Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 8:07 PM
Poor Amanda... but it is good they're friends. Keep it up, this story rocks!
Advertisement
#27 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 10:43 PM
hiya just read chapter 1 to 2 and love the story i cant wait till the nxt chapter!!
Original Poster
#28 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 10:45 PM
Wow that was quick lol!

Loco: Thanks, man! You rock!
banana: Well, thank you very much and I hope you keep reading!
#29 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 11:35 PM
Love it
I'm glad that Amanda and Audrina became good friends.
Original Poster
#30 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 3:27 AM
Thanks Dragon Guardian! Sorry it's so short though. Lol it's always the extreme opposite with me. It's either really long or really short. :nyah: Glad u liked it!
#31 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 3:30 AM
I found your story through your comment on Gallowsraven's story. I can't wait to see what happens next!!!
Original Poster
#32 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 8:52 PM
Default Chapter 3 ~ A Bump in the Night, Pt. 1
Thanks Waterflame! I hope you continue to keep reading! Here's chapter 3. I hope you all like it!

Chapter 3 ~ A Bump in the Night

Audrina woke up one night with another one of her nightmares. She had been having the same dream over and over again ever since the first night she came to the group home. She sat up in bed, rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, and let out a heavy sigh. She looked around the room, even though there wasn't much to look at, but the sleeping figure in the bed across the room. She wondered how her friend could sleep so peacefully every night in this hell hole.

"Great. Now I have to pee," she said annoyingly to herself. She got out of bed and tip-toed her way down the hall and over to the bathrooms, but when she approached the swinging door, all she could hear were groans and the sound of somone kicking.

She attempted to open the door to see what was going on, but before she had the chance, the door flung wide open and a girl ran out, almost knocking Audrina over. "Wait! Are you ok?" she called out to the girl, but the girl ran to the staircase to go downstairs instead of taking the elevator.

Just as she stepped inside the restroom, she saw a girl lying rock-still on the ground. She recognized the girl immediately. The girl's name was Michelle. She was fairly new there and couldn't keep a friend to save her life on account of her optomistic personality, which made the girls there very annoyed.

Audrina ran over to Michelle and said her name, but she didn't answer. She had bruises all over her face and her forehead was bleeding uncontrollably. "Michelle?" she shook the limp body again. Still no answer.

Audrina could feel her heart beating a mile a minute. What do I do? What do I do? she thought. She then realized what she had to do. It was the only thing to do. She couldn't leave her here, pretending that she didn't know anything about this. Audrina jumped up from the cold tile, ran out of the restroom and down the long, dark hall, screaming, "Help! Somebody help! Please!"
Original Poster
#33 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 8:58 PM
Chapter 3 ~ A Bump in the Night, Pt. 2

Audrina was called to the office that next morning. She sat in the waiting area as Ms. Mumford spoke with the girl Audrina saw running out of the restroom that night. She sat there in sorrow. She felt bad that she wasn’t there to defend Michelle. She didn’t know her that well, but knew she was a very sweet person. She promised herself she would make an effort to get to know her better when she gets back from the hospital.

The girl came out of Ms. Mumford’s office and went into the library. She didn’t even look at me. How can somebody be so cruel? I bet she feels no remorse at all. She thought.

Ms. Mumford came out of her office and called Audrina inside. Ms. Mumford sat at her desk and stared inexplicably at her. “Audrina, do you know why you’re here?” she asked.

“No.”

“Well, let me tell you then. I just spoke with Trina, and she told me that she saw you physically fighting with Michelle last night. She ran to my bedroom last night and was extremely upset at what she had seen. Now you explain yourself, Ms. Syler!”

“What?! But I didn’t…I didn’t do anything! It was her! I saw her beat that girl up! As soon as she saw me she ran out of the restroom!” Audrina exclaimed, more upset than ever.

Ms. Mumford scowled. “Really, Audrina! You expect me to believe you? Does that explain why her blood was on your hands?”

“It must’ve gotten on me from when I touched her,” she thought out loud. “I swear, Ms. Mumford. I didn’t do anything!”

“Audrina, I can’t have this sort of behavior happen again! I have made arrangements for you to be transferred to another home. I’m afraid you are no longer welcome at Arbor Dale Group Home. Follow me,” she said, sternly and walked out of the office.

Audrina followed her into the front area. Ms. Mumford turned abruptly towards her and said, “Wait here while I call for a taxi. Someone will be down in a minute with your things all packed.”

"Wait, is Michelle ok?"
"No. She's in a coma," said Ms. Mumford in disgust. She then spun on her heels and walked back into her office.

In a coma?! Audrina sat tautly in the chair. She looked over at the main entrance then quickly scanned around the room. The room was empty. She thought of escaping, except that the very thought made her extremely nervous. But I have to! She thought. I’m not going to another group home. The thought of her attending elsewhere made her blood boil. Her skin felt hot and her face turned red. Next thing she knew she was dashing rapidly out the door.
#34 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 10:36 PM
Woot, cliffhanger! I really hope the girl who really beat up Michelle gets in trouble....good update!
Instructor
#35 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 11:14 AM
Agh, poor Audrina, that's so unfair! I hope she gets somewhere safe, and that Michelle's okay... she seemed sweet. Great chapter, update soon!
P.S. You rock too! :D
Original Poster
#36 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 1:11 AM
Incomplete: Thank you very much and I hope you keep reading! :wave:

Loco: Thanks! I know. I hate to have to keep doing these things to her, but then again...life sucks. :shrug:

More comments are welcomed...please! :err: I don't want to have to end the story if people aren't liking it.
#37 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 4:33 PM
Once again lm hooked! l for one would really like you to continue this story.

Lace.
Original Poster
#38 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 7:49 PM
Aww thanks Lace! I'm glad to know people are still liking this story. :elephant: I will keep writing, but the next update will take a little time. I hope you keep reading! :wave:

Also I did change the name of the story. It is now called Audrina. It will be the first novel of a series so after I finish this one, I will make a sequal and so on. Keep checking for updates!
Test Subject
#39 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 8:40 PM
I just caught up on everything... great updates!! I feel bad for Audrina.... I hope she can get out of there ok

Original Poster
#40 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 12:23 AM
Thank you very much, Plumeria! :banana: I don't know when I'll be able to post the next chapter. I'm having a little bit of difficulties, but I'll try to post it sometime this week and if not, then by next Monday definitely! Can't wait for your update! :nod:
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 3:58 AM
This is a very good story so far! I love Audrey's expressions, they're so realistic. I can only find one problem, or rather, the same problem twice. In chapter 1, part 2, and in ch. 2, you switch from third person to first person...it's a small thing but I am obsessive about that type of thing. But other than that, it's fantastic, and I can't wait for the next bit!

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
Original Poster
#42 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 5:20 PM
Omg! I can't believe I didn't even catch that! :doh Thank you for pointing that out! I'm glad you still liked it though. Yeah, I loved Audrey's expressions, too! A lot of times her expressions just came at the right time without me even trying to get her to look like that!

I'm working on chapter 4 right now and I'll try my best to post it tomorrow I was going to try to post it today, but I ran into some problems.
Original Poster
#43 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 3:27 AM
Default Chapter 4, Pt. 1 ~ Hero
Here's chapter 4! Sorry it took so long. It seems like I was up all night and all day working on this. :coffee:

Chapter 4 ~ Hero

It was a long, dismal day that made Ethan just want to go home and crawl into bed. The outcome of the day left him unemployed and penniless. The familiar questions of how he was going to pay his bills once again came to mind as he turned the corner of 42nd street.

As he approached a stop sign, he saw something out of the corner of his eye. He turned to his right and noticed someone lying in a dark alley. Normally he wouldn't have given it anymore thought due to the alley being a popular place for the homeless guys to sleep, but this time what Ethan saw wasn't just any other homeless guy. It was a young girl.

Ethan slowly pulled over and put his emergency blinkers on as he got out of his truck and tip-toed his way to the girl. Not knowing if the girl was dead or not, he knelt down in front of her to see if she was moving. He let out a strong sigh when he noticed the rising and falling of her chest inhaling and exhaling with air.

"What should I do?" he asked himself as he contemplated on his next move. He hurriedly looked around the alley, which was filled with old bags, empty aluminum cans, two dumpsters down the way, trash was scattered everywhere as if a twister had just rushed through here, and of course there were a couple of homeless guys across the way.

Without hesitating, he carefully scooped the girl in his arms without waking her and carried her to his truck. He didn't know if she was under age or not so he didn't want to take her to the police and if he took her to the emergency room, they would be there all night long. There didn't seem to be anything physically wrong with her, but then again, how could he tell?

There was only one logical thing to do and Ethan prayed to God that that was the right decision to make.
Original Poster
#44 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 3:28 AM
Default Chapter 4, Pt. 2 ~ Hero

Blinded by the bright sunlight, Audrina slowly pried her eyes open to the bare, grungy walls that stood all around her. She quickly rose from the raggedy blue, striped couch and looked around what seemed to be a living room.

Scared and confused, Audrina ran to the front door, but before she could even open the door she heard a man’s voice behind her. “Hey. Where you goin’?” he asked.

She spun around and stood in a fighting stance. “Who are you and why am I here?” she asked, which sounded more like a demand.

“I saw you sleepin’ in the alley last night. I didn’t know if you were ok so I brought you here.”

“Well, if you think that I’m gonna return the favor by sleeping with you then you got another think coming!”
“Whoa, whoa! Wait a minute now! I’m not expecting anythin’! I just didn’t want you to be out there all alone like that. That ain’t exactly a safe place for you to be, you know?”

Audrina frowned. “I can take care of myself!” she snapped.

“Chill, girl! No one said you couldn’t.” Ethan stared at the girl and then chuckled to himself. “You actually thought that I was going to hurt you?” he laughed some more, this time a little louder. Audrina glared at him. “I can’t even kill a spider without feeling bad! But uh…don’t tell anyone I told you that, though.” He said with a smirk.

Audrina studied Ethan. She was starting to realize that this city was full of people who looked extremely different from the people that she grew up with. She had to admit he didn’t seem that dangerous. “Wait a minute,” she said, putting her hand out to prevent Ethan from coming any closer. “You still didn’t answer my question. Who are you and why didn’t you just take me to the hospital or something like any other normal person would do?”

“’Cause I ain’t normal,” he said matter-of-factly. “And I’m Ethan,” he added. Audrina couldn’t help but to smile at his dimwitted charm.

Audrina wandered around the living room, looking at whatever that was there to look at, which was not much. Ethan continued to stare at the girl. There was something about her that was mesmerizing. “You never told me your name,” he said, hoping she trusted him enough to give him that much.

“Audrina. Audrey, for short,” she replied, still studying the room.
Ethan nodded. “So tell me…Audrey…Why were you in the alley late at night like that? I mean where do you live? How old are you?”

“Whoa ok, Columbo! Calm down with the questions there.”

“Sorry,” said Ethan. “I’m just curious.”

“Curious, huh? You don’t care! No one in this damn city cares!”

“Ok. I’m sorry I asked. But I am curious. It’s not every day that I walk across a girl in the alley. I’m just worried about you,” he said apologetically.

Audrina stared at him incredulously. “Fine,” she said after what seemed to be an hour to Ethan. “I was in the alley because I didn’t have anyplace else to go. I use to live at the Arbor Dale Group Home for Girls, but I ran away when they tried to transfer me to another home after I witnessed a brutal fight. And I’m sixteen.”

Ethan stared in awe. “Why would they kick you out for witnessin’ a fight?” he asked.

“One of the girls ended up in the hospital and the other girl told the headmistress that I did it,” she said.

“Did you?”

“No! Do I look like somebody that would hurt someone?” she asked.

Ethan stared. “Yeah.” Audrina smiled. “Look, I’m hungry. Wanna go get somethin’ to eat? My treat.” he asked. Audrina nodded.

Audrina was surprised by his generosity. “Thank you,” she said. Ethan smiled and he excused himself to put on some clothes. By the time he came out of his room, Audrina was now on the verge of starvation.

“Ready?” he asked her as he grabbed his wallet. Audrina nodded. “Maybe get you some new clothes or somethin’ ‘cause honestly girl, I’ve only known you for half a day and I’m already sick of that black tank top and those awful plaid pants!” Audrina finally laughed as they walked out of the apartment.

Thanks for reading! Comments (good or bad) are very much appreciated!
Instructor
#45 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 10:02 AM
Eeeeeee! I love Ethan, I want to keep him! Absolutely fantastic update, it's good to see things are looking up a little for Audrina. I loved that whole conversation so much! :D
#46 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 3:43 PM
Wow! Great update, just blurring weird things out: I think Ethan and Audrina make a good couple, I know i'm crazy...:D
#47 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 3:44 PM
And the pictures look very, very realistic!
Original Poster
#48 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 7:21 AM
Loco: Ah thank you! I like Ethan, too. :lovestruc I wanted to show how different they were from each other.
ChrstyFarie07: Thank you! I'm really glad you liked it! You really think that they would make a cute couple? :idea: Well, we'll see how things work out between them.

Wow, when did I become Minor Leaguer?!
Original Poster
#49 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 7:52 PM
Hey Loco! I just realized what you said! Do you really want Ethan? Cuz if so, then you can have him. Just tell me how to do that exactly cuz I don't know how to. :shrug:
Instructor
#50 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 7:59 PM
Heehee, no worries - I have a habit of saying that about things I like. Can I just virtually have him? (I have no clue how to do it either!)
Page 2 of 17