Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 7:32 AM
WHOA! Great story! You got them to childhood. Two big thumbs up for you! Can;t wait to see the next update :D
Advertisement
retired moderator
#27 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 7:37 AM
Ooh Im gonna try this... eventually. Or I might try it soon but just take a while to update every so often. This is very interesting tho - thanks for sharing!

bP

EDIT: Please follow along with my Baby Raising challenge here!

Formerly known as boolPropped
Test Subject
#28 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 12:07 PM
I had another quetsion, is it cheating to use the baby rug that the toddlers can go to sleep on by themselves?
#29 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 1:45 PM
Wow! BoolPropped! They look awesome! Can you tell me where you got the hair from the toddlers?
#30 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fi5404
I had another quetsion, is it cheating to use the baby rug that the toddlers can go to sleep on by themselves?

Well, actually it is. Because putting them to bed is taking mom and the nannies time......Now they don't have to care for them. The todds can go to sleep and get out whenever they wish.... But, if you're only playing this for fun, I understand why someone would choose the blankets! If you are doing this to earn the points, it's cheating.
Alchemist
#31 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 1:54 PM
LOL well in that case I guess I'm out of the points challenge. I used the blankets. Although if I think about it, using smart milk for example gives them a rather larger advantage than the blankets which were often occupied and the kids were constantly awakened by their siblings' cries, then could actually wander off only to cause more confusion and mess. It's okay though, it's been quite a challenge so far anyway.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
retired moderator
#32 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mariella
Wow! BoolPropped! They look awesome! Can you tell me where you got the hair from the toddlers?

All the toddler hair was from MTS2 (Drew, Jason, Kyle, Rpger and Steven) and TSR (Peter's side swept hair). Frank's hair is Maxis.

Thanks for reading everyone

bP

Formerly known as boolPropped
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 9:00 PM
Woah! Craziness! I have a want to try this. I am going to create my own sim and stuff, I just don't want to register. That's ok, for the challenge?

At my age, any thing I say is an old saying! - Lini
#34 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
LOL well in that case I guess I'm out of the points challenge. I used the blankets. Although if I think about it, using smart milk for example gives them a rather larger advantage than the blankets which were often occupied and the kids were constantly awakened by their siblings' cries, then could actually wander off only to cause more confusion and mess. It's okay though, it's been quite a challenge so far anyway.

But the smart milk is an ingame object
#35 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brendabond
Woah! Craziness! I have a want to try this. I am going to create my own sim and stuff, I just don't want to register. That's ok, for the challenge?

Sure! Just too bad my members can't read how you're doing Good luck on the challenge! :D
Alchemist
#36 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mariella
But the smart milk is an ingame object

That wasn't my point, I was only mentioning which gives the greatest advantage in my opinion. But I'm not arguing the rule or anything, it *was* easier than having cribs but I didn't want more than 2 nannies hired and in return I didnt use any aspiration rewards so I accept the penalty lol. I did this for fun anyway, and I'm happy how things turned out for the family.

Well the story goes on...the kiddies are taught to study! One by one she taught them, managed 6 in one evening and only Raphael had to go to school without his homework done, but he did get his turn the following day. There were 3 accidents because of it (Calliope, Raphael and Guinevere passing out when returning from school) but I managed to avoid it the second day. And, they got A+'s! It was funny seeing them one by one, rushing to their mother's room to cheer about it.

Some of them are friends with eachother, but not all. They're all best friends with Hannelore, though.

Playtime:

Homework time - I had to re-arrange the homeworks all in one hallway, and they looked more like a kindergarten :P

I swear, his personality matches the appearance I gave him so well! Vladimir, the family geek - he's always stargazing, cleaning things in the house, shying away from social contact and reading...

Going to school takes a while lol. One time the last kid nearly missed the bus:

Well we're having money problems, and I had to sell some stuff. I hope to have enough till they're teens so that she can safely get a job. I also started a few paintings to gain some money, which is what Hannelore does while they're at school:

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
#37 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 9:49 PM
Can snap dragons be used?
#38 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 10:29 PM
It's an ingame item, so yes.
#39 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
Well the story goes on...the kiddies are taught to study! One by one she taught them, managed 6 in one evening and only Raphael had to go to school without his homework done, but he did get his turn the following day. There were 3 accidents because of it (Calliope, Raphael and Guinevere passing out when returning from school) but I managed to avoid it the second day. And, they got A+'s! It was funny seeing them one by one, rushing to their mother's room to cheer about it.

Some of them are friends with eachother, but not all. They're all best friends with Hannelore, though.

Great update! I'm glad you're having so much fun with it :D
#40 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 2:07 PM
hhhmm interesting i might do this tonight if i have time (not all in one night i don't think my poor pc could manage that) but first i need some decent outfits for the todlers and children
#41 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 2:17 PM
Ehee, I might ttry this with a cas sim, and a set of quads and triplettes, Just for fun, Maybe, just maybe ;P
Test Subject
#42 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 2:19 PM
Servos are an ingame object..we can use them, too?
:D

I'm gonna try this out!

How much money do they start out with?
Do we build a house?

EDIT:
Okay, here's mine:

Mercedes Angelino

Mercedes was pregnant four times, once with triplets, once with twins, and two single pregnancies. (Different fathers, and all in the same day, so the kids are the same age)

Here's a list of the kids and their fathers

Sons
Elijah - Criss Angel (My sim)
Ghen - Criss Angel (My sim)
Zachary - Criss Angel (My sim)
Quinn - Grim Reaper

Daughters
Nicole - Pollination Tech #35
Raelie - Pollination Tech #35
Alexandra - Alon Livingston

The Angelino kids are now toddlers.

The baby time was really easy for me, I set them all up in cribs and put Snapdragons all around them. The babies laid there the whole time, and Mercedes slept and painted, with a Snapdragon next to her at all times.

(Zachary *far left*, Alexandra *on top*, Elijah, Ghen *on top*, Nicole *middle*, Raelie *bottom*, & Quinn *far right*)

I'll get pictures of them as toddlers.
EDIT: Toddler Pix!

Nicole & Raelie

Elijah

Ghen

Zachary

Quinn

Alexandra

This is fun!

Autism Awareness, dudes.
1 in 166.
Autism- know the facts.elija
#43 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 11:33 PM
How the heck do you get such cute babies from the Pollination Tec.?
Inventor
#44 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 11:38 PM
Ok, I have afew questions before I start. 1) Am I allowed to use "motherlode" to make a nice sized house before I start? 2) Can I use my own family or do I have to download dana and her boys? 3) If I can use my own family can I use cheats to make the mother frineds with a guy so I can invite him over so I can make her prego?
#45 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jojokid
Servos are an ingame object..we can use them, too?

How much money do they start out with?
Do we build a house?

You could download the house and family at TSSF. But, I can see you made your own family. Servo's are ingame, so yes. My family started with 150.000, 100.000 for the house, so they have 50.000 left.

I love the pictures! :D
#46 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PennyTheCorgi
Ok, I have afew questions before I start. 1) Am I allowed to use "motherlode" to make a nice sized house before I start? 2) Can I use my own family or do I have to download dana and her boys? 3) If I can use my own family can I use cheats to make the mother frineds with a guy so I can invite him over so I can make her prego?

You can do all of the above, allthough having a boyfriend will give her benifits to aspiration points.
Test Subject
#47 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 1:44 PM
Can we use motherlode the whole time?
Or just to make a house?
Do we get extra points for maximizing a skill? (for example, All creativity=40 Points)
If the kids are friends with each other, does that count?
Everytime they get an A+ do you get another 25 points? Or just the first day?

I didn't know we could use it to make a house, so Mercedes and all of the kids are living in one room, with a toilet, refrigerator, and beds...lol..
Thank you for clarifying, and for the comment on the pix!

Autism Awareness, dudes.
1 in 166.
Autism- know the facts.elija
#48 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 2:14 PM
Oh, im so bored, so Im gonna have a go at this, hehe, her first guy neighbour might have a shock! *Laughs eviliy*
#49 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jojokid
Can we use motherlode the whole time?
Or just to make a house?
Do we get extra points for maximizing a skill? (for example, All creativity=40 Points)
If the kids are friends with each other, does that count?
Everytime they get an A+ do you get another 25 points? Or just the first day?

I didn't know we could use it to make a house, so Mercedes and all of the kids are living in one room, with a toilet, refrigerator, and beds...lol..
Thank you for clarifying, and for the comment on the pix!

No, you can not use it all the time You can have 50.000 cash
#50 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasmin
Oh, im so bored, so Im gonna have a go at this, hehe, her first guy neighbour might have a shock! *Laughs eviliy*

lol Good luck!
Page 2 of 5