Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 10th May 2007 at 2:52 AM
Let him stay! Waiting patiently for more. Great pix!
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 10th May 2007 at 8:45 AM
Waiting NOT SO PATIENTLY for more!

Instructor
#53 Old 10th May 2007 at 9:56 AM
Awwwww, so cuuuuute! Yay for Dylan (possibly) staying! Great update!

Oh, and congratulations on your foal! That's so sweet! :D
#54 Old 10th May 2007 at 10:05 AM
Yes!
Dylan! Dylan!
ok, I'll be quiet

Dylan! :banana: (Dillon s...! :eviltongu )
Scholar
Original Poster
#55 Old 10th May 2007 at 10:26 AM
Default Chapter 9 - Leaving On a Jet Plane
I've been up since 4am and my horse still hasn't had her foal "sigh". Thank you for all your lovely comments and the cake Valyaah, hope you like this chapter SkZ

Chapter 9

Monday morning... I walked slowly to school dragging my feet. Dylan would be in an aeroplane by now, on his way to China. After our kiss things changed between us, it seemed more important than ever that we stayed together. But no matter how we looked at it we just couldn't figure a way round it.

I arrived at school late but not really caring, when I heard a shout,
"Lenny! Lenny, hold up!" I turned to see Dylan running across the school yard.
"But.... what are you doing here?" I asked, "Shouldn't you be on your way to China?"
He smiled at me. "I couldn't go, not now..." he said. "Come on!"
"What's going on?" I asked.
"We're running away!" "No, seriously, what are you doing here?" I asked again.
"I'm serious! I've got my mum's car! Let's go!" "But go where?"
"Anywhere! The city! I don't know! I don't care!"

He looked me in the eye and I knew that he meant it. "Wait!" I said.
"What's wrong, don't you want us to be together?" he asked sadly.
"Of course I do. But I need to go home first."
"What for?"
"My dad's away on a business trip this week with his secretary, or should I say girlfriend. We can stay at his place till we figure things out."
"Great idea!" said Dylan, and off we ran.

"Wow, this place is amazing!" said Dylan as we entered the apartment.
"Isn't it just!" I replied sarcastically, "The living room is the size of mum's whole house!"
"Hey, it's going to be okay." said Dylan, taking me in his arms. I laid my head on his shoulder. "I know." I sighed, "But I better call mum before she phones the police!"

Thankfully mum was working late again so I didn't have to speak to her directly. "Hi mum, it's Lenny here. I just wanted to let you know I'm okay. I'm staying with Dylan for a bit and....... well, I just wanted to let you know I'm safe and you're not to worry about me. I'll call you tomorrow."
"Man, do I feel bad!" I said. "She's gonna hate me!" I sighed, "I'm tired, I think I'm going to go to bed. It's been a long day."
"Hey, I've got a surprise for you!" He opened his rucksack and pulled out the Minnie Mouse ears we'd worn to the Debutante Ball. He reached over and gently placed mine on my head. "Thank you, Dylan." I said "That's so sweet!"
"Shall I sleep on the sofa?" asked Dylan.
"No, it's okay," I replied, "I've got a huge bed."
We went through to the bedroom and lay on the bed.
"Lenny, I know you're feeling bad about your mum right now, but I'm glad you came."
I turned to look at Dylan, "So am I Dylan. Today I didn't want to get out of bed, I couldn't face the day without you."
"You've been a good friend to me Lenny, but now it's more than that... I love you Lenny. You mean more to me than any gymnastics scholarship."

I took him in my arms and we kissed. "I love you too Dylan." I replied. Later, as we drifted off to sleep in each others arms I heard him say, "So do you want 4 kids or 5?" I kicked him under the covers, "Seven!" I said.

Instructor
#56 Old 10th May 2007 at 10:34 AM
I simply love your rate of update
Keeping fingers crossed for your horse. Tell her we are all cheering for her!!!
@ SkZ: mettiamo subito le cose in chiaro... scordatelo che scappo di casa! :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#57 Old 10th May 2007 at 11:31 AM
There are 11 Chapters sitting on my desktop so I want to get it cleared! But if I'm going too fast I can do 1 a week if you like
Instructor
#58 Old 10th May 2007 at 12:06 PM
Where did I ever wrote you are too fast? I've just said I like your rate of updating
So, be sweet, continue in this way! A help for you to be sweeeeeeeteeeeer!

Instructor
#59 Old 10th May 2007 at 12:11 PM
Patience is a virtue in this case The foal will arrive when the little foal or mare is ready and I am sure the little one will be gorgeous just like their mum or dad. Congratulations romy

Great chapter updates, I am having so much fun :D

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
#60 Old 10th May 2007 at 4:02 PM
Aww lucky you! I love horses! Another great update! I'm glad he didn't leave without her.
Instructor
#61 Old 10th May 2007 at 5:11 PM
Awww, yay! I'm glad he stayed, too, that's sweet. I love the speediness of your updates too!
#62 Old 10th May 2007 at 7:01 PM
wow!
What's next?
Dylan is getting bolder and bolder!

PS4vaalyah: Why not? Let's rock our lifes!
joking!
#63 Old 10th May 2007 at 10:34 PM
WOW.
Exciting
My goodness, I think they just made one of those seven kids x_x
Test Subject
#64 Old 10th May 2007 at 10:46 PM
I must know! Where did you get Dylan's hair? I like this story and his hair is just like awesome +5.
#65 Old 10th May 2007 at 11:01 PM
Your story is fantastic. I'm glad I saw it!
Waiting impatiently for updates!!
Instructor
#66 Old 11th May 2007 at 8:25 AM
Darling, still no news from your horse? I start feeling nervous :err:
@ SkZ: 1) you should already know my actual though...
2) please, don't use things like "4 Vaalyah", abbreviations of that kind aren't allowed by forum rules
Scholar
Original Poster
#67 Old 11th May 2007 at 12:35 PM
Default Chapter 10 - Part One
First of all thanks to all the new readers! This is the final chapter from the contest, if you liked it you should go to the contest thread and check out the other stories A New Chapter. Don't worry, there's lots more chapter to come and I hope they are as enjoyable. P.S. I think Dylan's hair is from Rosesims, but I couldn't get onto her website to check.

Chapter 10 - Part One

Well it's been an eventful year! Where should I start? At the beginning I suppose...

Our second day in the city was a bit of ananti-climax. After all the excitement of running away together reality hit... we had no money, no jobs, and when my dad got back, nowhere to stay. We went out for a walk, that was all we could afford to do! When we got back I phoned mum again. I was kinda hoping she would still be at work, but she'd taken the day off as she was so worried about me.

"Hi mum." I said, "Lenny! For goodness sake, where are you! I've been out of my mind with worry! What were you thinking of, running away?"
Well, you can guess the rest. She put a big guilt trip on me and after some long negotiations I agreed to go home, with Dylan. Mum was so desperate to have me home she agreed to Dylan moving in with us, she even said we could have her bedroom as it has a double bed! Her only stipulation was that we had to go back to school.

Mum was so pleased to have me home she forgot to be angry with me. Phew!

"Mum, me and Dylan were having a chat on the way home and we've decided we don't want to go back to school"
"But Lenny, that was our agreement, Dylan can stay here but you have to go to school."
"I really don't want to go back there, it was bad enough last year, but now they'll make my life a misery. We've decided to enroll at the Lakeside College of Further Education, they have alot of good courses there and we can still do our Highers as well."
"Are you sure that's the right decision? The school has a very good reputation."
"We're sure mum, we'll go and see the Rector tomorrow and see what courses we can take."

And so our lives settled down for a period. I was studying for my highers and doing a HND in Design, Dylan was studying Sports Science and practising his gymnastics in his spare time. Our fortunes were starting to look up, Dylan was spotted by the trainer at West Shore Gymnastics Club and was awarded a scholarship. He gets free coaching and teaches the younger gymnasts after school and at weekends, he very busy between that and his studying but he loves it. And I put an ad in the local paper for doing clothes alterations and I've started to build up a little client base. The only thing that was bothering us was that we weren't a "proper" couple yet. With mum sleeping in the next room it put a dampner on our passion.

However that soon changed! Mum went for a night out in the city with her old friends and we had the house to ourselves. I cooked us a romantic candlelit dinner then Dylan led me to the bedroom...

I'm not going to say it was amazing, awkward and fumbling are the words that come to mind! But it was also tender and loving and definitely a night I would cherish.

We decided we needed our own space and between Dylan's scholarship and my sewing we had enough money to rent a small apartment in town. Mum had a tear in her eye as she said goodbye, I think she realises her little girl has become a woman.

Our new apartment was a bit of a dump but we bought some paint, and with a bit of elbow grease it scrubbed up alright. To be honest we didn't care, we were just happy to be together.

We soon settled into a routine, Dylan had to get up early for his gymnastics before going to college, then had to teach after his classes had finished. Sometimes he was exhausted by the time he got home, but he never complained. I spent alot of time studying and sewing, I'd even started making evening dresses for some of my clients.

About 6 weeks after we moved into our apartment I started feeling ill. I thought maybe I'd been overdoing things, but after 2 weeks I wasn't feeling any better so I decided to go to the doctor. He took some blood samples and told me to phone is a week for the results.

"Hello, this is Lenny Devaney, I'm phoning for the results of my blood tests."
"Hold on one minute please." said the receptionist. "Okay, here they are. Can you just confirm your details please."
I recited my details over the phone.
"Well Lenny I'm pleased to tell you the results are positive."
"Positive! What do you mean positive! Positive for what?" I asked worriedly.
"Your pregnant!" she replied.
"Pregnant! How can I be pregnant!" I shreiked down the phone.
"Well I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that!"
I slammed down the phone in shock!

What was I going to do? How could this happen now, when things were going so well...

I waited nervously for Dylan to come home...

"Hi Lenny, are you okay?" he asked as he came through the door.
"Umm, yeah, I think so." I mumbled.
"What's up, did you get your results today? Was everything okay?" he asked worriedly.
"Well... you could say that. I'm not ill."
"Then what did the doctor say? You've got me worried!"
"......... I'm pregnant!" I finally blurted out, and burst into tears.

He gave a whoop and grabbed me in his arms. "Are you happy about it?" I asked.
"What do you think!" he replied, I looked into his grinning face and saw my answer. "What about you?" he asked. "You don't look so happy."
"It's not that I'm not happy, I was just worried that you would be upset or be mad at me."
"Look at me!" he said, "I could never be mad at you!"

That night we lay in bed and discussed the future. Dylan washed all my fears away, he had an answer for all my doubts. I went to sleep feeling happy and at peace with the world.

The next day Dylan came home early from college. "I'm going to cook dinner tonight, I want it to be special." he said. "I've made you an appointment at the hairdressers for 4 o'clock, so you clear out and let me get cooking!"

When I got back he was all dressed up and I could smell the delicious smell of Italian coming from the oven. "Dinner will be in an hour." he said, so I headed to the bedroom to get ready. When I came back the table was set. We sat down to eat but I could see he was looking nervous. "It's delicious!" I said.
"It's not the food I'm worried about!" he repied and pulled a box from under the table. "Go on, open it!"
I could hardly contain my excitement as I opened the box and saw the beautiful diamond ring inside. I took it out and slipped it on my finger.
"I take it that's a yes then?" he smiled at me.
"Yes!" I replied. "But how could you afford it?" I asked.
He hung his head and looked a bit guilty, "You remember mum's car, the one we borrowed? Umm... well, I sold it."
"What!" I laughed.
"She's can't drive it so I thought I may as well put it to good use!"

Next day I phoned mum and invited her over. I wanted her to be the first to hear our good news. She saw the ring as soon as she walked in.
"Oh Lenny, are you sure you're doing the right thing? Don't you think you're rushing things?"
"Mum, I've got some more good news for you." I replied, "You're going to be a granny!"
"What!" she screamed. "Have you lost your mind! You're just a child yourself!"
"I'm sorry you feel that way mum, but it's what we want."
"But will it still be what you want when you're stuck at home with a baby and all your friends are out partying?" she asked.
"Yes, mum, it will!" I said firmly.
I made us some coffee and she finally calmed down. By the time she left I think she was secretly excited about becoming a granny. She gave me a big hug, "Remember and take care of yourself" she said, "And if you need anything, don't hesitate to call."
I knew then it was going to be okay.

Dyaln is the doting father-to-be. He can't spend enough time talking to the baby and running round after me. He won't let me lift a finger whilst he's at home, long may it continue!

I went out for a walk one afternoon to get some fresh air, I'd spent all morning sewing and wanted to stretch my legs. I looked up and walking towards me was Dillon. My heart gave a little flutter, he was still as cute as ever, but he put his head down and walked straight past me.

I was shocked. It made me realise how much I had grown-up in the past year. Dillon may be cute but he's weak and shallow, not like my Dylan. It made me appreciate even more what we had. When I got home I told my baby how much he or she was loved and promised to take care of her/him just like my mum had with me.
Scholar
Original Poster
#68 Old 11th May 2007 at 12:36 PM
Default Chapter 10 - Part Two
Chapter 10 - Part Two

My bump was getting bigger by the day and we knew we had to arrange the wedding soon. As it was summer we decided to get married beside the lake and we set about making the arrangements. We didn't want a big wedding, and we certainly couldn't afford one! So we just had a quiet ceremony with Mum and Julie, Dylan's sister, as the only guests.

I made my own gown, in pink as I didn't think white was very suitable given the circumstances! And I also made dresses for mum and Julie. The ceremony was very moving and romantic, with pink rose petals showering us as we said our vows.

Afterwards mum took us out to dinner at the (one and only) hotel in Lakeside. We certainly turned a few heads that day, though I'm sure that was more to do with my large bump! We couldn't afford a honeymoon but we didn't care, things like that don't matter when you're young and in love.

Anyway, to bring us up to the present, a couple of days ago I had a sore back. I tried to rest but I couldn't get comfortable, no matter which position I lay in. I got up to get a glass of water, when suddenly a band of pain gripped my stomach.

It took my breath away. "Dylan!" I gasped, "I think the baby's coming!"
"Are you sure?" he asked, "It's not just heartburn again?"
"No it's not!" I gasped through gritted teeth as another wave of pain swept over me.

"Oh my god!" he yelled, "What shall I do? Should I call an ambulance? Or should I boil some water? Do you need some towels?"
"Calm down!" I said firmly, "I'm having a baby not a heart attack. Call the midwife, the number's next to the phone."

I started to waddle through to the bedroom to get my overnight bag. Another contraction gripped my stomach and I felt the overwhelming urge to push. "Dylan! Tell her the baby's coming now! I'm not going to make it to the hospital!"

Luckily in a small town like Lakeside it doesn't take long to get anywhere so the midwife arrived quickly.... and half an hour later our little angel Eve arrived, healthy and hungry! And a big set of lungs on her!

So... it's been a busy year for us, the Owen Family, gymnast, fashion designer, and little angel.

Inventor
#69 Old 11th May 2007 at 2:44 PM
Awww, that's so sweet! Eve is beautiful too!
#70 Old 11th May 2007 at 3:45 PM
OoOo, I've just started reading this, and I really love it.

Brilliant story .
#71 Old 11th May 2007 at 4:59 PM
How sweet! Eve looks just like her mommy! Great chapter!
Field Researcher
#72 Old 11th May 2007 at 5:52 PM
I love his face when she's in labor....reminded me of my husbands.
Great chapter....look forward to more. Hope your horse is ok.
#73 Old 11th May 2007 at 7:51 PM
So cute!
I'm happy for Lenny.
Instructor
#74 Old 11th May 2007 at 10:18 PM
Awwww :lovestruc What a jam packed chapter update that was romy, Dylan and Lenny look so happy with their little one.

Has your horse foaled romy? (Sorry if its not correct terminology)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Scholar
Original Poster
#75 Old 11th May 2007 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auroraspirit

Has your horse foaled romy? (Sorry if its not correct terminology)

I laughed when I read that, my horse is actually called Romy (in case you hadn't guessed by my username!) my husband thinks it's weird that everyone online calls me romy!

But no, she hasn't foaled, we thought she was about to but it must have just been the foal turning into position, that can happen 2 hours or 2 days before the birth. So I'm hoping for a phone call tomorrow morning!

Anyway, I'm just getting the pictures ready for the first new chapter, I hope everyone enjoys it.
Page 3 of 13