Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 6:08 PM
I guess they figured you could pick U.S. almost the same. Or maybe the U.K., or France.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 6:09 PM
Yes, but that happens all the time.

But oh well, I'll just be a hat for the US. Haha.
Scholar
#53 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by musiquefille
As a web designer, I think there is absolutely no reason to announce a release date for a website and then put out something so slow people can't view it - whether or not you refresh over and over again. That is poor design and poor product management. To put an entire site in flash when you know it will be flooded on a release date is even poorer design. I'm on a very strong and stable broadband connection and refreshing each page is beyond ridiculous. I'm not in that much of a rush to see the site, nor do I care much about Sims 3 until it is actually shipped, but it makes me angry when companies with so much money and such a huge staff trained in technology put out poor resources on the web.

Gawd, I totally agree with you. I'll just wait a couple of days, I'm fed up of refreashing.
Test Subject
#54 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 6:53 PM
Wow The Sims 3 looks exactly like The Sims 2.

Hopefully those graphics aren't final because those are awful.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 7:34 PM
For me the fact that there's a whole wide world out there for your sims to explore is worth buying a new sims game.

Then there's the fact that we can customize EVERYTHING according to what they're saying now. I hate being restrained, so this sounds marvelous!

Then we have the uber awesome new CAS with an easier way to create sims that can look like anybody (I suppose we could do this in the current bodyshop, but it took a lot of work, a lot of time, plus some time in Photoshop, and even in the end it took a bit of imagination without being told to figure out who the sim represented)

And I DO think when they say "bachelor pad" they're talking about apartments!! Just what I think... could be wrong...

Graphics, shmaphics. Probably isn't the finished product yet, in some ways. Yet I can't help but imagine the screenshots with CC and the results are fantastic. I think right now it looks better than the TS2 basegame without CC. Maybe they're designing the game so that it would take a toll on your system/graphics card when you're exploring the neighborhood? Wouldn't bother me, with my low end card. Would be cool of they had an optiont to play down the graphics for people like me with the cheap stuff but play it up majorly for those with cards that can handle it!

What else... I can't remember right now. So thats it for me now.
Instructor
#56 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 7:40 PM
You only have to compare a scene from Sims 2, to similar scene from Sims 3 to see while it's very similar in style it's actually quite different overall. So much more detail and realism. I don't think The Sims will ever be photo-realistic and I quite like that. It is a game after all.

I also noticed in one of the screenshots on Snooty that shadows appear to act different depending on the time of day. They move direction like they would in real life.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elf pr0n
Wow The Sims 3 looks exactly like The Sims 2.

Hopefully those graphics aren't final because those are awful.

You have to be kidding? Right?

This New game; looks nothing like the original,
Those Graphics look much better than the Sims2 ever did.

I am sure the whole of the game will have a very different feel to it when released.

Ponder's the thought of people who complain standing in line waiting for the first copy release...
Instructor
#58 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 7:49 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/14mw75g.jpg

Someone just posted this over at another forum - it's a more HQ version of the realistic living room image everyone seemed pleased with before. How lush! Not sure where the image originates from, but we've seen it in the magazines.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 7:53 PM
By the look of that picture, I think we may be able to put pretty much anything made for sims 2 into sims 3.
Scholar
#60 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 7:54 PM
I would kill several small furry animals for that graphics card
I thought it was a real living room...
Instructor
#61 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun

When I saw it in the magazine scans I almost confused it for a photograph. I thought the article was going to mention about about reference pictures or something later on lol.
#62 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 8:01 PM
Those screen shots did nothing for me. Hopefully the game will have improved it's graphics. If not, I'll be sticking to The Sims 2.
#63 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andru
http://i25.tinypic.com/14mw75g.jpg

Someone just posted this over at another forum - it's a more HQ version of the realistic living room image everyone seemed pleased with before. How lush! Not sure where the image originates from, but we've seen it in the magazines.

Haaa. I should have read through this before. Okay, I am sold. :P
#64 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 8:20 PM
Alright, guess I need to start dealing crack to afford the graphics card
Test Subject
#65 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun

Just no squirrels! :P

Anyway, I like the new graphics. To me they seem much softer, and a lot cuter.

But that's probably just me, since I'm used to cute anime-style 3D games. ^_^
#66 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 8:34 PM
The graphics for the room and furniture look great but the sims themselves look kind of dead. Hopefully someone will make default replacements or something.
Alchemist
#67 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 9:00 PM
I think the eyes look really good, in fact they look like some custom ones I use. But I'm sure I'll get tired of them pretty quick and need them changed.
Yes, the Sims sort of have a corpse look to them. . . Not a huge fan of that, but I suppose seeing them animated might make it a big difference.
Test Subject
#68 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 9:09 PM
We all know that Maxis made Sims aren't the best looking of Sims. We'll be able to work our own magic to make them look how we want.

I honestly hope they don't mess with crazy good graphics- the last thing I want to do is to have to buy a whole new $1000+ computer just to be able to play a maybe $50 game. I couldn't get the Sims 2 for a couple years because I had to slowly upgrade the computer I had just to be able to play. Now it barely manages, after expansions, and with all new computers coming out with *ew* Vista, that doesn't help.

I like the GAMEPLAY changes they're announcing though. I could give a crap, honestly, about how many pretty sofas I can give them or how lifelike they are. The ability to walk around the whole neighborhood, that's what I like.

Keep the copy and pastes coming, I can't even get to the US *or* the UK sites.

~Katy
#69 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 9:16 PM
Actually thinking about it they dont look any worse than sims in sims2 bodyshop with no custom content.
#70 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 9:23 PM
Wow, finally got it to open..after 7 hours of school lol xD

Um I'm upset..THAT is how they're going to look? I thought it was just...uh..iduno. But I guess since the site is using those sims and those screen shots, that is how they're going to look =(... I do not like the faces at all lol. but yeah other than that..it seems okay. ^^
#71 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenChris
I can't access the site very well. I did notice it comes up better with IE than Firefox, which sucks. Besides I've get the slowest connection on gods green earth. I'll just have to wait a day, or maybe late tonight when most are in bed. Insomnia does have its advantages. :/

awwww...lol don't worry^^ theres not much on it haha^^
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 9:37 PM
maybe the new engine wil be easier on the computers
even though that doesn't make allot of sense, lets just hope that

my dear lord, it's the ferocious black beast of Rhipsanydoridontodontodontodon, with its large black teeth that can eat 3 humans at once, mate 3 times a year, can reach an average speed of 80 miles/hour, and is 50 ft aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhh

P.S. if you have seen him put this in your signature
Test Subject
#73 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fireflies
You have to be kidding? Right?

This New game; looks nothing like the original,
Those Graphics look much better than the Sims2 ever did.

I am sure the whole of the game will have a very different feel to it when released.

Ponder's the thought of people who complain standing in line waiting for the first copy release...

Haha no I'm not kidding the game looks like garbage but atleast the gameplay will be nice.

And I'm not saying I'm not going to be playing I know I'll be playing it.
Theorist
#74 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 10:14 PM
Seems like most of the stuff on the site is stuff we already knew from magazine articles. I like the graphics except for the sims themselves which I still think look ugly, hopefully custom skins can look a bit better. I wonder when we will get the first trailer?
Field Researcher
#75 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 10:21 PM
Well, I'm having trouble accessing the site too. I see one page, then it won't load. Probably gonna be a lot of traffic today, as it's the first day. So I'll maybe check in again later this week. However, I am getting pretty excited about it. I think it looks amazing. The shadows and lighting alone completely blow away the graphics of The Sims 2. It looks like a lot of things will looks pretty similiar however. Just slightly more sophisticated 3d rendering. Recognized a lot of furniture in some of those shots.
Really looking forward to playing, though.

My sims gaming journal. Not very informative.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
Page 3 of 9