Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 5:34 AM
In one of my lots, I placed two CC chairs with the 45 degree angle cheat, and my sims will get a book from the bookshelf and sit in either chair to read the book. In another lot, I placed two maxis chairs in the same configuration, and my sims try to sit in them, freak out, wave their arms, and sit on the couch instead. Can anyone tell me why this works on one lot and not another? Is it because the ones that work are CC meshes, or is there something I haven't noticed about how I placed them in the room? I tried moving everything around the chairs, and the sims still can't sit in them. Help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 1:03 PM
psivampyr, the game will tell you where it has saved the files when it is done. They usually go into a "Saved Lots" folder. To reinstall them you should just have to double click the files but you may have to use the Clean Installer instead. I have to. If I just double click the Sims2pack file then it tells me I don't have required expansion packs installed even though I do as the lots came from my own game!
You can package lots with Sims in them but they loose all relationship ties with anyone outsite the lot.

gwennero, I have a similar problem in my game. I have one lot where my Sim cannot sit in a chair to read a book if it is directly next to the bookcase. This is with a normal in-game chair set at the regular 90 degrees. Sims on other lots have no problems with the same setup though.

As for my own question; Is it possible to dress toddlers in their undies anymore? I know in the base game and for a few expansion packs afterwards you could choose to change them into their undies at a changing table but that option doesn't seem to exist anymore, at least not in my game. I think it went missing when I installed Pets and I now own all Expansion packs and some stuff packs and its never made a reappearance. I know you can still choose undies for toddlers created in CAS and buy them at shops but it seems pointless if they never wear them.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 1:09 PM
psivampyr - Reinstall them -without- sims in them - you can use Clean Installer for that and uncheck everything but the lot package (first file) and it'll work fine. You can package lots with sims in them as Menaceman44 says above, but you -don't- want to install a lot with sims in it unless it's been cleaned up properly or you'll start your new neighborhood off with some bad bloating which can cause issues ranging from minor to Very Bad. I think the folder they go in is My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Packaged Lots, as a sims2pack, with the name of the lot as the filename.

gwennero - Some chairs work, and some don't. Stuff working at 45 degrees is notoriously unreliable... as you've seen, even certain items of the same type don't both work as you'd predict. It's annoying, but you sort of have to take the "okay I'll try it and see what happens" tactic when it comes to that rather than expecting anything at all to work.

Menaceman44 - It should still work... You can also change clothes on dressers as well as changing tables... make sure you're using Maxis ones as custom ones can sometimes have different/weird options.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 1:22 PM
Well I've only been using base game changing tables so far. I'll have to give the dressers a try.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#30 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 3:31 PM
I didn't know any of that- glad I asked then or I'd prolly have a blow up in game. I tried unpackaging a house the other day I dl'ed and it wanted to put it in "teleport" folder, whats that all about?
Field Researcher
#31 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 7:51 PM
requesting CC
(feel free to move me if I'm in the wrong thread)
I downloaded a shirt from MTS2, and it only has 2 problems. There is no teen version, and it only came in one color. I looked on the creator's profile, but it didn't say anything about "I take requests / don't bug me with special requests" Would it be rude or presumptuous of me to send a private message saying "I love the shirt you made, it is awesome! If it is not too much trouble, and you have the time, could you please make me a teen conversion, and maybe a recolor with more blue? Thanks so much!"
#32 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 8:13 PM
Here's a stupid question... I've searched all over but can't seem to find it =/

My male sim brought home a friend from work. The female sim, who happened to be his wife was able to attack her without even knowing her. The next day, she came by again and rang the bell, was let in. My female sim had the option of buying her off or attacking her. I had her attack, and there was a chat box (dunno what it's called) that said "I can see you're not a sim to be trifled with, I'll leave you alone"

So, what happened? At first I thought it was a social worker but my only child is a teenager (and I played the sim in question and her job was in the science career). Was she just being a threat to my female sim?
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 8:34 PM
Thanks, HP. I think I tried 45 degrees cheat with chairs a long time ago, it didn't work, and I stopped using it. Then I was bored decorating, re-discovered the cheat, and was surprised to see that the sims were able to sit in the chairs I had placed, so I figured it always worked. Guess not!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 8:55 PM
Can I delete hair/clothing/items from in the game without fear of accidently deleting the mesh? For example I have dozens of the same hair style (and certain clothes) but some of the recolors are horrible and I'd never use them. I want to clean up my downloads a bit but am terrified of deleting a mesh and screwing everything up...
Field Researcher
#35 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 9:48 PM
As far as I know, only object meshes are linked to recolors. I deleted dozens of hair recolors and never had a problem with the mesh after it.

I have a question, too. What is actually this Sports Party about. (I dunno if it's called the same in the English version)
The option came with the Uni EP, and for me it seems like exactly the same as a normal party.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 10:19 PM
if you put the sports channel up all the people go watch sports and start rooting. kind of like guys would do in a bar.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Onah
As far as I know, only object meshes are linked to recolors. I deleted dozens of hair recolors and never had a problem with the mesh after it.
Does it make a difference that I don't know which hair is actually the mesh file? Or is the mesh impossible to delete from In Game?
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 5:57 AM
Okay -- is there another way to build houses than to use the in - game build thing? Or is there a better way to remodel houses in game? I am having a hell of a time getting the results I want in house building, and am about to give up and just dl premade houses.
#39 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 6:04 AM
ive never tried it but can sims get a divorce? lol...stupid, i know
Field Researcher
#40 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omgitsashley
ive never tried it but can sims get a divorce? lol...stupid, i know
Yes, if they have a bad relationship the "Break up" option will show up. (I had lag a few days ago and clicked on that instead of another option - oops!)
#41 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 7:04 AM
lol wow does she take her original last name?
Forum Resident
#42 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 7:31 AM
ok heres a stupid question for you guys... how do you make servos? i read it somewhere but i just cant think right now.. hmmm maybe i hsould go to bed, ha ha.
Instructor
#43 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 8:17 AM
You have to buy the robot craft table, and have a sim with a high enough badge (probably gold) to make a servo. It takes a LONG time to make one... But you can also download buyable ones from MTS2. That way you can just buy it from buy mode instead of waiting for your sim as he/she takes his sweet time.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Field Researcher
#44 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 9:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by leenetje:
if you put the sports channel up all the people go watch sports and start rooting. kind of like guys would do in a bar.

ahhh, that makes sense. Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally posted by Selene1212:
Does it make a difference that I don't know which hair is actually the mesh file? Or is the mesh impossible to delete from In Game?

I'd say yes. When you take a look in your downloads folder, you'll see that the mesh file and recolor file are always seperate. And if they're not connected, you can't delete them together.

Quote:
Originally posted by omgitsashley:
lol wow does she take her original last name?

She doesn't. You have to get married again or change the name with SimPE.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Onah
I'd say yes. When you take a look in your downloads folder, you'll see that the mesh file and recolor file are always seperate. And if they're not connected, you can't delete them together.
Thanks Onah.
#46 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 4:06 PM
I forgot how to make my sims pass out on the floor. xp
Anyone got a answer for my lossed brain?
Field Researcher
#47 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 4:34 PM
New question, only a bit more advanced. I'll need a response from those skilled in the boolProp command...

My poor lonely Aden Herrik lived alone so I figured his lot would be the best for my first experiment with the boolProp cheat enabled. So I activated the cheat, messed around with a few of the "spawns" and then spawned a teenaged girl. Then I turned her into a vampire... Well, seeing as he was an adult and she a teen they became BFF's but couldn't fall in love, so I set her to her birthday and then at 6pm clicked "grow up". She grew up and they woohoo'ed and she got pregnant. After messing with a few more things and turning Aden into a vamp I got an error pop up which said something to the effect "romance string not found" with 'reset' 'delete' and one other option. I chose delete and Michelle disappeared from the lot.

Frightened now, I promptly deleted all the 'spawned' items and went to the neighborhood screen to shut off the cheat command. Then I didn't touch that lot for a few days. Last night I got up the nerve and went back in. Michelle had respawned BUT the UI shows her as a teen/public school student once more. Only she's still in an adult body and still pregnant.... I'm afraid to mess with that cheat again, do you think she'll be fine to leave as is or have I borked my whole neighborhood?
Scholar
#48 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mai
this sounds like a pretty stupid question, but where are the aprons (from kitchen & bath SP) located?
i took my Sims out to buy one, but there didn't seem to be any for men in Everyday, though they were in that same category for women. am i looking in the wrong place, or did something go wrong during installation?

i've noticed that something's always going wrong when i add a new EP or SP.

I don't think that there are any aprons for men in kitchen and bath stuff; just for women and children.

Oh, and JanePstar, they'll pass out if their energy bar gets too low.
Forum Resident
#49 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 6:15 PM
you arent supposed to hit delete alot of people cjoose reset or cancel... I choose reset and nothing ever happens it goes back to normalish, ha ha. and its not your whole neighborhood its just that lot. at least i hope so.
Quote: Originally posted by Selene1212
New question, only a bit more advanced. I'll need a response from those skilled in the boolProp command...

My poor lonely Aden Herrik lived alone so I figured his lot would be the best for my first experiment with the boolProp cheat enabled. So I activated the cheat, messed around with a few of the "spawns" and then spawned a teenaged girl. Then I turned her into a vampire... Well, seeing as he was an adult and she a teen they became BFF's but couldn't fall in love, so I set her to her birthday and then at 6pm clicked "grow up". She grew up and they woohoo'ed and she got pregnant. After messing with a few more things and turning Aden into a vamp I got an error pop up which said something to the effect "romance string not found" with 'reset' 'delete' and one other option. I chose delete and Michelle disappeared from the lot.

Frightened now, I promptly deleted all the 'spawned' items and went to the neighborhood screen to shut off the cheat command. Then I didn't touch that lot for a few days. Last night I got up the nerve and went back in. Michelle had respawned BUT the UI shows her as a teen/public school student once more. Only she's still in an adult body and still pregnant.... I'm afraid to mess with that cheat again, do you think she'll be fine to leave as is or have I borked my whole neighborhood?
Forum Resident
#50 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 6:20 PM
thank you i was wondering why my sim was taking FOREVER to make one or even get to the process so she can.
Quote: Originally posted by PunkyBreester
You have to buy the robot craft table, and have a sim with a high enough badge (probably gold) to make a servo. It takes a LONG time to make one... But you can also download buyable ones from MTS2. That way you can just buy it from buy mode instead of waiting for your sim as he/she takes his sweet time.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 2 of 1000