Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gemmareno
What programs do you use to put them all together? I have Photoshop, but I can't seem to get it quite right! XD Thank you very much for the link.

if you look on tsr, they have two different tutorials on how to do family trees. it should be free.

Quote: Originally posted by novemberlove
Just find pics of your sims family, and arrange them in the order of which they were created. I also use these icons to show who married who, who died, etc.

thanks, i've been looking for something like this. btw, your family is beautiful.

"I'm too booty-licious for ya, babe!"
Check out my DND Designs
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dallasindc
if you look on tsr, they have two different tutorials on how to do family trees. it should be free.

I'll check it out, thank you for the tip!
#28 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 4:57 PM
Olil yours is HUGE!!!
PunkyBreester I love the whole circular thing it looks great!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 8:37 PM
Olil, Your family tree is MASSIVE! I never get passed Gen.2, but I'm determined on this one. You have a huge selection of skintones :O. Which sites do you use?
Novemberlove, Your family is beautiful .
bP, Yours is so neat and tidy 8-0.
I'll post mine when I actually have something to post .

LJ♥
Call me Lily :).
I'm beginning to upload some of my sims online..please go check them out here :).
Instructor
#30 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 11:35 PM
Thanks missysimmer

Olil... 0__0" How long have you been playing that family? lol

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
#31 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 11:48 PM
I made a family tree with simple screen captures of the in-game tree and pasting them together:

here's my successful un-uglacy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16092711@N05/2036831740/
#32 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 4:30 AM
I made a family tree for the Hawthornes. It's not very big right now, though, because I usually get tired after two generations.

Lab Assistant
#33 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 6:37 PM
Thank you so much angelsavoir, novemberlove, Gemmareno, honeynutcows, Missysimmer and Punky for your comments! That's a lot of compliments, you're too kind !

I've been playing my Bosco family since mid-2007, so it will be 2 years this summer. So it's not so big considering all that time, but I've have few time for playing and I've made several pauses of one or two months during this time.

About the family tree, I began with it when I was at generation 5 after seeing one of Bree and I remember it took me like 5 hours to learn how to use the tools and make the 1st version . But I was happy with it and I decided to continue updating it generation after generation, just for me, to have a souvenir of my Bosco family.

sophieacd, theTurner family is great!
Punky, wonderful family but I understand you're not in the mood to play it again !
Thanks Eat ToAst! Most of my skintones come from here http://www.modthesims2.com/browse.php?f=346&showType=2 and here http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga....php?board=13.0
Thaissa, good work and such an unique family!
GSSM, wonderful family! Will you go on with little Sam?
#34 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 8:15 PM
olil ur family tree's are awesome
Theorist
#35 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 8:45 PM
These are really well done and it's interesting to see the families progress. I may try one sometime if I feel ambitious!!

Great work!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
#36 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 6:52 PM
Olil, I have actually gotten back into my family and decided to continue with little Sam, and then some! Right now, Sam is a toddler, Kendall just adopted (the child will be here on the next game day), and Flick is doing her best to get alien pregnant! I am also working on remodeling their house, since there are SOOO many people living there now. (Thankfully, though, the founders and Tara have finally died of old age, so there's at least some room to breathe!)
Field Researcher
#37 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 9:15 PM
Awesome family trees... and I just have to admire how some of you have enough patience do such large legacies.

I gave it a try too XD. Probably looks like crap with all non-direct lines and such but oh well...
I just wanted to do Gordon's family tree because it's kind of crazy... and would still continue if I included all the half-siblings and such :D
One of the sims there had a CAS made daughter so don't let that confuse you.
Some of these sims are really old and back then I was stupid and didn't take enough pictures. It kind of saddens me how I have no decent pics of Gordon's wife Maureen =P

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 10:59 PM
Thrior - I think you did a great job with it. From seeing all the pics of Gordon over time in the other forums here I was kind of surprised his descendants haven't gone into more generations than they have. Unless that's what you meant by "would continue if..."

One of these days I'll attempt to do a family tree like the ones you all have, but I don't have any families currently that have gotten large enough for the tree to be very interesting.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 11:12 PM
^
Thanks. Yeah, they don't go too far. I'm a VERY bad player when it comes to generations XDD. I play too much with aging-off and this family has a nasty habbit to produce such funny sims who I just don't want to get rid off :D
Inventor
#40 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 3:02 AM
all the trees here are awesome. my families take forever to have kids. i just have so many of them! like, 3 custom neighborhoods full. Anyway, congrats of being so patient.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 4:26 AM
I love seeing family trees! Reminds me that I really need to update the one I was doing for a few of my Pleasantview families... it's gotten so bizarre I'm having trouble keeping up with it now.

Thrior: It's awesome to finally get to see Gordon's family tree! I've wondered about the mothers of his various children. XD
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 3:36 PM
Wow some of these are biiig. I've been playing the same family for mannny years. But the family tree has over 1000 people in it and is impossible to draw

To be, or not to be,
That is the question.
Everyone has a hidden identity!
Field Researcher
#43 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 1:39 PM
I came up with this idea for a family last night, so I spent this morning making my idea a reality!

Click to see the full family tree!

After the death of his wife Karen in a house fire, Jonathan asked his mother-in-law Patricia to move in to his new house with him to help take care of his new baby, Nathan.

Karen's brother, Harry, lives down the road and often comes round see his nephew, mum and brother-in-law. But he has a dark secret that he hasn't told anybody... that he's a werewolf. It's OK though, isn't it? He's hasn't hurt anyone... yet.

I can't way to play this family, and since I actually made/killed the grandparents and mother, there is a chance they could come back.

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Forum Resident
#44 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 8:51 PM
I just threw together a tree for my main family, the Eisenmanns. It seems so crude compared to everyone else's but if I don't do it now I'll forget names and generations and stuff!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 5:15 PM
Interesting families you all have. They're all different! :D

The most I've got is the fourth generation, but I haven't played with them in a long while. They go all the way back when I first got Seasons, I created them to try everything out and got really addicted to them.
I made a family tree some time ago. Please forgive the Dutch and all the smiling faces. :P

Test Subject
#46 Old 29th May 2009 at 12:44 PM
This is the Levin-Deyn family tree. Lately I've just been playing these two families, trying to have a big family cos I usually just lose interest at about 3rd gen.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:39 PM
the dixon family tree it's missing the 1st gens but they died
Test Subject
#48 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:00 PM
WOW! a family tree form o.o!
ill wow this is gonna...take me while to get pictures of all simmies
( 12 gens )
most are dead so uhhh...lol

IDEA!
-calls grimmy to res them-
-evil laugh-
-zomg accidentaly made zombie-
-epic fail-

Yeah baby, im a ninja ^^ like my turtle ninja ^^?
Field Researcher
#49 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 9:28 PM Last edited by amyandmia : 11th Jan 2010 at 11:09 PM.
Channa- thats a lot of blondes!

it looks like an in game tree but i couldnt get all the people to show up on one tree so its actually like, 4 trees smashed together

and here's my other favorite family, Hope is my favorite sim ever (literally)

Boolprop Family Tree

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Scholar
#50 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 10:43 PM
Mmkay, so I'm resurrecting this. Seriously, how did this one drop off the radar?

Inspired, I started putting together the family trees of my current Pleasantview residents (including baby bumps - cuz babies are people too, ) - right now I've gotten the first three in alphabetical order (click for full-size image; also I'm not sure how clear the names are going to be - I'm still fiddling around with image sizing. Ask and thou shalt receive a text list) :

- The Brokes

- The Burbs

- The Calientes and Gonzagas (I mashed Dina's family, Nina's daughter and her husband's remarriage into one tree)
Page 2 of 6