Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 1:51 PM
Default The Sims 3 Website is open!!! (march 19, 2008)
http://thesims3.ea.com/

talk about it here!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 1:52 PM
I cannot see anything. It just comes up and "error message". Maybe because they are working on it right now.
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 1:53 PM
website is having some connection problems:

coming soon 2009!

What if you had to live your whole life in one location … and then one day, suddenly, you could step outside and go anywhere in the whole neighborhood?

The Sims 3 gives you the freedom to create unique Sims and immerse them in your own living neighborhood of endless possibility!

New Seamless, Living Neighborhood—Your Sims explore the living neighborhood freely.

New Create A Sim—Create any Sim you can imagine.

New Realistic Personalities—Every Sim is now a truly unique person, with a distinct personality.

New Unlimited Customization—Everyone can customize everything.

etc
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 1:54 PM
what's new?

What’s New?March 18, 2008
Check out the chairs in the Create A Home area to get an idea of the new levels of customization!
:: Check out the chairs in the Create A Home area to get an idea of the new levels of customization!

March 19, 2008
Mouse over the Sims in the Create A Sim section to see some of their unique personality traits!
:: Learn More

-----------

i'm just copy and pasting parts of the website, it looks nice. there is also a signup for updates
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 1:57 PM
okay, when you get to the page you get to choose which region you are in.

the next page is a navigation page with different sections (like the sims2 page).

at the top there are links (not working) to several pages: about; screenshots; create-a-sim; create-a-home; and sign-up!

below that on the left there is a large icon / image.

on the right (still below that top border of links) are the previously posted: "coming soon 2009", "what's new?", and "vip signup" areas.
Instructor
#6 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 1:58 PM
Is the site down right now b/c I can't seem to access it...
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 1:58 PM
the ABOUT section / page is now working:
http://thesims3.ea.com/about.php

"More about the game"

The Sims 3 lets you immerse truly unique Sims in an open, living neighborhood just outside their door! The freedom of The Sims 3 will inspire you with endless possibilities and amuse you with unexpected moments of surprise and mischief.

New Seamless, Open Neighborhood—Explore the neighborhood freely.
Your Sims can roam throughout their neighborhood, visit neighbors’ homes, and explore the surroundings. They can stroll downtown to hang out with friends, meet someone new at the park, or run into colleagues on the street. If your Sims are in the right place at the right time, who knows what might happen?!

New Create A Sim—Create any Sim you can imagine.
New easy-to-use design tools allow for unlimited customization to make truly individual Sims. Determine your Sims’ shape and size, from thin to full-figured to muscular—and everything in between! Choose your Sims’ facial features, their exact skin tone, hair, eye shape and color and select their clothing and accessories.

New Realistic Personalities—Every Sim is a unique person, with a distinct personality.
Create realistic Sims with distinctive personalities. Select from dozens of personality traits and combine them in fun ways. The combination of traits you choose—brave, artistic, loner, perfectionist, klepto, romantic, clumsy, paranoid, and much, much more—help shape the behavior of your Sims and how they interact with other Sims. Your Sims can now rise above their basic set of every day needs. They are complex individuals with unique personalities.

New Unlimited Customization—Everyone can customize everything!
Build your dream house or design the ultimate home. Customize everything from floors to flowers, shirts to sofas, wallpaper to window shades. It’s fun and easy to change colors and patterns giving you endless personalization options. Or you can populate your Sims’ neighborhood with pre-designed buildings and furnishings. Which of your Sims will live in high-end mansions, cool bachelor pads, ultimate dream homes or low-cost cottage?

See the New Screens! (link)
#8 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 1:59 PM
Things to note:

- There are new screenshots in the Create a Home section (and a few in Create a Sim, but not much)
- In two of the CAH shots you can see that Sims have ceilings in their homes. :howdy:
- You can sign up to be a "VIP" and give feedback, take surveys, and maybe other stuff.
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 2:01 PM
screens page:
http://thesims3.ea.com/screens.php

it's flash animated, so it's hard for me to just link to the images, but none are new (to the best of my knowledge), but the good news is that they are all high resolution.
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
its all crap we know

that's because we're fanatics who scour the internet three times a day to get all the info we can. many people who are more, uh, casual, may not know all that we do. the utility of the website isn't really for people like us. EA already knows that they can count of people like US to buy this game, lol
Field Researcher
#11 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmarSAcharya
that's because we're fanatics who scour the internet three times a day to get all the info we can. many people who are more, uh, casual, may not know all that we do. the utility of the website isn't really for people like us. EA already knows that they can count of people like US to buy this game, lol

I really laughed when I read that. I'm a die hard fan like all here.......
What we saw on the website everything is what we knew but most people didn't. What EA are going after is definitely the majority........

But I have to say........ I'm not that impressed by what I have seen of TS3. Of course it looks good but not very different from TS2. Te graphics do not look any different (not much if true) and the neighborhood Pleasant Valley doesn't look that much like a city or town. It looks more like a green field where houses were dropped.
This is no insult. This is just what I see. After my opinion they could have waited to 2010 with TS3 to make it even better but I will buy it anyway.........
#12 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 2:31 PM
Of course they can't be bothered to realize that the US site will be flooded on the opening date, so of course half the people trying to see it can't. Surprise Surprise. The UK version is accessible though - as usual.

If this is a sign of things to come, I think I'll stick with what I have now.
Instructor
#13 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmarSAcharya
it's flash animated, so it's hard for me to just link to the images, but none are new (to the best of my knowledge), but the good news is that they are all high resolution.

If you click on the pictures you can link to the pics themselves. For example: http://thesims3.ea.com/flash/cahCar...nshot_0_big.jpg
#14 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 3:03 PM
I think the Sims2 is much better. Look at Sims3, it's like a toy! I was so excited for nothing.. :confused:
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 3:11 PM
You can make vegetarian sims!
That's me sold.

Sheer wonder, baby.

Field Researcher
#16 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dristina
I think the Sims2 is much better. Look at Sims3, it's like a toy! I was so excited for nothing.. :confused:

I understand. I also feel that the houses, landscape, sims and items look all like toys, plastelina figures or an animated movie. But I'm not gonna complain. I'm just coming with my observations.
But just as you know..... I am very impressed with the game options and CAS options (+ personality traits) but the graphics look worse than in TS2.
#18 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 3:22 PM
eh..im not excited. It basically almost all the same pictures i saw already and it doesn't even look like they had any kind of graphic settings set high because everything had jagged edges. The sims don't look that good either, hopefully they will make some changes so the texture of the sims is better. Honestly besides the fact that the sims can get fat or thin i probably wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between the sims 2 or 3 if nobody told me it was the sims 3.
Alchemist
#19 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dristina

these are early screen shots from a game that's a year away. Geez give them some time to work on the thing
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#20 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 3:27 PM
idtaminger and andru, would you both please save the images you posted links to and upload them to a photosharing account like photobucket (and then edit your links). Hotlinking is bad, especially when so many people are trying to access the new site right now.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 3:28 PM
Well I LOVE The Sims 3! Theres a few ideas I can't grasp, but they're not done yet!
Everyone always doubts things before they're finished. I wish people would be more optimistic. Yeah I'm concerned about the faces - they need more detail and uniqueness, and THEY WILL get that. For christ's sake the game wont be released for another year!

I'm tired of people who have completely pessimistic outlooks. "Oh I'm not getting it now"... Well you haven't even waited for the final outcome? And as with the Sims 2, they will have chats to discuss the games and if you want don't want something get in a rally of people and tell them what you think. Don't just put the game down!

edit// Also I can accsess all the pages on thesims3.com, I just kept hitting refresh when I got an error, try it =D
Instructor
#22 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 3:28 PM
Anyone got the links for the images from the Screenshots page?

http://thesims3.ea.com/screens.php

It's being so slow when trying to load the flash content.

julianarosalia: Yep, will do that now and edit my post
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 3:30 PM
edit// confused lol

Also how do I get the links to the pictures on a flash website?
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#24 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 3:36 PM
inoacharm, open the link that you posted, then right click on the image and save it to your desktop. Upload it to a photosharing account and then post that link instead of the one to the Sims3 site.

Thank you andru.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#25 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 3:39 PM
oh no thats not what I meant. I mean while on the flash website how do I get to the 'links' of the files? Just curious for future reference because Ive never tried to get the link of a file on a flash website.... then again I havent tried viewing the source yet

Thanks anyways, I'm going back to bed for now.... I just hope they startup a Sims 3 Chat soon so we can start badgering them for info
Page 1 of 9