Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 7:56 AM
I'll try that. I didn't even think of doing that. *Bangs Head*
Advertisement
#52 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 11:44 AM
Does the expensive stuff have to be Maxis? I have a custom shower I downloaded that looks exactly like the Uni shower that's in the house already but has other... ahem... functions (I got it at sexysims2.com) & costs 2,500 simoleans, 300 more than the most expensive Maxis one.

And since they can't get married, does that mean they can't have pets either? My sim REALLY wants to get a pet.
Site Helper
#53 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 1:35 PM
I think the problem with marriage is having another sim who can help with money. I don't think a pet would fall into that category if you don't get your pet a job unless Sims 2 pets are more useful than sims1 pets are. Dogs would bring in the paper, chase the raccoon away, and water the plants. However, dog droppings were very hard to see. Cats would chase mice and other pests, but the (virtually invisible) dead mice would get left all over everywhere. You couldn't direct anybody to clean up after them without playing "hunt the hot pixel". If Sims2 pets are just as bad, they would be adding to the challenge.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#54 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 10:04 AM
Yeah, it WOULD just make it more challenging as long as the pet didn't get a job, wouldn't it. I'm still wondering if the CC shower is okay.
#55 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 1:12 PM
Ummm... since I've yet to receive a response about the CC shower, I'm going to go ahead & use it for now, but if I'm later told it's not okay, I'll sell it & replace it with a Maxis shower.
#56 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 6:20 AM
Okay... it seems like I'm the only one posting in this thread, but oh well... I intended to basically make a story of my sim in this challenge & started on it, but I forgot when I had to reinstall, that I needed to back up the pictures I'd already taken as well as the sim & the lot. Oopsie. I think I'm just doing the challenge for my own benefit, but I'm upset to have lost the account of her 13th day on the lot, which seems to have lived up to the notorious reputation of the number 13 - worst day a sim ever had in my game, without dying as well.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 9:25 AM
This would be nice to try, but - the link doesn't work :meh:
#58 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 12:34 PM
I CAN'T WITHSTAND THE LOT.
Wow, I gave up already.
Scholar
#59 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 2:40 AM
Default Messy Lot location
The Messy Lot is now located here

I'm going to give this a go

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
Mad Poster
#60 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 7:40 AM
Thank you
Mad Poster
#61 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 11:20 AM
I really liked the idea of this challenge, but the house is a) very uggly, b) not messy at al :/
#62 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 10:36 PM
I am going to try and make my own Messie Mess Lot, but does anyone know where I could get buyable weeds?
Site Helper
#63 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 4:41 PM
No, but you can get a lot of them by setting up a few floor tiles outside and then putting up a sprinkler. Let a sim use the sprinkler to prank and it will spray water all over the area. Wait a while and the wet grass will grow weeds. Continue until you have enough of them, then delete the sprinklers and floor tiles. (You may need to put a wall up around the lot and delete it after the sprinklers go off. They won't go on terrain, but I don't remember if it is because they "Must be inside" or "Must be placed on a floor tile." I think it's the floor tile, though.)
Or you could let a sloppy sim use a "strut your stuff" shower attached to a single wall and find out just how big their puddles can get. Then move the weed making sim off the lot and move your neat freak in.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#64 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 2:02 PM
Is it just me, or is the download for the lot not working?
#65 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ghibli-love
Is it just me, or is the download for the lot not working?

I was just able to download it and install the lot with no problems
#66 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Engelke2006
I was just able to download it and install the lot with no problems

I can't expand the zip file for some reason it tells me the archive is damaged.

Edit:
Got it to work!
Test Subject
#67 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 12:36 AM
I played this challenge and I have to say that expect for how much time it took, this was a fairly easy challenge, even though it was only my second one. As a tip, I'd recommend a house that has a lot more dirty dishes piled around, and maybe a cat or dog to care for, which is messy and uses the restroom indoors/not in the kitty litter box if possible. Anyways, I may post pictures later. I didn't cheat at all!

Visit my Myspace at http://www.myspace.com/monicav1982
PG-13 (with language) site, just to be warned. :)
"Procrastinate Later"
"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you "
"Bungee jumping--suicide for the unsure!"
Alchemist
#68 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 12:54 AM
Does anyone know what EPs the lot requires? It wants something I haven't got. I'm missing Pets and BV, and the lot won't install.

I'm thinking of building my own, maybe for basegame only. But I'm lazy - isn't there a mod somewhere that will break/make dirty every item on a lot? I thought I had seen one. Or do I have to let some grot live in the house until it's yucky enough?
#69 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 1:41 AM
I agree with Monicasim, the lot really wasnt that much of a challenge. I would liked to have more weeds and overgrown shrubs. The shower and toilet should have been broken and there should have been a few fire made piles of ash! instead of the wallpaper on all the walls and floor tiles on all the floor parts, there should have been some parts uncovered, sims hate that! Anyway, I had to use the elixir a couple of times as I didnt want to finish the challenge with an elder! It was fun trying to find the most expensive tiles, walls and furniture. I even bought the most expensive Car and driveway! Thanks for the challenge.
Alchemist
#70 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 4:15 AM
I've made a no-EP lot for this challenge. It's up on MTS2 if anyone wants it. I don 't know if it is messier than the original house. but I hope so.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=268417
#71 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 7:36 AM
Good one aelflaed,that house is awesome, I cant wait to inflict it upon an unsuspecting Neat freak sim!! I think a few pets amd a toddler or two may just make it a really suspenseful challenge! Thanks for the link.
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#72 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 1:38 PM
aelflaed, I just saw your house, and I think it is awesome :D

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Forum Resident
#73 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 3:21 AM
aelflaed, I've been playing your house and it rules! My first Sim in there died from the flu before the house was completely clean, but the next one in has completely transformed it. It's gorgeous now!
Scholar
#74 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 4:30 AM
I'm defiately going to be doing this! I can't wait to play it and post my stories about it.

The First Time I saw him....I knew he was the one.
Currently:A Model.
Alchemist
#75 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 7:32 AM
Hey, everyone! Glad to see my messy house is keeping you busy. Thanks for the friendly remarks.
Page 3 of 6