I wasn't imagining things. And I wasn't. Thank God that woohoo doesn't do the same thing! That would have been WAY too much! LOL!

Dream
#34 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 7:57 AM
I have a little question... Can you change a Plant Sim's everyday wear? Or do they always wear that green dress thingy...? I know it's probably a stupid question, lol. But I've only seen pics of them with (what looks like) formal and swimwear.. and the others all wore the green dress... I don't have Plant Sims, yet, so I'm just wondering...
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:14 AM
They can definitely change clothes. I changed the clothes on Rose Greenman tonight. Here's a picture, although you can only see the top of her dress.

Also, I posted this in another thread, but plant sims can also get their water needs boosted by eating flowers (toddlers, anyway) and by toddlers throwing up on adults. Gross, I know.
Test Subject
#36 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 5:49 PM
They make babies too easily. It makes me want to abuse it:
Instructor
#37 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 6:22 PM
Plus the babies are WAY easy to take care of. Yes, definitely an abusable interaction. :D
Instructor
#38 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 7:51 PM
PlantSims can breed with humans as well. Though I haven't done that yet I'm almost positive that the baby would be fully human, just like the children of vampires and werewolves are since the game treats all of these conditions as diseases and are not inhertiable. You have to use the spawn plantbaby interaction to get more PlantSims.

Dream
Test Subject
#39 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:02 PM
Are the genetics different if one PlantSim spawned a bunch of children? If they all look the same, that would get confusing...
Instructor
#40 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:10 PM
I had one sim become a PlantSim and spawn a child and then when that sim grew up I had him spawn a child. From what I can tell the "other parent" gives the same genetics every time, but I have only done it a couple of times so I could very well be wrong about that. I just know that the PlantSim that was spawned and then spawned himself had a daughter that looked like a gender-switched clone of him. I recently made a new PlantSim (since I wanted to make one without any cheats at all...I used a money cheat the first time so I could have a lot of plants on the lot to spray) and I am going to have him make more plant babies and see how they turn out.

Dream
#41 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:14 PM
someone better make sub plant people i just cant stand the genetics that get poured in with your beautiful sims! :P
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
PlantSims can breed with humans as well. Though I haven't done that yet I'm almost positive that the baby would be fully human, just like the children of vampires and werewolves are since the game treats all of these conditions as diseases and are not inhertiable. You have to use the spawn plantbaby interaction to get more PlantSims.

Actually, I read in the Maxis chat transcript that the Plantsim condition is inheritable.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#43 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 12:38 AM
I just thought I'd mention a cheat to create Plantsims easily. Go into debug mode and right click a plant, 'infest with bugs' then have the sim spray it, and repeat this until the cloud comes up and the sim is transformed. I blame my impatience for this discovery.
Instructor
#44 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 1:30 AM
Ooooo! Good discovery, Hakura! :D

I didn't know that, SilentPsycho. Thanks for the heads up.

Dream
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SwiftSign
someone better make sub plant people i just cant stand the genetics that get poured in with your beautiful sims! :P
actually, there's a potion called Plantophic-N that you can buy from the gypsy, it makes the sim a plant sim without changing the way your sim looks.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 9:20 AM
So is it true that, if I play them right, they dont even need a house? cause that'd rock, having them live 'in the wild'
Instructor
#47 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 1:55 PM
I'd say that they at least need a greenhouse because they have to have a sunlamp to survive. When I made my plantsim witout any cheats, he didn't have enough money to buy a sunlamp (they're 2000 simoleons) and I wanted to see if he could survive the whole night without one. Well around 5 am he was almost dead, so I had to sell all of his orchard trees so he could buy one. So they definitely need someplace to hang a sunlamp, though I think greenhouse would be great. And they also need either a shower, tub, or pool for their water need. Beyond that they don't need anything as long as they have garden plants to talk to, though a cell phone is nice to keep in touch with human friends.

Yeah I wonder about keeping mine in a regular house. Everything except for the bathtub and sunlamp goes to waste. They don't use any of it. Of course I suppose it would be polite to have a toliet and a way to prepare food for when normal sims visit.

Dream
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#48 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 3:21 PM
Re: genetics. If a plant Sim breeds with a normal Sim, do the elf ears pass down? I know that the child won't have the skin, I was wondering about the ears..and the eyebrows. Anyone try this yet?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Instructor
#49 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hakura
I just thought I'd mention a cheat to create Plantsims easily. Go into debug mode and right click a plant, 'infest with bugs' then have the sim spray it, and repeat this until the cloud comes up and the sim is transformed. I blame my impatience for this discovery.

Great information- Thanks! Trying for a plant sim myself. One question though- how do you "go into debug mode?" Never done that before.
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissTech
Great information- Thanks! Trying for a plant sim myself. One question though- how do you "go into debug mode?" Never done that before.

The cheat code is boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true all you need to do is hold shift and click on the tyree then infest with bugs and keep repeating it
Page 2 of 4