Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 6:03 PM
This function allow a "teacher" Sim to teach one competence who is maximised (or high, I'm not sure) to a child or another Sim. Point after point, it's useful.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Is there any significance to the maze of concrete pathways surrounding the Curious brothers' home?

Other than making it rather challenging to create a fishing pond, I don't think so. I had to remove a bunch of floor tiles and play around for fifteen minutes before I got a fishable pond - lol.

Blessings,
Jadzia
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
as woohoo is not autonomous.

Is there a hack that makes woohoo autonomous? I have InSim, so I know it's not that. I've heard a bit about ACR, but don't know much about it. If it does make woohoo auto, I might have to get it for drama purposes.

I know making out can be autonomous. *snort* My legacy founder was on a community lot that I was visiting with another character and was feeling up Malcolm Landgraab in the garden. I was shocked, as she's a family sim with three bolts for her husband and 100/100 relationship score. That's what got me thinking about auto woohoo. It would add drama to my legacy were she to get preggers without my knowledge. LOL

Blessings,
Jadzia
#54 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 6:34 PM
That's absolutely what ACR does Jadzia. Works a little too well for my tastes, but if that's what you're looking for it'll probably work out.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 7:04 PM
I dont know if i have posted some random questions lately so here are mine.

1. I have been having problems ever since i started playing sims on how to make a porch (with pillars) and i seen everyone else's and they are soo good but mine everytime i do that, i can't put the roof on because it says that it can't handle the weight. Is there anything i can do, i have read the manual but i am still confused.

2. Cameraman mode always gives me trouble,i would TAB then i would find the picture i wanted, take the picture and then when i would exit out, it would be a pain in the butt to get back to the angle i had before i used it. Any suggestions?

3. Final question, on paintings, i do alot of self portaits and customs and they are good but then when they are completed they are kind of fuzzy, i have my graphics set correctly but i dont understand why they are always coming out fuzzy.

I bet these have already been answered but please help a girl out...thanks!
Scholar
#56 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cchagdes

2. Cameraman mode always gives me trouble,i would TAB then i would find the picture i wanted, take the picture and then when i would exit out, it would be a pain in the butt to get back to the angle i had before i used it. Any suggestions?

If you have a scroll wheel on your mouse, if you hold it down and kinda move your mouse about, you can angle the ingame camera back to normal.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 7:36 PM
Yeah i got one, thanks for the info. i will look into that.

anyone else know about the other questions i asked? mainly the pillars?
Mad Poster
#58 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 7:41 PM
For the porch you need to first build a floor roof before you can make a normal slanted roof. Also, it's easier to build a room around it first, then the roof, and you can delete the walls afterwards and replace them with pillars and fences.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 7:46 PM
thank you so much! its been giving me hell since i started how to do that.
#60 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 9:33 PM
And for the camera mode. I new tip I found when trying to get a certain picture. Assign the angle a shortcut by pressing CTRL+ any number 4-9 . Then move the camera around a bit, and press the number you assigned it and it should go back to exactly where it was. It will even keep the shortcuts when you leave the lot and come back.

This helps in filming as well!!
Site Helper
#61 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 1:53 PM
Paintings come out slightly fuzzy because they are painted. (At least I assume that is the cause.) Smooth edges also make paintings worse, even before the point where the whole game gets blurry.

For a custom painting I use my graphics program (Photobie) to over-sharpen it before saving to the paintings folder. For in-game paintings I take a picture of them on the wall, then use my graphics program to cut them out and make an over-sharpened custom painting of them. (One reason I am very happy with that new feature.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
Paintings come out slightly fuzzy because they are painted. (At least I assume that is the cause.) Smooth edges also make paintings worse, even before the point where the whole game gets blurry.

For a custom painting I use my graphics program (Photobie) to over-sharpen it before saving to the paintings folder. For in-game paintings I take a picture of them on the wall, then use my graphics program to cut them out and make an over-sharpened custom painting of them. (One reason I am very happy with that new feature.)

hmm, that's interesting. i will look into that, thanks for the info. sorry for being a pest about all of my questions.

oh and whoever said about holding the scroll button on the mouse..THANK YOU..because it worked..phew..alot easier on me now.

Anyhoo, thanks everyone!
Site Helper
#63 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 2:57 PM
You aren't a pest. That is what this thread is for. Anybody who is bothered by a ton of random questions shouldn't be reading this thread anyway.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
#64 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by musiquefille
And for the camera mode. I new tip I found when trying to get a certain picture. Assign the angle a shortcut by pressing CTRL+ any number 4-9 . Then move the camera around a bit, and press the number you assigned it and it should go back to exactly where it was. It will even keep the shortcuts when you leave the lot and come back.

This helps in filming as well!!

You can assign a shortcut to an angle? That's fabulous! I didn't know that Thanks a lot. Gonna try that in a few
Alchemist
#65 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 4:41 PM
Okay, I want to know what to do after you back up your files. I already did that, I do it quite often, and I save the Sims 2 folder to the desktop like Wiki says to. I'm about to uninstall FreeTime and if doing that deletes all my stuff in game, how do I use the folder on the desktop that I backed everything up into... to put the stuff back in my game when I'm done uninstalling...? Does that make any sense...? lol
Theorist
#66 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 4:55 PM
Copy the folder back to where it belongs (the my documents folder)
Alchemist
#67 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 4:57 PM
Really, is that it? Hmm...
I'll try that when I uninstall.

If anyone else knows, please let me know. I really don't feel like downloading all that stuff again.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 5:02 PM
afinefrenzy -
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...e_Help:Back_Ups
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...tall_Expansions
... if you're uninstalling an EP you're going to lose all your neighborhoods (and all the lots and sims in them) and there's no way around that besides maybe exporting the sims' appearances using SimPE. New EPs change the way the game works fundamentally and you can't use files from an EP without that EP. Yes, you can copy the folder back where it belongs but you then need to delete the Neighborhoods folder... I would also delete LotCatalog as well (as you may have incompatible lots and clicking on them in the lot bin will cause your game to crash without Freetime), and if you had any downloaded objects that need FreeTime, you need to delete those from your downloads too or your game may not load.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Alchemist
#69 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 5:09 PM
Alright, thanks for the help, HP. :D
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 12:02 AM
Oh! I have one. Pick me! Pick me!

If I copy my 'characters' folder from one neighborhood to another (completely empty) neighborhood, will it cause my game to malfunction?
Field Researcher
#71 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tumnu5
I tried asking this in the University section a while ago and was unable to get an answer.

Do you absolutely have to attach a University subhood for your sims to go to college? Could you, in theory, rezone a residential or community lot from your base hood into a dorm and send young adults there?

I just really hate having a whole new neighborhood for a college. D:

This was asked a few days ago, but I missed it. You can absolutely have a working college in your main hood without a single subhood. I am doing it so I know.

Ani is right, you need two hacks by Squinge, College Interactions on Any Lot and Teen to Young Adult. HERE.

I talk about it at my site here:

http://www.isleofthyme.net/backtalk...eship-arts.html

http://www.isleofthyme.net/backtalk...s-and-cons.html

And give a tour here:

http://www.isleofthyme.net/lore-and...enticeship.html

http://www.isleofthyme.net/lore-and...ticeship-1.html

Anyway, it is waaayyyy better than a Maxian college in my opinion.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 4:44 PM
Chessa - It doesn't work like that. You need to do it this way: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...elp:Moving_Sims

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#73 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 5:22 PM
Is there any possible way to empty the fridge, without having your sim pull out all the food? I read somewhere that simply recolouring the fridge makes it empty, but that doesn't happen.
Also, this is really random - you know when you start the game and you get the EA splash screen? What does the girl voice say?
Field Researcher
#74 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 5:29 PM
Does the cheat maxNumberOfVisitingSims effect the number of townies/downtownies that show up on community lots or does it just effect the number of people you can invite to parties and outings?

I thought I'd read somewhere once that it did, but I have the number set to 15 in userstartup.cheat (I find that the game is always way too conservative about how many Sims your system can handle) and, while I can invite that many Sims to parties and outings, it seems like no more than 8-10 townies/downtownies at a time ever show up on community lots.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Chessa - It doesn't work like that. You need to do it this way: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...elp:Moving_Sims

Thanks HP. I understand that. I wanted to move all of the sims in my neighborhood, including NPCs. Basically, I created a custom 'hood and started building and playing on it, but now I think it may be way too big and so I wanted to move all of the characters in the neighborhood to a new smaller neighborhood without having to rebuild all of their relationships with every other playable sim and NPC.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Continued on new thread.
Page 3 of 35