Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 11:00 PM
Veronaville: Chapter 5
No, I am not discontinuing A Pleasant View - That will be updated as regularly as this. I've recieved permission to start a new (second) story from bP because I don't want to grow tired or lose ideas for A Pleasant View and because Veronaville has a story to tell and I feel I must tell it! So hopefully you'll enjoy this as much as you enjoy A Pleasant View.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consort Capp was the sort of man who had a daily morning habit. Usually this meant that he could be found checking his financial books in his bedroom 9 a.m. every morning. This morning was no different. Looking over his company’s financials, Consort enjoyed his daily routine with comfort. Summer was finally over, and although he’d miss the warm breeze that shifted everything in Veronaville, he would not miss the shenanigans that he could not keep his grandchildren out of. He was thinking of one in particular at this moment, his youngest, Juliette. There were rumors all throughout summer that she had fallen for young Romeo Monty at a local summer party. He let out a grunt as his eyes blindly went over the numbers, the rage in him at the thought of her dating a Monty starting up like a wildfire.

He was brought out of his reverie when he heard a knock at his bedroom door. Without looking up, he invited the guest in with a soft murmur. Consort Capp was never the type to yell. He was raised to be a refrained young man, and that he was… unless if he came across a member of the Monty family. At that point, all bets were off. He looked up as the door slowly opened and in walked in Titania Summerdream, his childhood friend and once long ago…lover.

His eyes softened as they settled on her face. She had a startling beauty to her and he always enjoyed seeing her hair wild and loose consumed with both waves and curls. Nothing with her was predictable. Maybe that’s why he had fallen for her so long ago.

“Ah, my Titania, what brings you to this part of the neighborhood?” He asked pleasantly as he put his book down and got up from the sofa. He approached her slowly and took her hand, bringing it to his lips.

“I brought you a present to kick off the beginnings of a whole new season.” She smiled as she watched him modestly kiss her hand while she tried to ignore the tingles that it sent up her spine. Pulling her hand away, she took a step back. “I left it with your butler, who I might say, never looks too happy to see me unless if I’m carrying food.” She let out a chuckle.

“Samson is an old fashioned man. He believes that guests should always bring a present when visiting a friend.” Or former lover, he thought. “Shall we move into the living room? It’s a little less stuffy there.”

When she nodded in compliance, he led her to his living room, just outside his bedroom. Motioning for her to sit down, he joined her with a smile.

“So what did you bring me today?” He asked curiously.

“Your favorite type of cheesecake, Samson promised to keep it in the fridge this time.”

“So will I be able to buy these infamous desserts from you at that bakery you’re thinking of opening?” He asked with a sudden grin.

With a smile tugging at the corner of her lips, she asked “Consort Capp, where did you hear that bit of news?”

“Oh through the grape vine,” he let out a chuckle. “So is it true?”

She shrugged with a smile, “we’ll have to see what the future brings. But as for now, I’m not going to say anything.”

He remembered how superstitious she was so he didn’t press for more information. Instead he asked, “how are your two adopted children?”

A sudden brightness illuminated her eyes as she said, “they’re fine, doing wonderful actually. Puck and Bottom have been getting along fine. It’s working out so well that Oberon and I actually want to adopt one more. “

Raising his brow, Consort studied her face. “So…” he started slowly. “You want to adopt a third, but not get engaged to Oberon?”

“Ever since he’s moved in with me, he’s been hinting at getting engaged. But, I’m not ready you know?” She let her delicate shoulders rise and fall in a shrug. “Another kid I can handle, but a commitment seems like a more defined future with a sole human being and that just seems like it should be better thought out. He just moved in, I want to see how it goes before I promise anything.”

Consort knew full well what she meant. He thought of his deceased wife, Contessa, who he was forced into marriage with. He had four children in a loveless marriage, who would’ve thought it was possible? He held back a sigh and looked over at Titania again.

“I’m glad the summer is over,” he suddenly said. “I can finally keep track of my grandchildren again. Juliette has been involved in things I’m not too proud of to bring up during the summer and Hermia and Tybalt have been acting out non-stop.” He took in a deep breath. “I wish I didn’t have this responsibility. They’re shaming the Capp name.”

Titania shook her head, “you’re doing the best you can with them, Consort. Just be patient and they will calm down. “ She offered him a sympathetic smile. “Anyway, are you coming to my party tonight?”

“Is Oberon going to be there? When she nodded silently, he replied with “well, then I guess not.” He gave her a mournful smile.

“How about the children then? Can Tybalt, Hermia and Juliette come? I’m just trying to give them their last night of fun before school starts.”

“Are the Monty’s children going to be there?” He looked at her.

“You know they are, Consort.” She said humorously.

“Well then you know the answer to that, don’t you?” He smirked at her.

“Fine fine, Consort Capp, have it your way. “ She grinned at him. “I have to get going however, Oberon will be needing help setting up for the party.” She stared at him, lingering a moment longer before finally rising.

He pulled her into his arms for a warm and friendly hug. “Thank you for dropping by, my Titania. It was nice starting off the end of summer by seeing your face and catching up with you.”

When he let her go, he noticed something in her eyes but before he could say anything, she cleared her throat and asked, “will you walk out with me?”
Smiling warmly at her he nodded and said, “of course.”

They walked outside of his mansion and were greeted by the strong smell of flowers. Walking down the front steps with her, he sneaked a peek at her face out of the corner of his eyes, secretly admiring her fiery beauty. When they had reached the bottom of the steps and were finally in front of his mansion, she smiled and turned to him.

“I will see you around, Consort.” She said with a smile.

“Don’t be a stranger, Titania. You’re always welcome here.” He returned her smile warmly.

As she turned around and began walking away from him, he noticed the distance between their bodies growing more and more. He bit back the urge to call out to her and ask her to stay, instead he just silently watched her get more distant.

She had once been his Titania. How he still ached for her. How he wished there weren’t invisible shackles holding him back from brushing the hair off her face or stroking her chin for he would’ve loved to do all those things.

Slowly turning around, he looked up the steps of his mansion.
He began walking back towards his mansion, his shoulders sagging from unhappiness. What did it matter anyway? He was just the rich old crone of Veronaville who had a stupid on-going feud with the Monty’s. He had no feelings to them. It didn’t matter that he had been once forced to give up the girl of his dreams for all of this.

Nor did it matter that his heart still pined for what he had lost years ago. It didn’t matter that he had been stuck in a loveless marriage for years. All they knew was that he was wealthy and powerful. He was a Capp and that is all they cared to know.

As a sudden cool breeze caressed his cheek, he remembered that he had to call one of his daughters to discuss a very important matter. Forcing himself to walk faster and not linger in his past, he hurried up the stairs, putting all other thoughts behind him.

Thank you for reading! Comments and critiques are always welcome! I hope there are some Veronaville fans out there =)
2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 12:12 AM
Ooh, very mysterious! You've created a whole new history to those characters.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 3:06 AM
Yay...another story! I can't wait to see more of it.

Just Call Me Allie :)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 3:55 AM
I was never much of a veronaville fan but im liking your story either way cant wait to keep reading
#5 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 4:04 PM
i think writing another story on top of a pleasent view is a very good idea. itll keep you fresh, and it keeps everyone interested... good luck writing two stories! i already love this one!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 11:04 AM
This was a great idea! I can't wait to read the next chapter...
#7 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 7:02 AM
This story looks like another winner
I can't wait for the next installment of this series, as well as A Pleasant View.
You are an incredibly talented writer and I look foward to seeing more of your work!
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 10:49 PM
Chapter 1
Regan Capp silently groaned as she looked at herself in her vanity mirror. She noticed that there were wrinkles beginning to take form around her eyes and mouth. Sighing she pushed herself away from the mirror and turned around. Remembering that her husband, Cornwall, had not eaten breakfast in the morning, she started towards his office door.

Walking into his office, she saw that he was still typing away at his computer.

“Do you want to come eat lunch with me, dear?” She quietly asked him

He began slamming his fingers violently against the keys. “Regan, I’m working. Don’t you have anything else to do than bother me?”

She kept from rolling her eyes as she said, “I’ll bring up your lunch then.” With that she turned away and walked out of his office.

Regan believed that her husband and she lived a good life even if he didn’t because he knew they weren’t as rich as the rest of the Capp family. Her marriage to him had been arranged and was done in haste because her mother believed that she had gotten too old. Traditional Capp marriages were arranged at the age of seventeen, and then you were married off a year later. When she had turned twenty two and still had no promising marriages come her way, she was married off to Cornwall Dane, son of a man who only owned three companies. All which had failed a year after their marriage, leaving Cornwall to start up his own. While her mother had still been alive, she had expressed her regret for marrying her beautiful daughter off to a man with no wealth or status, but she had begged Regan to make the best of the marriage, especially since the Capp family did not believe in divorce.

Walking into the kitchen, she decided to make a sandwich for him. Taking out the bread and cold meat cuts, she began the process of making the sandwich when she was interrupted by the doorbell ringing.

She walked over to the front door and opened it slowly, stifling a sigh as she saw her father standing there.

“Papa!” She cried as enthusiastically as she could. She planted a kiss on each of his cheeks and pulled back, smiling at him. “What brings you here? Nevermind, nevermind, come inside!”

Walking into her dining room, she waited until he was seated. Feeling a chill in the air, she turned to him and asked, “Papa, do you want the fire on? It’s a bit chilly in here.”

Without waiting for him to answer, she nervously walked over to the fireplace and lit the logs on fire.

“There,” she said standing up and rubbing the soot off her palms. She walked over to a seat next to him and sat down.

“Regan, why do you do this, my child? You should have a maid or a butler even taking care of these minimal tasks.” He shook his head sadly. “This is not how a daughter of mine should live!”

“Papa, it is okay. I’m happy.” She gave him a weak smile. “Cornwall has been working hard to keep his company going, I am sure it will take off any day now and we will be able to afford all those things.”

He grunted, “I regret the day that I ever allowed your Mama to marry you off to that man. It is not Capp tradition she said for a woman to be twenty two and unmarried. She was dense to have just married you off to any man that walked through that door. And to think, he still has not even given you any children! Your sister, Goneril has four children, Cordelia had three before she passed away, bless her heart.” He let out a sigh. “He cannot even provide you with children.”

Uncomfortable, Regan cleared her throat and asked, “Papa, what brings you here today?” She hoped he would take the bait and change the subject. She was no longer interested in hearing how her marriage to Cornwall had been a complete failure.

“Ah, I have come to discuss Juliet’s marriage. She is coming of age in a few months and I have not still found a suitable suitor for her. Your mother and I used to do this you know, it’s been hard for me since she is not around to help with these matters.”

“I’m sure Goneril and I can help you fine with this matter just fine, Papa. We should have a family dinner to discuss this together. “ She smiled at him. “I’m sure we can find someone that is worthy of Juliet that my sister, Cordelia would have approved of.”

“Cordelia’s death still pains me you know, daughter." He rubbed his chest, "I am sure that the Monty’s had something to do with her and her husband’s death. I am quite sure of it, indeed!” He declared angrily.

“As am I, Papa.” She bit her tongue from adding that she was also sure that there was something going on between her brother, Kent and one of the Monty’s.”

As if reading her mind, he asked “how is Kent? Is he living well with you? I do not understand why he will not just get over his pride and live with me and the grandchildren. I would not force a marriage upon him if he chooses to wait longer and he knows that. Still he acts this way? I do not understand it.”

Kent Capp lived with her and her husband in an adjoining part of the house. Essentially both the houses were separate with only one veranda trail that connected them. Kent had his own complete house essentially except for a kitchen. That was the only time that Regan saw her brother, when he was too tired to go out for food or was not in the mood for take-in.

“He is fine here, Papa. He is always working these days but seems happy.” She assured him. “I am keeping an eye on him to keep him out of any trouble as well.”

“Trouble? What trouble? Is Kent in trouble? Why have I not heard about any of this?” He demanded.

“No, no Papa, I just meant…” She stifled a frustrated sigh and shook her head, “never mind, Kent is in no trouble. Everything is well here.”

“I don’t see how that is,” he muttered as he made a point of looking around. “Anyway,” he returned his eyes to her. “I have to go visit your sister, but we should make arrangements to have this discussion. Maybe over dinner?” Looking around once more in disgust, he murmured, “Maybe either at Goneril’s house or at a restaurant somewhere.”

She got up with him and was quickly pulled into his arms for a comforting hug. “I care about deeply, my Regan. I am sorry this is how you have to live. Maybe things will look up and Cornwall will pass away, then you can re-marry someone with much more money, but until then, I will write you a check for fifty thousand simoleans. It should help you get by well this month.”

Without allowing for her to protest, he quickly exited her house. Watching as he left, she turned sharply on her heel and walked over to the door that led to her brother’s house. Quickly walking the path to his door, she threw his door open without bothering to knock.

Just as she predicted, he was at his computer. Rolling her eyes, she gave a disgusted sigh.

“I wouldn’t actually mind if you knocked once in a while, Sister.” Kent said amused. Without taking his eyes off his computer, he asked “what do you want?”

“Papa was just here.” She placed her hands on her hips. “It was very nice of him to visit, he inquired about you, you know.”

“No, I don’t know. I didn’t know he cared.” He said, sarcasm dripping from every word. “What did Mr. money-bags want?”

“Oh nothing, just to make me more aware of how much my marriage is a failure that he no longer approves of.” She let out a disgusted sigh. “I think I need a drink.”

Walking over to his bar, she took a glass and poured alcohol into it and downed it all in one swift motion. Getting up out of his chair, Kent looked at his sister with a bemused smile.

“I thought you quit?”

“Yep, I usually start up again when Papa visits.” She downed another glass.

“Easy there,” he sighed, “that’s all I need is an alcoholic sister. As if living in Veronaville isn’t bad enough with all of its uptight citizens.” He shook his head and said, “I’m going out. Go easy on the alcohol.” He started towards the door.

“Where are you going?” She cried out, suspicious that he was going over to hang out with the Monty she was sure he was secretly seeing.

“I have a business meeting,” he lied. “I will be home tonight, Mama.” He said sarcastically. He heard her sigh as he walked out his front door and down the front steps.

There was no point of following the Capp rules, he thought. It was doomed to be either a miserable or very lonely life. And to him, neither sounded appealing. He would never admit it out loud to his sister, but he had feelings for a Monty and that he could not deny, no matter how much it would enrage his father or disrupt the Capp way.

~*~

Thank you so much for the comments: simsample, alliemarie2323, sweetiesweetie85, gtandd, acidsugar, and model_material!

I really appreciate the support on this story and I hope you like the latest chapter!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 10:55 PM
I'm enjoying your story so far :-) And i'm looking forward to the next update! :-D
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 11:16 PM
I'm really liking this story You've given a lot more life to the Capps, can't wait for the next update!

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 12:22 AM
Yay another story! I never played Veronaville (deleted it ages ago) so it will be cool to read your story as a 'blank slate'.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 1:20 AM
Still liking it and i cant wait to see where everything goes. :D
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 1:21 AM
I have been reading this story along with your other one...sorry haven't commented on this one yet..so will now LOL.
I havnt ever played Veronaville, so cant wait to see how you mold the characters and if your other stories are anything to go by then i will be biting my nails the entire time...looking forward to more!

my stories:
Something Lost
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 11:48 PM
Chapter 2 - Part one

Goneril Capp was in a hurry to get home. She wasn’t sure if her husband or her kids were home yet or not, but she was hoping for the latter. She didn’t want anyone to see her yet, at least not until she could hide what she had done with a proper amount of makeup.

Walking up to her house, she checked her watch. It was almost close the time that her husband would return from work, she knew she had to make this fast. Looking up at her house, she felt a swell of pride. It was a gift from her father, Consort Capp right after she had accepted her arranged marriage to, Albany Norman. He was the son of a very wealthy man, which had made him quite favorable in her parent’s eyes. Of course it also helped that he became CEO of a huge company himself after his father’s death. Her father’s affection for Albany only deepened when he gave her four beautiful children. It was all her father could ask for, almost an entirely new generation to carry on the Capp name and traditions.

As she quietly slipped in through her front doors, Goneril was taken by surprise when her eldest daughter, Miranda came out of their living room to greet her.

“Hello Ma, where were you?” Miranda asked her mother curiously.

“Um, no where honey, I was just out…I went to the market to get something.” Goneril lied, hoping her daughter would drop the subject.

“Well what did you buy…?” she trailed off as she studied her mother closely. Then suddenly Miranda let out a gasp and took a few steps back, “Ma, your lips! You’ve changed your lips!” She almost shouted.

“Shhh!” Goneril looked around as she tried to shush her. Hoping no one was listening, she turned back to Miranda to say, “and so what if I did? I think these look better on me.” She pursed her lips to show her daughter.

“Ma, grandpa’s going to be furious with you! You know he doesn’t approve of things like that.” She motioned towards her mother’s lips and said gravely, “I don’t think what you’ve done is going to sit very well with him.”

“Well then I guess we won’t have to tell him.” She smiled sweetly at her daughter, “now, are there any other problems you’d like to point out with my little makeover, or are you going to be happy that I’m finally happy about my new appearance? It’s such a boost of self confidence for me; really you should be happy you know.”

Miranda timidly raised her hand, “I, uh, have another problem I’d like to bring to your attention, Ma.”

Rolling her eyes in exasperation, she impatiently asked her daughter with a false smile, “What is it, dear?”

Miranda took a deep breath and said, “Grandpa’s coming over in an hour, he wants to talk to you about something.”

The smile fell from Goneril’s face and was replaced with a look of worry. “My father is coming in an hour, and you only tell me this now?” She whispered as she nervously tugged at the fingertips of her gloves. “Why wasn’t that the first thing you brought to my attention?” She suddenly shouted taking a menacing step towards Miranda.

“I’m sorry!” Miranda said scared. “I was just so shocked…and then I wasn’t thinking…I’m sorry Ma!”

“Well, are all the rooms clean? Are the kids picked up from school? Is your father here?” Goneril pressed her daughter for answers, desperate to make sure everything was in order before her father arrived.

Miranda nodded, “yes, Ma, Papa and the rest are all here, and everything in the house is clean. I made sure to have it all done right after I got the phone call from him.”

Goneril suddenly pulled her daughter in for a hug. “Oh, thank you Miranda. I’m sorry for yelling at you. You couldn’t be a more perfect daughter if you tried.” She smiled as she held her daughter close. “I love you so much, thank you.”

Miranda enjoyed her mother’s hug for it was scarcely that she ever received one from her. Goneril was the type of mother that enjoyed the finer things in life, especially when it came to her beauty. She was interested in becoming famous, how or why were not questions she cared to have answers for. All Miranda knew was that the latest stunt her mom was about to pull would not go over well with her grandpa…that is if he would even notice. Goneril wasn’t too high on his list of favorite daughters after all; Miranda knew this because he would talk with pride only about Regan and Cordelia. Her mom was too much of a wild child for him. He was only happy that she chose to go with the tradition of having an arranged marriage, and Miranda knew that Goneril had only done that to please her very wealthy father so that he would pass on some of his money to her.

~*~
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 11:49 PM
Chapter 2 - Part two
Precisely an hour later, the front doorbell rang and Goneril greeted her father with a hug and placed a kiss on his cheek affectionately.

“Welcome Papa!” She smiled warmly at him. “Was the walk over okay for you?” Although he only lived up the street in his huge mansion, she knew that old age was giving his knees a bit of trouble.

“I’m fine,” he grunted.

“Do you want anything, Papa? I can have the butler make some coffee for you.” She smiled at him hoping he wouldn’t notice the difference in the size of her lips.

As if reading her mind, Consort stepped back suddenly and studied her. “What is different about you, Goneril? You don’t look quite the same.” He rubbed his chin.

“Nothing, Papa! I’ve just been trying out some new makeup.” She lied nervously. “I uh, I picked up some from the store today!”

He shook his head displeased, “can’t you use your money for something more useful, daughter?” He sounded disgusted with her. “You are the mother to four children, can you not calm down just a little now?” He gave her an exasperated look.

Not wanting to rile him up, Goneril just smiled at him and asked, “Why don’t you join Albany and the children in the living room? I’m sure you and your grandchildren have a lot to catch up on.” She gestured towards the opening of the living room.

Consort’s response was a grunt. Stiffly walking away from her to join the rest of her family in the living room, Goneril silently groaned.

Why can’t I ever seem to please him? She thought silently, agitated that her father still treated her like a five year old. She was a mother to four beautiful children, how much more could she possibly calm down? She wondered. Feeling like the outcast child, she pouted and took a deep breath before joining everyone in the living room.

“Albany, why don’t you join my father and me in the study? I believe there is something my father wants to discuss with us.” Looking at Miranda, she asked, “why don’t you join us as well, my dear, you can play the piano to keep your grandpa entertained and also to show him how much you’ve improved since the last time he was here.” She gave her an encouraging smile.

Consort and she moved into the other room while Miranda tagged behind them. Dutifully she took her place at the piano and began playing a light-hearted tune, making it much easier for Goneril and Consort to begin a conversation.

“She has gotten better!” Consort exclaimed, the pride obvious in his voice.

Nodding in agreement, Goneril gave her father a brief smile before turning serious again. “So, what are we discussing today, father?”

“I need you and Regan’s help in finding me a suitable man for Juliette to be engaged to.” He replied. “Normally, I wouldn’t ask for help, but since this was your mother’s expertise, since she was a true Capp, I’m now in need of both my daughter’s help on this particular subject.”

She shrugged nonchalantly, “Why are you still doing the arranged marriages then, father? Like you said, Ma was the real Capp, you just married into their family-this is her family tradition. If you wanted, it could end with her. Let Juliette marry whom she wishes to marry, knowing her she'll pick someone quite tasteful and rich.”

He stared at her for a second, visibly shocked by what she had just uttered. Then quietly he asked, “How dare you call yourself a Capp, Goneril?”

He rubbed his chest as he tried to calm the swell of anger he was feeling. “You care nothing about traditions and customs, and that is everything that that name represents. What if she were to marry a Monty?” He shook his head in disgust as he thought of Juliette with Romeo Monty. “This is why we keep with the traditions, Goneril, you out of all people should know this.”

Both of them looked away from each other. Although the physical resemblance between father and daughter was striking, their personalities were completely opposites. Goneril knew that when she had been born, her father had been hoping she would be a son. But when it turned out that Consort Capp was a father to yet another daughter, she knew from a very young age that she would have to fight for his affections. Most of his pride and joy had gone into Cordelia, who had had the perfect life it seemed, and to Regan, who he never failed to call his most beautiful daughter. Goneril had always wondered where she would fit into her father’s life. Already he had the perfect and beautiful daughter types, what was she to him? It wasn’t until this moment that she understood that her place in her father’s life was to be his greatest disappointment and that enraged her.

Albany, who had been eavesdropping from the other room, finally decided it was time to interfere between daughter and father before things got any worse. Whenever Consort came over to their house, he knew Goneril skated on thin ice with him; this time however, he was sure the ice was at its cracking point. And unlike Goneril, Albany was not ready to lose such a rich and powerful man like Consort Capp because of a silly argument between the two.

“Goneril,” he said as he entered the room and walked over to where she was sitting with her father. “I think I hear Ariel crying, why don’t you go and check on her? “

She shot him a look of confusion, “I don’t hear any crying, Albany.” She said with a shrug.

“Well you would if you were in the other room, checking on her like I asked.” He said through gritted teeth and a forced smile. “Please, honey, go check on our daughter.”

Finally understanding that he was just trying to get rid of her, she narrowed her eyes angrily at him before getting up and walking away. Taking a seat next to his father-in-law, Albany started with an apology.

“She’s just a little tightly wound today, Consort. Pay no mind to her. Of course she will help you and Regan look for a suitable man for Juliette to marry. I’ll even join in and help!” He offered enthusiastically.

“I just cannot believe that girl has the audacity to call herself a Capp. I mean, did you hear what she said, Albany? Go against Capp traditions just because her mother is dead.” He shook his head. “I did not get to be the CEO of a company because I just didn’t care to follow the traditions. I was not able to provide both you and her with this house because I was going against the customs. No, I stuck it out and followed through with it and because of it, many doors were opened for me.” He grunted and shrugged, “Go against the traditions, I’ve never heard of such a thing.”

“I will let my wife know that she was out of line today, Consort. Believe me, things of that nature will never pass her lips again.” He placed his hand on his chest to show his respect. “That is a vow that I make to you. She will understand that she is part of a very respectful and powerful family line, and to stay that way, she’ll have to show the name and the traditions more respect.” He nodded quietly before adding, “Our very own Miranda will have an arranged marriage just as soon as Juliette and Hermia have found their matches. As will both my younger daughters, Desdemona and Ariel. They may not understand it now, but we are looking out for their futures.”

Consort got up and pulled Albany into his arms for a hug. “Thank you, Albany. I’m very proud to call you my son.” He said with his voice thick with emotion. “You are the best man we could have ever found for our daughter.” He smiled sadly, “I wish Regan would have been lucky to get a husband like you as well.” Looking at his watch he said, “I have to go now, my grandchildren should be back at home by this time.”

Megan quietly continued to play the piano. After having heard every word uttered between her father and her grandfather, she was no longer sure if they were really doing this for her future, but instead for their own. But she would never voice her opinion on such matters. That’s where her mother went wrong, she thought, never reveal to them what you really think or you’ll lose favor with them for a long period of time.

She angrily plunked her fingers down on the keys. No, it wouldn’t matter what she thought of her future husband picked out by her grandfather or father. As long as he had the wealth and status he would be just right for her, she thought bitterly.

Goneril angrily watched her father leave. He hadn’t bother to say goodbye nor did he even look her way as he left. That’s just fine, she thought. If he wanted to be a huge snob about this, she could be too. She was furious that she let him get under her skin in the first place. From now on, she thought, I’m no longer going to seek his approval for things that I do.

Albany walked up behind his wife with a smile. “You behave next time he comes over. You could’ve have really damaged your relationship with him with talk like that. None of next time, you hear?” He was amused when she turned away from him and stiffened her spine in hostility.

Deciding to bait her a little, he moved in closer to whisper, “by the way, those new lips look damn sexy on you, don’t think I didn’t notice.” He chuckled into her ear and lightly tapped her on her behind which he knew would infuriate her more.

“Shut up, Albany!” She hissed before stomping away. She ignored his burst of laughter as she wondered what it was with men who married into the Capp family. They always seemed like such arrogant pricks and her husband, she felt, was no exception.

~~*~~

Thank you for your comments: lauratje86, Dreamydre15, el_flel, sweetiesweetie85, leos_pride!

I really appreciate them! Sorry if it’s a bit slow for now, I’m trying to get character introduction out of the way for those who don’t know the characters of Veronaville!
#16 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 2:16 AM
amazing, just amazing
i love how you make up your own stories for each of the neighborhoods,
its very creative!
looking foward to the next update!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 3:05 AM
Still loving the story your a great writer. Take your time writing or else things might come out bad because you rushed im in no hurry ill always be here Reading this is actually making me want to play Veroniville for once. Please continue writing cant wait to read more.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 4:12 AM
Wonderful update! I'm lovin this story so far. Can't wait for more.

Just Call Me Allie :)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 4:36 AM
yay ..I was wondering when someone would get the courage and post their Veronaville story here. So glad I waited...I love Goneril's character/personality...hope you can keep up with Pleasantview.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 5:45 AM
*applauds* Bravo!!! I am really enjoying this story...thank you
Forum Resident
#21 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 5:48 AM
Veronaville is my favorite neighborhood, and I'm really enjoying your story so far. Will look forward to future updates.
#22 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 4:54 AM
Wish I had more time to read others' work. This beginning sounds promising.
Original Poster
#23 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 8:26 AM
Chapter 3
Bianca Monty had an obsession with brushing her teeth. It was something she clearly liked doing a lot and really, it didn’t have anything to do with the fear of losing teeth as she got older. It was something she would happily do for ten minutes several times a day every single day. It was the end results that kept her obsession quite strong. She just loved her whites pearly.

It was when her doorbell rang that she finally put down her toothbrush and rinsed her mouth clean. Checking her teeth in the mirror, she gave a satisfied nod before heading downstairs to open her front door. She wasn’t surprised to see her ex-boyfriend, Kent Capp, standing in front of her with a sort of goofy smile spread across his face. A couple of days ago they had decided to break up for the hundredth time, but as routines would go, she knew she’d see him again within a day or two at her doorstep.

Amused at how predictable he was, she pulled him in before anyone else would notice that a Capp was willingly standing in front of a Monty’s door. It was the sort of thing that would be featured in the gossip column of the neighborhood weekly newsletter if they weren’t careful. Standing with her back pressed to the door, she looked at him. His infectious smile finally caused her to break out in one herself.

“What are you doing here, Capp?” Her tone was light and playful.

He shrugged, still smiling at her. “I missed you, Monty.” His reply was simple.

Rolling her eyes, she grinned at him. “You know, if I was the suspicious type, I’d seriously wonder if you kept coming back not because you had feelings for me, but instead to piss off your father.” She teased.

He raised a brow at her before responding with, “You know that’s not the reason I keep coming back.”

“I never said I was the suspicious type, now did I?” She moved away from the door and walked towards her living room area, knowing that he’d follow her.

He plopped himself down on the couch with a sigh. “I’m sorry we seem to do this a lot, Bianca.” He looked at her as she sat down next to him, “I mean the break up and make up thing.” He explained.

“That’s not what upsets me, Kent.” She said quietly while staring at him.

“What then? Is it the fact that we aren’t married?” He laughed humorlessly.

When she remained silent, the muscles around his jaw tightened and he grew somber. “Aside from the fact that we have serious relationship issues, you know that I can’t give you that. Not now, anyway.” He looked away, not wanting to see any disappointment on her face.

“I’m not asking for a happy ever after with you, Kent.” She exhaled noisily. “I just want us to stop with the high school drama. I know we’re bound to have issues in this relationship, especially when you consider which families we both come from,” She eyed him nervously. “But I just want us to either give this relationship an all or nothing. I’m honestly sick of all the breakups we’ve been through within the last few months. We knew it wasn’t going to be easy, but why do we have to avoid those issues with a simple solution like a break up?” She shook her head.

“Look, I realize it’s stupid that we do that okay!” He exclaimed. He rubbed the back of his neck in frustration as he tried to find something to say that would make the entire situation better without him having to actually promise anything. “Bianca, half the time, I don’t know what we’re doing or why we’re even doing it when it’s actually the most risky thing either of us could be doing. Are you honestly telling me you can handle the stress and the pressure that would come from either of our families if they found out that we were seeing each other?”

It was her turn to advert her eyes. “No,” she said with a frown. “I guess not. “

“Well then, let’s just make a promise to enjoy this for what it is and not make it what it’s not.” With that said he pulled her into his lap and wrapped his arms around her. “I like you a lot. Although I’m not ready to be in a full blown relationship, I know that I want you, I want to be around you. Can that just be enough for now?”

She looked at him, silently pondering what he said for a moment before leaning closer to him and pressing her lips against his as an answer. He let out a guttural moan as he responded to her kiss with an urgent one of his own. Pulling away from him suddenly, she looked at him with twinkling eyes.

“Does this mean we are allowed to see other people then?” She teased.

“Not if your life depended on it,” he scowled. The idea of her with another man did not sit well with him.

She pouted, still teasing him, “You are a very selfish man, Kent Capp.”

“Only when it comes to you,” was his only reply as he pulled her close again for another kiss.

She pushed him away and got off his lap. “Well, if this is the kind of relationship you want, then you have to leave.”

“What?” He looked at her confused, his eyes searching her face for signs of anger. Only detecting traces of humor, he raised his brow at her. “What do you mean?”

“My mother is coming over and if she catches you here…” she trailed off letting him complete the sentence silently in his head. “I’ll walk you to the door.” She smiled.

Groaning, he silently cursed her mother and got up. Walking to the front door of her apartment with her, he gave her a kiss on her cheek before leaving. Watching him leave, Bianca shook her head.

What have I gotten myself into? She mused as she closed the door behind her.

A couple of minutes later, there was a knock on her door. Opening it, she was surprised to find her mother standing there. Bianca suddenly found herself being pulled into her mother’s arms for a hug and a kiss.

“Hello Ma—” She started only to be interrupted by her mother.

“There was a Capp here!” Isabella Monty huffed at her oldest child.

“There was?” Bianca asked, using an uninterested tone. "How strange..."

Isabella rolled her eyes, “I thought that this part of the town was ours!” She exclaimed. “How dare they trespass?”

“Mama,” Bianca motioned for her mother to step inside her apartment, “it’s an apartment building. They have nothing to do with the agreement made between the Capp’s and the Monty’s about not trespassing each other’s land. The people who own the buildings are neutral when it comes to the feud between our family and theirs.”

They were standing in her kitchen now. Bianca handed her mother a cup of coffee. Picking a cup for herself, she took a slow sip while watching her mother from above the rim of the mug.

“They shouldn’t be allowed on this side anyway!” Isabella continued. “They agreed the road that parts the two sides of lands are our boundaries. We’ve managed to stay on our part, why can’t they?”

It was Bianca’s turn to roll her eyes. “Mama, does it really matter that much?”

Noticing her daughter’s aggravation, she suddenly became sad. “I’m just scared for you, Bianca, forgive me. I know the police said that they weren’t responsible for your brother Claudio and his wife’s death, but there is no proven evidence that they weren’t involved.”

“And there isn’t any evidence that they were!” Bianca shot back at her mother. Realizing she sounded defensive, she toned it down a little and apologized, “I’m sorry Mama; I don’t like talking about my baby brother’s death.” She let out a sigh and took a sip from her mug hoping her mother would drop the subject.

“So…” Her mother looked around her apartment. “Are you dating anyone?”

Bianca shook her head, amazed at her mother’s gall. “You know I’m not.” She lied.

“I know,” Isabella motioned to the bare walls in her daughter’s apartment. “If you were married, Bianca, you’d have family photographs to cover these naked walls of yours. “ Looking back at her daughter she gave her a sheepish smile. “You know a friend of mine was telling me how her son was looking for a wife to settle down with. I gave her your number.”

“Mama, how could you?” Bianca stared at her mother in shock. “You had no right to do that!”

“Of course you tell your own Madre she has no right to look out for your future,” Isabella looked at her daughter incredulously.

Rolling her eyes, Bianca took both their mugs and placed them in the sink. “Mama, I have an errand to run. Forgive me for cutting your visit short, but I really must get going.”

She gave her mother a kiss on the cheek. “I will see you and Papa for dinner tonight, okay? Maybe you can also convince my brother Antonio and his children to come as well…I haven’t seen the twins in a while.”

“Maybe your Papa can convince him to come. And if you’re lucky, you’ll get to see your nephews Romeo and Mercutio as well.” She grumbled. “If they decide to make it home for dinner that is. They’re lucky your younger brother is in a better place…if he only knew how his sons were acting.” She sighed as she turned around and exited her daughter’s apartment.

At the thought of her younger son, Isabella grew sad. Claudio’s death had impacted her entire family like a car crash. It had been difficult for them to move pass it, especially when her second son, Antonio’s wife, Hero had committed suicide right after Claudio and his wife, Olivia’s passing. Isabella was happy to have been able to raise Claudio’s children, but with the careless way they’ve been acting recently, she no longer slept at night. She was constantly afraid of what would happen to her grandsons.

“What has happened to my family?” She whispered miserably to herself.

~~*~~

Thank you for your comments: Model_Material, sweetiesweetie85, alliemarie2323, xhyleh, acidsugar, smellincoffee, ComorantEnt!

You all are so great! Thank you for all your support on this story, I really didn’t think I’d have any readers since not a lot of stories about Veronaville have been written before (none that I found anyway). So I appreciate that you all are enjoying my take on how it is in the neighborhood of Veronaville.

Btw, the word Madre means Mother. (Just thought I'd clear that up if there was any confusion)
#24 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 4:00 PM
awww man i cant believe ive been missing out! great updates... cant wait to see what the kids are all like.... especially romeo and juliet!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 5:21 PM
Great update i cant wait to see what happens next! Keep up the good work
Page 1 of 2