Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#51 Old 1st May 2007 at 5:14 AM
Deletion without unlinking the memories can cause even more problems. That's what Robovski was referring to. You have to 'kill' them by using the lot debugger to prep them for deletion with SimPE. Deleting them from the bin, or in game, just shreds the charector files...which is a whole 'nother set of neighborhood imploding problems....probably worse than killing them with a rain of fire.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 1st May 2007 at 10:10 PM
I aborted the twins she was preggers with, and repregnanted her with a new set. I killed off the granny, the father, and the oldest son. I gave the mother and daughter makeovers, and haven't played since. Mwahah.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
#53 Old 7th May 2007 at 4:11 PM
I quite like them. I gave them all a makeover and played them for a while, and it didn't mess my game up at all. o_o
#54 Old 7th May 2007 at 4:39 PM
I recently started all my neighborhoods afresh, moved the Ottomas onto a lot, aborted Samantha's pregnancy with Insim, moved them back to the family bin and deleted them. I hadn't played any other families before doing that, so no one in my neighborhoods should have any memories about them.

But now I'm not sure if that was smart or not. Are my neighborhoods screwed up now that I deleted them? Should I have done something with SimPE? I'm confused.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#55 Old 7th May 2007 at 8:05 PM
It still shreds their charector files, but you probably didn't do too much harm, provided the neighborhood was never played.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
#56 Old 7th May 2007 at 8:57 PM
Okay, thanks.
I was afraid I had totally messed things up.
#57 Old 8th May 2007 at 1:28 PM
Samantha Ottomas hahaha, how do you say this, the last time I play this family, I made grandma ottomas move out. this time (after re-installing) the game i started from scratched and made Old Man O'mackey ask Samantha to move in with one of her kids and hahahaha

then the pop up says: Samantha is moving in with $1 added to the family fund!

hahahaha 1 simeleon!
Scholar
#58 Old 8th May 2007 at 7:35 PM
question ...what if you just kille dthem in gaem like locking them in a room for example would that basically do the trick? just curious since ill just be fixing the preganacy if i ever plan on playing them anyways so no big deal

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#59 Old 8th May 2007 at 9:28 PM
Better to kill them than to delete them. The game understands death. It's deletion that it has a hard time with.

Test Subject
#60 Old 11th May 2007 at 12:10 PM
I was doing the asylum challenge and my (female) Sim kept bringing the pregnant Ottomas wife home from work with her. Since the pickins are slim in a mental asylum, I decided that those two ladies should get together, and I would be doing Mrs. Ottomas a favor by saving her from that disgusting greasy husband of hers. It all went pretty well according to plan, although I already completed the challenge part and never got around to having my Sim ask her to move in or anything. Now that I've read this, I am going to make it my new goal to find out what kind of babies they end up with!
#61 Old 25th May 2007 at 6:58 PM
I gave them all makeovers after moving them into a large house in Veronaville.

Granny Dora and the toddler(Tommy) in one medium room, David in his own room, Sharla in her own room, and Peter + Samantha shared a large room with the twin babies(yes, she had twin boys).
After Tommy aged to a child, I had him share a room with David.
Dora died, Peter + Samantha moved into her room, and the twins(toddlers now) kept the large room.

Here is how Dora died:

She gets out of bed during the middle of the night while everyone is sleeping.
Walks across the house to David and Tommy's room.
Tucks Tommy into bed.

Looks over and David and stares at him for a few minutes.

Then walks over to the pinball machine that is in the same room.
Starts playing loudly and wakes up both boys.

Then once they are awake, she stops playing and dies.

Sharla gets out of bed and runs to the boys' room and waves at Dora while the boys are crying.

A random werewolf on the lot is saddened by the whole event.

Gotta love Maxis families.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 7:47 AM
if i delete the ottomas' even without playing them, will that still mess up my game? am i going to have to put them in a house and kill them off?
Theorist
#63 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 9:16 AM
yeah, it'll still mess up your game, the best way is just to ignore them. Don't play them, don't kill them, don't delete them and your neighborhood is safe
#64 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 10:23 AM
What exactly does playing this family do to your game? and is it just that neighborhood it messes with or all neighborhoods?
#65 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 10:30 AM
As far as I know the Ottomas are in every single freaking neighborhood, so unless you abort Samantha's pregnancy in each neighborhood there will be problems. I don't know exactly what kind of problems, but there's some info on it here.
#66 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 10:35 AM
I recently deleted all the maxis created neighborhoods and restored them to their original state, and I haven't played them, probably never will, but I have a custom neighborhood that I automatically deleted every family in the sim bin without checking to see who they were, I did this before there were any of my own sims(no NPC's/townies/downtownies either) in the neighborhood, am I safe or am I still screwed?
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 4:39 PM
i was going to delete them until one of my kids brought sharla home from school, despite the fact that they're still binned.
#68 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 2:55 PM
In mine i got twins a boy and a girl.
#69 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 8:47 PM
I have played them, But they get kind of boring to me. I can never stick to one family. I'm going to start a family in sims and that will be my main family!
#70 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lazyviolet
i was going to delete them until one of my kids brought sharla home from school, despite the fact that they're still binned.

I hate how they still show up on the school bus or carpool even though they're still in the sim bin. It shouldn't even be possible! What's the point if you can't call them or invite them over?
#71 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMSmomOF3
boy is that grandma ugly! lol

The whole family is. :howdy:
Scholar
#72 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 10:53 AM
I bought Seasons much much later than the rest of you people, the latest patch was already out. So I installed the clean game, patched it and played the Ottomas. I must say the Family Tree is correct for me, Peter and Samantha are listed as parents of those ugly twins. So I guess the family isn't borked for me. I placed them in Veronaville, in one of those double houses. They are so poor LOL It's hard to play so many Sims on one lot but so far I manage. The twins are two unbelievably ugly girls, I will try to make good captures later. I named them Pavlina and Paulinna, the first not that pretty names I came up with once they were born. I don't plan on marrying the kids off, I just want them all to age and die while I observe them from above, mwahahaha!!
But I did delete the Ottomas from Family Bin in Strangetown, I was sure it was safe since I never played them in that Neighbourhood. I played the Strangetown for few days and haven't noticed any glitches so far.

I need to learn how to take screen shots :/ I failed to zoom in on kids' faces, the camera just wouldn't get any closer. Here's one of ugly girls:

(seems I'm not allowed to post URLs yet ....)

I neglected the twins and they got taken away by a social worker. Amazingly they took away Tommy too, all his bars were at the fullest and he had a platinum aspiration all the time.

The very same Sim day the Granny died and left a neat inheritance
#73 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 6:03 PM
I actually didn't play them, but I settled this family in an empty house in Strangetown, so they could come in every local house as guests. But after some days I couldn't find this family anymore. (I really do not know the case of this misterious loss :D
Alchemist
#74 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 6:08 PM
I Only played them to test to see if they could have cute kids... Peter ottomas gave birth to one of my fave sims Dora.
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 6:23 PM
ahhh dora<3 lol,

I hav'nt playeed this family, i thought they're bio thing was boring so i never played. :P

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Page 3 of 4