Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 12:46 PM
Default Mei-Lin: Return of the Doll.
A/N: Hi everyone, remember me? :3 A while ago I wrote a story: Mei-Lin, Puppet Master. People liked it so much that I then decided I would write a sequel. However, I grew bored with the sims for a long time and uninstalled the entire game. But a few months ago, I suddenly felt like reinstalling. Not to play, but merely to write and take pictures... I suppose I really missed it! So here it is... the sequel to my story. Hopefully you will enjoy this one just as much as the old one. I’ll do my best!

(Before you read this story, it might be best if you read the other one first. I’ll try to make the sequel make sense for those who don’t feel like it, though xD)

Mei-Lin: Return of the Doll.

Prologue.

Tick... tock... tick... tock.

No longer, raindrops tapped her shoulders. No more, they tried to caress her face with their wintry touch. As she shook off the few pearls of water that had nested in her hair and stepped into her little house, she could clearly hear ethereal voices whisper. “No... go back. You do not belong here.”

She snorted, and reached for the golden clock. They had not held her back before — truthfully, why would they now? They were the ones confined by death, while she had easily torn herself free and gone back to the land of the living. This time, she had better plans. This time, she would not fail.

“It is time...”

Ali can be downloaded here.
Rush can be downloaded here. ^^

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 12:49 PM
WOOT! A squel to one of my favorite stories, and looking just as good as the first one did! Glad to have you back and can't wait to see what happens this time :D

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 12:52 PM
Yay Ghanima!! Thank you!!

Glad you're reading this time too! ^^ I'll do my best to make the sequel even more interesting~ n__n

Scholar
#4 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 12:54 PM
I haven't read the first one, but this is great! I'm not a huge fan of horror, but this is just superb
Instructor
#5 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 12:55 PM
Ooh interesting start! I'll have to read your first story!

[btw I love your avvie ]

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 1:02 PM
Annelae: Thank you! Glad you like it so far! ;3 Although Horror is its main theme, it'll also contain lots of Drama (and some Romance bwhaha ;D) I'll make sure to add some flashbacks/memories of the past and former story in the sequel, so it won't be too confusing for you. ^^

cassieandra: Thanks! Hope you'll enjoy the first story too then! And ty for the avatar compliment. I love eyes n__n

Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 2:14 PM
I went back and read your first story. I'm glad I did: it was wonderful. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the sequel - it has a fascinating start so far.
#8 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 2:31 PM
Your first story was absolutely amazing, I can't wait to see how good this one is!
*eee! Yay!* ^_^
#9 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 5:59 PM
Great pictures. Very mysterious beginning. :D
Instructor
#10 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 6:59 PM
Wow! The excitement! Mei-Lin, Puppet Master had to be one of my favourite stories on here, I'm so happy you decided to write a sequel. So far it looks great, really carrying on the same themes and awesome pictures and writing. Can't wait for more! :D
#11 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 7:21 PM
I read the whole first part, and I was so sad it ended. And now it's back! WOOO!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 8:55 PM
didn't read the firtst but this one looks interesting, great pics so far:D
Inventor
#13 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 8:57 PM
OMG, I could hug you for this! I loved the first one and I can't wait for this one.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 9:02 PM
omg it's back! *happy Dance!*

i loved the first one and i'll know for sure i will love this one aswell =3

Visit my Dreamwidth for my latested uploads!
~Babbelsim~
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 9:04 PM
Yay, it's back! =D

I love it already.
#16 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 9:58 PM
Just finished reading your last story. Absolutely amazing! I can't wait to read this one. Not only is the story excellant, but your pictures have a phenomenal quality about them.

I wish I could take pictures that well....
#17 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 10:29 PM
Hooray! A sequel! Your picture taking skills are as awesome as usual.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 4:11 AM
Yay, a sequel! Beautiful pictures, as always, I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 9:20 AM
Wow, I wake up and so many comments are waiting for me!

Thanks for your sweet words everyone! <3 -so happy-

Chapter one should be coming up today. ^^

:valentine

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 6:38 PM
Default Chapter One

Chapter One: Rebirth.

“Once, I loved a woman... with hair like black velvet and inkwell eyes. Her life was the intricate web I wove, with sticky, silken threads that always brought her back to me. But it was not meant to be... she betrayed me with another...”

“Lady... where are you?” his voice whispered creakily. Quickly, he let his lavender eyes flutter from one corner to another. But although her words clearly chimed around him, he could not see her anywhere.

“You will understand... some day. Love will break you too. It is such a cruel thing—”

With nimble fingers, Mei-Lin combed her daughter’s chocolate-coloured locks. She loved the feeling of those soft, thick tresses on her own skin. No one had more beautiful hair than Ali.

“Almost ready now, sweetie,” she whispered reassuringly.

As always, Ali remained silent, doing nothing but blankly gazing toward the bedroom window. Counting the many raindrops, perhaps, that threw themselves at the earth.

She wasn’t a normal girl.

“Huh?”

Abruptly, Mei-Lin pivoted on her left heel. There were muffled sounds coming from the living-room – low whispers, and strange, high-pitched giggling. Her forehead wrinkled into a frown.

“Your brother must be talking to himself again. Or to those imaginary friends of his.”

“You want me to do what?

Well... okay then...”

Sighing, Mei-Lin turned back to Ali, and got ready to cover her with a warm duvet. Her son, Nathaniel, had always been a bit odd after Rush left. Terribly rebellious, introvert and hardly ever acknowledging other people’s presence. It worried her, since he used to be such a sweet child. But she didn’t want to go as far as taking him to a psychologist.

With a small kiss, she parted with her daughter.

“Sleep well... don’t let the dolls bite you...”

When she entered the darkened living-room, Nathaniel’s startled tirade instantly crescendoed in her ears.

“Mom, how many times have I told you not to sneak up on me like that! Not when I’m conversing with them!”

Them. Mei-Lin truly wondered who they were. Every time she asked, the little boy would clench his jaws tightly, and mumble that she couldn’t see them because she was just a dumb adult.

She had to admit that there was something strange with this house. It was filled with this laden, static atmosphere that sent shivers up and down her spine. It almost felt haunted.

‘Not again, Mei-Lin... soon you’ll be seeing living dolls again.’

She shuddered involuntarily. “I’m sorry, honey. I forgot to knock. However, it is bed-time now, your sister is already asleep.”

Nodding his little head, Nathaniel stealthily moved to the door she had just closed and disappeared in the room behind it. He waited a moment, before he said: “This is her... Ali. Can you really use her? I mean... she doesn’t do anything. She is so stupid.”

He did not like his handicapped sister. She was the reason why he never dared bringing friends home, afraid that they would laugh at him. I wish mommy and daddy had never adopted her. Why can't I have a normal sibling?

Tiny worms of light slithered through the air, tickling his back. He loved the prickling sensation of his best friend materialising. Well, maybe Ali would be of use this time. The mysterious Lady had promised to fulfil his wishes after all...

“Yessss. She is perfect.”

“Will... definitely... do.”

#21 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 7:54 PM
Wow! Beautiful simmies you got there!

Update soon!
Inventor
#22 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 8:18 PM
Uh-oh, Motoko's back... Awesome start, and I agree that your sims are gorgeous! :D
#23 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 8:29 PM
Mei-Lin! She looks so much more mature now! Maybe its just me, but its going to take me a while to get use too.

By the way, what is Ali's disability? It didn't say, or maybe I keep skipping over it for some reason.
#24 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 8:45 PM
Oh my god! Wow I love it. ;_;
Alchemist
#25 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 9:34 PM
Eeeek Motoko is corrupting Mei-Lin's son! And Rush left, wow, can't wait to hear that story too. I hope she won't hurt Ali, she seems sweet and rather helpless.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Page 1 of 8