Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 3:38 PM
Well.. I've spend whole night and half a day playing my orphans and I must say I have never been so addicted to any family before Will post some pics later (probably tomorrow).. Althought I am very bad at keeping score.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 4:42 PM
TrillianRikku - The tombstone of life and death doesn't care about number of family members. It will continue to spawn indefinitely, probably because each member gets their own last name and thus is not technically a member of the family. The babies though do get the same last name as your original family. Anyway, you don't need a cheat to play them outside the original cheat for the tombstone and extra money.

Broo - That is great to hear, I think. I am glad you had such fun playing them. I know the sims are addictive enough without an added addiction to play 20 of them at once.
Test Subject
#53 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 4:51 PM
TrillianRikku: Ciane is right, you can spawn as many people as you want...go crazy! Unfortunatly you can't design their features yourself but you can always change their clothes, hair, and makeup.

I'm glad so many of you are enjoying this! I'm gonna post pics later today.
Scholar
#54 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 8:29 PM
Default Welcome to the First Circle of Hell
The first day was the only good day for my orphanage. They are so going to hell in a handbasket at the moment. I'm surprised the social worker hasn't shown up yet . . . as you'll see in my pics, they live in a green haze and half the babies wreak at any given moment. Arrrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

Tuesday:

The only part of the day that went well was all the kids went to school. As you can see in the inset, only around half the kids got around to doing their homework. Those would be the ones who got a little fun into their systems.
All my peeps run amuk with one or more needs in the red at all times -- usually the environment one for everybody. Just can't clean the house up fast enough. I think there's only three Sims who don't have the flu at the moment.
And then, to top it all off, look at what these teens are doing to those poor little babies --

And you get a sneak peak of the disaster area they call home. Fahrquar is supposed to be cleaning the completely green fogged out toilet but he keeps taking off. Can you blame him?

Fahrquar didn't start his new job until Thursday so there was no money to hire the exterminator. He called shortly after getting home his first night of work. He's a stand-up comedian. Yeah, you'd have to be one to live in this zoo.

Wednesday came with three kids skipping out of school. The child sized one did nothing but complain about wanting to have fun. I was going to make her wash dishes to teach her the value of a good education but I got sick of listening to her whine.
I've come to the conclusion that no matter how many times I send these Sims to the bathroom, they can't remember it's whereabouts. They even stand hunched over with their knees together in front of the bathroom door. Duh. How dumb can they get?

But Wednesday did have it's perks. May I introduced the toddler-ized trips?

Miss Gothika B'Havur Fahrquarson who came in green.

Miss Disturbia B'Havur Fahrquarson who came in more yellow than green.

Miss Erratika B'Havur Fahrquarson who came in more yellow than orange.

Here's one where Erratika floated up and then never changed. Isn't that wierd? She just floated up off the floor with no one to help her grow up and then she didn't grow up until about midnight.

These three girls look amazingly just like Fahrquar. I think he might have been lying about that disfiguring scar from the boar hunting accident in an attempt to dissuade Ree from producing more little Fahrquar miniatures.
Remember that puddle Conrad made? Well, Joe thought it would be a great place to play since the loo usually has someone parked on it and he can't play there.

Ree is just out of camera range mopping this mess up as fast as Joe spreads it.

I have more pics for Thursday's excitement but I've hit my limit for this post.

Week 1 pics can be found at: http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/...lenge/Week%201/

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Test Subject
#55 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 11:48 PM
I promised pictures...here they are...

my two adults are sisters who were orphans when they were younger

and as you can see they've been digging for treasrue...it really adds up...i have enough now to extend the toddlers b-room when the babies grow up :D

Forum Resident
#56 Old 9th Dec 2008 at 3:00 AM
FrenchFlutie10 - It looks like your bathrooms can handle the whole lot of them!
I wouldn't like to be the sim in the last bed in the corner bedroom having to weave back and forth to get to bed. Do they have to wait a lot for other sims getting up to get out the bedroom door?

Deatheralla - Great pictures!
Scholar
#57 Old 9th Dec 2008 at 7:47 AM
Default Hail to Dimebag Darrell RIP
I informed my Sims in the orphanage that we were going to have a turnabout real quick. As usual, only half of them listened to me. Took me a few "days" but I got them all happy-ed up for one day. That's progress.

At long last, Fahrquar goes to work to get some coinage. First thing he was supposed to do when he got home was pay the 2-day old yellowing bills, but he found something funner to do. Coming up real quick here ---

THE TODDLERS TURN CHILD. YAYYYYYY!!!!!!

Joe Shaw is the first to leap into childishness.

After dinner, Daisy Lee takes jumps into childishness.

Poor little Yoosung was dead tired, the teens kept putting him in and out of bed. They don't listen to me -- so much like real teens. So, around ten p.m. when Fahrquar is coming home from work, Mehrissa has once again yanked Yoosun grom the crib and he's ready to take the plunge. . . .

And here he comes:

I'm sure Ree would've been happy to give him a hug, but here's how he found her when he ran into the other room to show her how big he was:

Think that's bad? Here's what Fahrquar really looked like as he was happy and hugging Yoosung:

Poor Fahrquar and Ree. Looks like they bit off a little more than they can chew. They'd both been up since around two a.m. the morning before seeing to six toddlers.

On the plus side, nobody piddled on the floor. Nathen made a friend, unfortunately said friend has no phone so I have to find a way to get him one. His friend, Gavin Newson, is from the neighborhood bin.

Pretty Parting Shot:

Ree and Disturbia

You can see close-ups of the three original toddlers turning child at this link:
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/...201/4-Thursday/

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Test Subject
#58 Old 9th Dec 2008 at 8:04 PM
Awsome pics, nice to see them growing up.

ANd Ciane, you think it would be a problem, but i haven't run into any trouble yet. maybe because half of the boys take showers at night and half in the morning
#59 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 9:21 PM
I think I might give this a shot. I probably won't score, but I'll post pictures! For some reason I want to make an all-girls orphanage. Is that all right? :3
Scholar
#60 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deatherella

And then, to top it all off, look at what these teens are doing to those poor little babies --

I love this picture. The baby being peed on with the sim X-ed out thought bubble. Hilarious.

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Test Subject
#61 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 10:59 PM
elekanahmen

Hmmm, that would be ok...but to keep the same difficulty level as the others...you must keep children's bedrooms seperate from teens (same with public bathrooms). Just like the boys would have had to be seperate from the girls. And the babies and such can fit where ever you would like.

Have fun!
Scholar
#62 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 3:10 AM
After I get done re-arranging my album mess on photobucket, I'll have more pics. Every time I manage to get a little ahead for points, some dumb Sim has to piddle on the floor in front of a toilet. Arrrrgggghhhhh.

I can't wait to see more pics from you all.
I'll show you my house as soon as I get done re-arranging it. It's so fun to consult your original blueprints and discover you messed it up so I am picking my way at fixing my house and having the whole top floor covered -- that's what started this adventure. Some kids went to bed and got snow on their heads. So, it's slow since I have to work with the couple hundred coins I had in my wallet and whatever comes and goes with tearing down walls and putting them back up. I might even get around to plastering my house with tons of that free or $1 walls I have yet, you never know. The only crappy shingle siding I have is $7 so it'll be awhile before anything besides the first floor front of the house gets done. Can't afford Maxis' shingle siding. I'm trying to keep my house in my storyline -- where they bought a cheap dump cuz it was big and they could afford it. Looks like they can't afford it.
I was putting everyone to bed on Sunday night when I quit last night, now I'm wondering what I should spawn on Monday and where I'll put said spawn.
I almost had one of the toddlers platinum before she childed. An hour or so before six, she went green. But, one of them was still gold at childing. Yay for me. And her.

Catch ya all later. Enjoy your orphans!

Forum Resident
#63 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 5:28 AM
Always fun to see updates. I've had too much excitement at my house to play these guys. We had a water leak that messed up carpet. We have a huge living room wall unit that I had to take everything out of and off of. Then we had to move ALL the furniture out of the living room - and it's a huge living room. We finally got the carpet all dried and replaced the padding. Today the guy came and stretched the carpet back into place. The furniture is in the dining room, kitchen, entertainment room, and den. WOW! Tomorrow I will clean the carpet well (as it's empty) and we'll get furniture back in there on Friday. Right now my ferrets are running around my bedroom as they can't play in their room! What havoc they create! They are having a ball. Anyway, it'll be next week before I can conceivably get back to the orphanage.
Scholar
#64 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 12:53 AM
Default Triplets, Treasure, and Trial by Error
I went to play again last night and discovered it never saved the other night so I had to redo all my home improvements. Yuck. Can't figure out where I spent more money the second try -- only had 23s left this time and before I had most of the structure fixed and some new cheap 15s dining tables. Oh well. At least I had saved my game before rebuilding or it'd be a real mess.

Here's some highlights of the end of week 1.

Ree teaches Disturbia B'Havur to walk.

While the tod's are napping, Ree goes and makes a new friend. She walked out the door and instantly fell in love with a walk-by. All the chicks in Pleasantville like Raven (especially the maids).

About half the kids came home with A+'s. Now, the challenge is keeping their grades up til they turn teen on Monday.

Nathen Towner's second attempt at digging for treasure is an even bigger bust than his previous tries.

Saturday finally came and I thought, thank the gods, no more fighting these freaks to get them to do homework and housecleaning. I let my orphans run amuk eating and playing until they all were halfway good in all their needs and then put the whole batch of them to work on their skills until they were all whining in their bubbles and dipping red again. They got Sunday off to hang out and/or play with one another.

Erratika B'Havur finished learning to walk after a nap. Mehrissa Suwankiri helped her complete the task. Only one tod left that can't walk, yet. Walking will be the only skill any of them learn. They turn on Sunday so there's no time and no potty chair to finish off the other baby skills.

Fahrquar came home with a promotion. Starting Sunday, he's a Birthday Party Mascot. Think he'll get something better to wear than the tacky sweatshirt?

Sunday noonish, Nathen Towner helped Gothika B'Havur finish up her walking skills. Now, if they can all stay platinum and gold til 6 p.m. Yeah, right.

Ciane, I feel for you. We had the holding tank burst in the basement a couple years ago. No carpeting, but we live in an old schoolhouse, so you can imagine the size of the basement we had to mop up. I feel your pain.

Waiting to hear how the rest of you are doing. I hope I'm not the only one in the challenge with a houseload of whiners and wimps.

Forum Resident
#65 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 1:11 AM
Thanks Deatherella. I love the new pics.
I was hoping to have a house again soon, but hubby gets to work three 12-hour shifts over the weekend starting tomorrow. (Today he had two shifts.) I can't move the stuff by myself very well, so I'll be living in mayhem over the weekend and trying to get things back to normal next week.
Test Subject
#66 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 1:31 AM
Ciane...sorry to hear about your house troubles

Deatherella...nice pics...i love you massive group of skill building signs my teens/children spend most of the time trying to get their fun up to do h/w...once the toddlers grow up it will be easier for me hopefully...b/c the teens help out so much with them...since i now have 6! AHHH

Happy simming!!!
#67 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 2:35 PM
This is an amazing challenge! I've just finished creating all of the children and the orphanage building (which was very difficult with only 27,000!)

Here are my "founders" Yolanda Welsh, and her daughter Analise:

(the 3 infants aren't shown in this pic)

My points so far
+20 Toddler learns to speak
-----------
Total: 60 Points

I taught the toddlers as much as I could right away while their motives were still up
Test Subject
#68 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 8:35 PM
Yay

Nice to see another player with us. Great family, can't wait to see more pics :D
#69 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 9:08 PM
Those pictures were probably the only time everyone was calm, right after that the house was filled with dirty diapers, bottles, dirty plates, and books It took me nearly 3-5 sim hours just to get all the kids and toddlers in bed!
Scholar
#70 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 9:16 PM
Default Hang'n at the Household
As I said before, I let the peeps slough off on Sunday since they did such a good job of skilling their brains out Saturday for me. Sunday, they hung out, played catch, cops and robbers, did the dishes without being told and actually had a group meal. Yes, the orphans were not required to get dressed if they didn't want to. Since no one but ghosts could see them anyway, they even played outside in jammies under their jackets.

I am a clown. I hate my life.

After dinner, it was time for the trips to go from terrible toddlers to cheesey children:

Gothika B'Havur is first to take the leap of faith. Directly followed by Disturbia B'Havur - - -

Ooooh. I love you now.
As usual in my orphanage, I have one toddler dead tired and just wants to sleep. So I kept telling them idiot teens to put her back in the crib but they didn't listen so well, so Erratika was dead on her feet by the time Fahrquar came home from work. But he had a hug and some encouragement for her.

She decided she could stay up long enough to take her leap into childishness.
And then promptly fell back asleep.

But "Daddy" loves her so all's good.

I don't have my score tally handy so I guess that'll have to wait since there's more pics than I can post at one time.

Glad to see you come aboard the good ship lollypop, novemberlove. I'm jealous -- it looks like you spawned some alien children in your family foto. My house was a sty almost all the time at first. I don't know how I managed to keep all of them happy and fed so the social worker didn't show up. Amazing. I was so happy when the weekend came so I could let them do whatever they wanted for awhile and get out of the red for a bit.

I love this challenge.

Forgot a question -- do you guys spawn nothing but same sex babies? I used Fahrquar to spawn babies and got girls for all of them. If I use Ree will they be boys or is it just random?
Also, I have a question for you frenchflutie. When the six teens turn adult all on the same day, do I have to oust at least four of them right off the bat or can they stay for two days and then leave (even if that makes me over 4 adults for them days), or if I send the four that need ousting off to college, does turning to young adult with or without good grades, gold or platinum count the same pointwise if I let them turn adult before giving them the boot? Just want to score it up right. The time is coming for them to go in the near future. Thanks be to the gods.

#71 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 11:07 PM
Default Welsh Family Orphanage: Day 1

Today was Analise's first day of work...and she was immediately fired due to bad luck with a chance card. The Orphanage really needed the money too, there was only $6 in the household funds!

Luckily, I made the teens find jobs. The money helped, even though they were exhausted afterwards.

The only thing I have to raise their fun level is this little painting! It doesn't seem to be helping much, though -_-

Fortunately, some of the children are very neat, and help out with much of the cleaning!

Points so far
-10 Adult gets fired
----
Total: 50 Points
Forum Resident
#72 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 11:31 PM
I love all the pictures.

Deatherella - I used the male adult to spawn six and the female adult to spawn six. Then I can't remember who spawned the last group. But I messed up and had four toddlers and two babies cause I made both sexes of toddlers each try. So, I got a girl and a boy baby since they both spawned one. You might be right though that guys only spawn girl babies and gals only spawn boy babies.

I can't wait to play my orphanage again next week. I will be so far behind all of you though. I can't believe your teens are almost grown up.
Instructor
#73 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 12:33 AM
WAH!!! I can't play this challage as it Slows down the Game play
#74 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciane
You might be right though that guys only spawn girl babies and gals only spawn boy babies.

She's right. Babies get their genetics from the sim who spawns them as if he/she were both baby's mom and dad so they are always the oppsite sex to that sim. Like Brandy Broke's kid. So if you want good looking babies make the best looking sims to spawn them for you.
#75 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 2:25 AM
That's interesting, both of my adult sims are female, and when I spawned the babies they were all girls.
Page 3 of 19