Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 6:25 AM
The Sims Way of Life *The end*
Not sure if this has been done before but i'm basically just following what my sim does and write what i presume her opinions would be on what happens to her. I really liked the idea of this story when i started but now i'm concerned it may be a little boring. I'll put my story up so far and see what you readers think anyway so i really need feedback on this one

I've chosen to put it under comedy, it's not hilarious but it seemed the best fit at the time.

Here we go :

Chapter one:

Hi
My name is Emalita Rose and I’ve just bought a fully furnished little house in Simvalley Heights.

I just arrived here today and already I’ve found myself a job. No interview or anything!
I came here to break into the music industry but right now I need to start earning money so I’ve taken the position of ‘Adventurer!’ LOL
Well it was that or a drive through clerk.
It pays $172 a day so that’s not bad.

There’s a treadmill in my spare room and I was jogging on it when the neighbours came to introduce themselves.

What a nice impression on my first day here…or so I thought. Also I don’t mean to sound shallow but these people could do with a serious make-over.

Anyways I’ve barely finished shaking their hands before they invite themselves in! That’s not the ‘norm’ where I come from but I choose to go with the flow and make some lunch.

After we finish eating the lovely neighbours of mine leave their plates on the floor and start poking around my new home so I figure I’ll leave them to it and I go outside and lay on the front lawn for a bit.

I’m not usually such a doormat but I’m new to the area and haven’t sussed out the people or the town yet…I mean, they could be crazy for all I know. For now I’ll let them do their thing and maybe they will find nothing exciting to see, or steal, and be on their merry way.

So I’m laying on the lawn and some girl walks into my yard. Doesn’t say hello or anything just sighs, puts her hands on her hips and walks off?!?!

I get up, bewildered, go back inside only to find puddles of water all over the floor!!

Who are these people?? Who walks into your home uninvited, pokes around a bit and then start throwing water bombs at each other??

‘That’s it! Everybody out’ I yell.

Too bad if they’re crazy. First thing tomorrow I’m putting locks on my doors. But for now I think I’ll watch some TV and go to bed. I have an early start in the morning.
3 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 6:33 AM
Default First day on the job..
This uniform is so not me. Pity I can’t choose my own. This isn't exactly what i thought I'd be wearing on my first day as an Adventurer.

Well that wasn’t so bad. The car that picked me up and dropped me off was in bad shape though.

One week later..

I have a little bit of money in my savings account. I really need to start decorating this house. It could seriously do with some new furni and a plant or 2.

I’ve noticed the paper boy always hangs around. Maybe he’s lonely?

I’ve had the lounge and kitchen remodeled. It feels so much better in here now, more like home.

I finally have a ‘free’ day off today and I’m going clothes shopping! I badly need some new clothes and I haven’t had a chance to check out the town yet.

Look at that! A spot right in front of the store! When does that ever happen?

I met another neighbour today, April. Someone who didn’t just wander into my house uninvited. She actually smiled and waved.
She seemed ‘normal' enough so I took the risk and invited her in and made us some grilled cheese sandwiches.

April is a few years older than me, married to a guy named Pheonix and owns 2 dogs.
I gave her my impressions on the neighbours and she laughed, telling me I’ll get used to it, that it’s a sweet safe little town and the worst thing that’s ever happened is a few burglaries and the occasional fire usually started by someone burning their dinner.
Sounds like Pleasantville..
Well she seems nice enough I guess and I don’t know anyone else here. She did give me a cold though.

I’ve been promoted! To a spelunker ??!! Whatever that is.
All I know is I’ll be exploring dark caves throughout the world. Somehow all in an 8 hour shift. Well ..it will be an experience and it pays $225 a day and that’s nothing to sneeze at.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 6:38 AM
Default The flu and mutant bird
God I feel like crap
Can’t really call in sick, not on my first day as a Spelunker!

I was so tired when I got home I collapsed on the lounge and fell asleep in my uniform.

As much as I love my new house I’m feeling a little lonely. Not much on the ‘cute guy’ scene. I think I’ll buy a pet.

I think I’ll get a bird. At least I can teach it to talk and they don’t take too much to look after.

I bought a cage, made a quick phone call and I now have a beautiful parrot I named Piper.

Did I get some mutant bird?? This bird knows how to open doors including the garage!!

All day I hear it…. open, close, open, close.
She is gorgeous to watch though.
#4 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 6:38 AM
Haha. This is great. I often wonder what the heck Sims are thinking when they do the stuff they do. Keep it up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 6:51 AM
Default I think i need a career change
Environmentalists let me drop into a cave today leaving me with a hospital bill of $275! Bastards!

I was thinking about telling them where to stick their job when they promoted me yet again!
A little change of pace, a deep sea excavator with a pay rise of $415 a day and a bonus of $830!

I bought a new bed with the bonus and finished redecorating my bedroom. I’m really not keen on the bed that was here on arrival. I mean..God knows where it’s been.

I’m bored. I mean, I know have an exciting job and all but I need a social life, I need to let my hair down!

I called April she say’s she’ll meet me at club called Coogie’s. Apparently it’s THE place to be. Probably because it’s the only one in town.

Now I can finally get the chance to wear the new outfit I bought recently. I’m so excited, I hope I look ok.

I meet April there and she’s wearing the exact same outfit I saw her in when we first met. Actually I wouldn’t call it an outfit it was just casual/everyday wear. Come to think of it, most of the other people there were dressed like that too.

This ‘big night out’ I had in mind didn’t exactly turn out that way. For one I seemed to be the only person dressed for the occasion. And 2 No-one else seemed to know what they were doing. It was like they’d never seen a dance floor before.
I got bored dancing by myself that I went for a drink at the bar.

April suggested we go and see what band was playing in the other room.
For a club that didn’t appear to attract many people it sure was massive.

The band was actually pretty good. Even better so was the guitarist
Cute too.

‘I think he’s looking at you’ April nudged me.
I hoped he was, I felt like I’d died and gone to heaven.

When the band had finished and was packing up I thought I’d try my luck back on the dance floor.
But another drink or 2 first.
Now I may be wrong but I think someone slipped something in my drink because I swear I saw a robot getting jiggy with it on the dance floor.

Well if you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em I say!

The night did pick up a little. Especially when Mr. Guitarist approached me :D

I couldn’t believe it. He strode right up to me took my hand, kissed it then said something along the lines of…'You’re the girl I’m going to marry’!

I wouldn’t normally fall for such a line but this guy was HOT!

I gave him a wink before rejoining April on the dance floor, but this guy persisted.
I eventually gave in when April went home and joined him in the lounge area. Turns out we had quite a lot in common. Particularly music of course.

I found out his name is Dave Valentine and he’s 25. He lives alone in a house owned by his Aunt who is currently touring the world , Manages a second hand record store and plays small gigs every other weekend.

Dave seemed like a genuine guy and I agreed to see him again. He gave me a gentle kiss goodnight and said he’d call me the next day.

When I got home I went to check on Piper, only to find her dead in her cage. Dead! I wasn’t gone that long and I made sure she was fed before I left. So much for not taking much to look after.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 7:00 AM
Thanks Jenna-cide, That was quick btw I hadn't even finished posting my chapters
Well that's it for now until i hear some FB The i'll decide wether it's worth continuing or not
oh and i'm not using any poses etc or moving my sims, i'm trying to keep is as real* as possible

*real being in the sims way
#7 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 7:05 AM
Haha. I love reading, and its cool that your poses are genuine.
Finally she met a guy. :D
But her poor bird!!! NO!!!

Well I hope you continue.
^^
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 9:44 AM
Really great story hope u update soon :D
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 8:16 PM
Starwyn!...great to see you back....fun story so far, poor Piper.......you may need a hack for that, lol....looking forward to updates!!!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 7:02 AM
I'm glad you like it so far, i'll give it another day and see if anyone else reads it before i decide to keep going or not
Instructor
#11 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 7:14 AM
Great idea! Nice story...
#12 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 6:02 PM
This is hilarious!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 2:02 PM
I will get back to it soon. Daughter sick with the flu poor little bugger
Instructor
#14 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 3:29 PM
Heeeey! I don't care if this looks boring, it's not! I like it! Keep it coming!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Instructor
#15 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 10:39 PM
Her life seems very interesting, I wonder how the romance is going to go :luff

Auroraspirit :angel:
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 11:34 PM
awh the poor parrots cage was all dirty D=
haha i LOVE this story already!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 5:13 AM
Default Just get's weirder
7.01 am I’m woken by the phone ringing . It was Dave telling me he couldn’t wait to see me again.

Said he couldn’t sleep properly because he was thinking about me all night. I told him to call me back at a reasonable hour.
Yes I know it was sweet and all but I am so not a morning person. Plus my bird had just died. I also had to work today and I was feeling pretty hung over.

Why does my boss insist I wear my uniform TO work?
I look ridiculous!

It had snowed while I was at work and upon my return I find a spa bath sitting right there on the snow covered front lawn. Is it just me or is there something wrong with this picture?

A bunch of roses are beside it with a note which reads something about a dream date and a little gift.
Little!!
There’s nothing little about a spa bath sitting on one’s front lawn.
I turn to go inside wondering what the hell I’m going to do with this spa, It certainly won’t fit in my bathroom that’s for sure, when I notice the paper boy doing his route as usual. Only this time it’s the middle of winter and he’s wearing his usual shorts and shirt. No Jacket, no gloves, not even a pair of ear muffs.

This place just keeps getting weirder.
I think I need to lay down but first I’ll take a bath then check online and see if any new jobs have come up.

Crap as usual. All there was today was a career in politics or a pickpocket!
Is it legal to advertise a position in the criminal career track??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 5:22 AM
Default A first date
This morning I decided, after much pestering from Dave, to take the day off and spend it with him.

We’re meeting up for coffee first then catching a movie.

As usual there was a spot waiting for me right out front. I honestly can’t complain about that!

While we’re waiting to be served at the café I notice a cat roaming around. Call me uptight but I find that a tad unhygienic. We figured it must be the owners and he (the cat) was pretty friendly so we took a seat at a nearby table.

We’d barely sat down 5 minutes before a complete stranger pulls up a chair and joins us! Now there’s 3 other tables in the coffee shop and more outside so why sit at ours?

I don’t know..Maybe I’m more uptight than I thought I was and the townies here are just friendly?
Dave must have seen the look on my face and suggested we move to one of the tables or benches outside.
It had just come into spring and was reasonably warm outside.

I don’t know what they put in their coffee but at soon as I finished one cup I immediately wanted another one!
They also gave me a bad case of the shakes.

Dave noticed this and suggested we skip the movie and go back to his place where he would cook me dinner.

Dave didn’t strike me as a cook. So this could be interesting…

Back at Dave’s he told me to make myself comfortable while he had a shower.
His place was pretty nice actually, for a man. Tidy too. Definitely a male abode but tastefully decorated.

Once Dave had showered and dressed he began cooking.
I offered to give him a hand but he insisted he had it under control. So I sat at the table and we chatted while he cooked and I watched.

I have to admit, the meal was beautiful….and so was the company. Dave was a true gentleman. I could see he wanted to impress me..and he did!

After dinner Dave lit the fire in the fireplace and we spent the rest of the evening talking on the lounge. We have so much in common. Conversation flowed easily without any real effort at all.

When it was time to leave Dave walked me outside and kissed me, only this time it was passionate and romantic.

I left on a high feeling giddy and lightheaded. And to top it all off nothing weird happened to ruin it! I think I may have met the only normal person living in Simvalley Heights.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 6:55 AM
I know you said you thought the 'sim's way of life' idea might be boring, and I think the idea certainly could be, but the way you've woven it into a story and made it actually just incidental and part of your character's impressions of her new home makes it work really well. This is an adorable story and I like it a lot.
#20 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 4:22 PM
I think its a pretty cool idea, your comments about the strange actions of the sims and their townie friends is funny and I like that there is a story to it as well as just a social commentry. Keep it coming I want to see what happens next!
#21 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 3:54 AM
This is a cute story. I hope you do continue, I'll be keeping an eye on it.
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 9:47 AM
This is so cute, I love it!!
Im looking forward to reading more

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 2:03 PM
Next chapters will be more story like as nothing really odd happened for a change
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 8:13 AM
Default Tv Dinners
Today I had to go on a deep sea hunt to search for some idiot Le Foog who got himself lost at sea. I take a diving expert with me and we end up somehow entangled. Who should come to our rescue but Le Foog himself!
And for some reason this totally embarrasses the ministry of adventure and they fire me!

I was completely humiliated! And to top things off that darn dog had dug up my front lawn again. I haven't actually caught it in the act yet so at least i hope it's a dog!

I worked up quite a sweat after that. I think I’ll take a nice long bubble bath and have some dinner.

I’m getting a bit sick of TV dinners. I wonder if I could squeeze a table in and have some people over and cook a real meal.

I’ll ring April and see if her and Phoenix want to come over tomorrow night.

Ok So that’s all organized. I’ll pull out that table I have stored and see if it will fit, then I’d better search the classifieds yet again and find myself another job.

Finally!! I found a job in the music industry…well it’s only at a record store but still…it’s a start….and it’s keeping money in my pocket.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 8:21 AM
Default Dinner for 4
To be completely honest my cooking skills aren’t really up to scratch so I hoped everyone liked Spaghetti Bolognaise.

They did

And my Le Foog Story was a hit at the dinner table tonight too. It was really nice to have friends over and April is a hoot. She’s always telling animated jokes and comes up with funny little stories and idea’s.

Oh and in case you’re wondering, I hinted to April to ‘wear something nice’.

So we’re sitting in the lounge after dinner and April comes up with this outrageous idea to go roller-skating!
Now let me warn you, by now it’s 11pm, and we’d all had a few drinks. But I’m always up for a bit of fun :D

(sorry for the plumbbob)

It was pretty dead when we got there so we had the rink to ourselves and jumped straight on and started to skate.
But not for long...

Note to self: Alcohol and roller skates do not mix!
Page 1 of 62