Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#26 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 2:42 AM
Interesting. The garden area looks nice.
I'm not familiar with that 1-tile bathroom, do you have a link to it?

Horror of horrors, you put the stove next to the fridge.
Any special reason for that? It's something I always avoid, since you really never see it in real life, at least I haven't. Stoves get warm/hot, often for extended periods of time (baking a cake or a turkey), and a poor refrigerator next to it has to work overtime trying to keep cool.

Julian Cooke is one of my test Sims.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 5:30 AM
It's rare I have the appliances next to each, but I have had a few sims not liking just 1 tile between the stove and any objects. Considering the kitchen area is kind of small, I just set it that way. I grew up in a house with them side-by-side, years later my dad redid the kitchen and moved the fridge. Julian started out as a test sims and I sort of got attached to him.
Here's a link to one, there is another and may be on that same site, I don't remember. Sims will still get a toilet want and there is an invisible picture on MTS to satisfy that want since this is a combo of toilet and shower. http://verounique.livejournal.com/32762.html

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Theorist
#28 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 9:24 PM
I love the alien themed Capsule A, found here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=573356
Image of original
Also edited a bit and decorated it so they don't all look alike. In building or remodeling, I love the ability
to add everything needed in a tiny place and make it easy to maneuver a sim around it.

1. The front walls were changed to add just a bit more space inside, while outer walls were replaced for another alien look & added solar panels.
Cheats used for placing objects on diagonal are move objects, quarter tile placement and 45 degree angle.

2. Added the entrance at the side to not block the sidewalk

3. This one has a double bed, but you can have 2 twin beds as the original, or a twin, using the other space for addition objects.
One of these was used for an alien birth parent, who had twins. Placing two invisible 'share bed cot' object for babies on one side,
using move objects & quarter tile placement, which worked perfectly. After aging to toddlers, the double bed was switched for a
twin bed & 2 sleeping pads for the toddlers. No problems so far with functioning of this family.

4. The 1st image shows the 3t2 All In One bathroom. 2 walls were removed, using the 3 cheats made it
possible to set the bathroom on an angle. It cannot be placed all the way to the back wall, setting it in partway so it's centered
makes it accessible. Also the half walls, using a diagonal table for 2, added a shelf above it with the stereo. The sims actually
had a bubble with the wall showing it in the way, but he still danced there. Later, I'll just rotate it around. The 2nd image shows
the modded coat rack, set at an angle the same way and not all the way back in that corner, it too, is accessible. If anyone tries
this and an object doesn't work, just use the 2 cheats and move it slightly.

5. Better view of the diagonal table. I have a PC on 1 side and the sim, who happens to be Julian Cooke, sat on the other chair
to eat but didn't use the table for his plate. It's supposed to serve as a table, or desk and table combo, the 2 end walls might
be the problem. Stove and counter are on regular walls. The sink is at a diagonal wall, sink and mirror had to be moved a bit
forward to be accessible, stove, counter, sink and mirror work normally.

6. Drafting table, trash chute and fridge are on a straight wall, all are accessible.

7. Floor plan - Windows placed on diagonal walls so the others can hold art work. You can see the 3 diagonal corners
& how the objects aren't all the way back to make them accessible. Forgot image of study area, love seat, end tables
using the 3 cheats to place, lamps and a stack of books near the stereo. This stack of books are useful as the books
are accessible by more than 1 side.

This house plan is so much fun to decorate in the alien theme. My sims are hoping
to see more lot adjusted tiny lots in various sizes using this theme. (:

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#29 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 9:29 PM
@Duine Your house make-over looks amazing! I love how you changed it to blue.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Theorist
#30 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 9:35 PM
Thank you! I did use the original just as it was, but re-used the house and changed each to be different but still alien themed. (:

Page 2 of 2