Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 3:28 PM
I'll definitely try this one!
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katalina522
In other news, I have discovered that it might be better to kill your sim and resurrect him/her during childhood before you waste time earning all your skill points.

I've discovered that you can't resurrect a child sim as a zombie... so that wouldn't work. I can see the logic behind your suggestion though.

Also, you only need to get 8 skill points to get the relevant scholarship, so maxing them isn't necessary (unless you want to!).

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Test Subject
#28 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 9:49 PM
Sounds interesting I'll give it a go!
Something that might help with the zombie problem. I found that if your sim is a vampire and applies for a scholarship they also qualify for the undead scholarship so this might help with the losing skills problem :D
Instructor
#29 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shadeythelegend
Sounds interesting I'll give it a go!
Something that might help with the zombie problem. I found that if your sim is a vampire and applies for a scholarship they also qualify for the undead scholarship so this might help with the losing skills problem :D

Oh, good point, but that might give nightlife owners an advantage? (Unless plantsim or the other ones also count?)
Test Subject
#30 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 12:39 AM
I'm gonna try this but I think I'm gonna epicly fail...
Instructor
#31 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 1:00 AM
You don't actually need to kill your teens. Just make them into vampires.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#32 Old 10th May 2012 at 7:19 PM
Skye, I am very impressed. However, I will be doing this challenge the easy way (van Dorn my man, you are a genius)!
Test Subject
#33 Old 11th May 2012 at 10:05 AM
This is my first challenge (and my first post!) and it's so far going well. My girl completed the scholarship requirements for charisma, mechanical, and cleaning before she finished toddlerhood, and now that she's just become a child she's working on cooking. This is so fun and interesting, I can't believe I never thought of trying it! The fact that needs mods are allowed made it easier to focus on keeping the parents' aspirations up so they could feed her smart milk all day long. She ended up learning to walk and talk to keep her from going into aspiration failure, but other than that she just learned constantly for the entire 4 days. She wasn't potty trained and didn't learn the nursery rhyme, but what are you going to do? I really wanted to try and get as much learning in as I could during that time I could use the awesome smart milk plus the quicker learning of a toddler.
Test Subject
#34 Old 11th May 2012 at 7:51 PM
Ooh, I didn't notice that needs mods are allowed. Hmm. I think using needs mods AND aging off might take some of the fun out of it for me. I'm going to be an idiot and try it with aging on! (Are there even enough hours in a Sim day to do this? We shall see!)
Test Subject
#35 Old 11th May 2012 at 10:45 PM
Yes, I'm leaving aging on, trying to accomplish it in "real" sim time. I think if you're diligent, it might just work. I don't know though, we'll see how it happens once she starts working as well as going to school.
Test Subject
#36 Old 12th May 2012 at 8:35 AM
I did it! In "real" time, it is completely possible. She got all the scholarships and she still doesn't become an adult for 12 days. I probably didn't even need to use mood cheats, it seems like I had plenty of time to make this happen. Making her a Knowledge sim was imperative, as that unlocks the Summon Aliens reward and makes getting abducted a lot easier.

I ended up with a few mysteries, like how her mother survived a room with two fireplaces filled with rugs when her father didn't, or how the dog managed to get into a locked room to howl when mom finally died of need failure. This was really fun! I recommend it.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
But for the teen to become a zombie, won't the parents need a Resurrect-O-Nomitron (or whatever that thing is called), which is only available from a career that requires a Diploma. Does that mean we must play the parents first and get them a College Diploma, or is it okay to use mods to get the Resurrect-O-Nomitron? Like using inSIM to either hack their career, unlock the career reward or download a buyable Resurrect-O-Nomitron?

Or you can take other option and use evil witch spell to make teen zombie.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 2:05 PM
If you play with aging on, you could make it always winter that way snow days could give children and teens some extra free time (for skills).
Mad Poster
#39 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 10:20 PM
Honestly, if I were to do this challenge, I would have him befriend a grand vamp and get bitten. Or I'd use one of Pandora's evil spells to turn him into a vamp.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 10:31 AM
Alright I did it and this is a quick challenge. Good for one evening. I made a male cas and moved him into a premade house. He called the adoption agency and was delivered a toddler in the morning. I worked hard to gain skills, taking every moment of every minute. I got 8 skill points in all categories like cooking, mechanical etc. But it was tight to the wire so I had to have him stay home a few days which sadly made it so his grades were just below the A level. He had two full days left at the end but they were sat / sun so he couldn't work to up the grade back. Poor planning on my part. I just didn't have time for the undead and didn't really want to anyways. So it was a good try and something I never did before. I never thought of trying to skill teens for a better scholarship before and I just might do it next time for skills that will be beneficial to their LTW career if they have one.

Thanks for the fun!

Pleasantview challenge my way.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 10:21 PM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 31st Dec 2012 at 10:32 PM.
I have always wanted to try this, I so will soon! It looks so hard, but I love challenges!

Edit: I think, thanks to zombies losing most of their skill points upon resurrection, that I might just put off serious skill building as a toddler and child, focusing on one of the parents getting that thing from the paranormal career in order to resurrect him or her, and make the undead scholarship the first one I achieve, then the skills etc. last orphan
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 2:18 AM
I'm not sure if you read wicked but a vampire can get the undead scholarship too so no need to go through the zombie nightmare of losing skills. I couldn't imagine you would accomplish it if you started skilling as a teenager.

Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 2:34 AM
Thing is zombies don't age so it would be very possible just take awhile
but a vampire...hmm If that works too!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 10:58 PM
Why not adopt a teenager then and head straight into making the sim a zombie. Good point. I have never had a zombie so I didn't know that they don't age.

Oh btw, thanks to all the people who did this challenge before me. Sure helped knowing what you figured out!

Test Subject
#45 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 10:26 PM
I think I'm going to start this one. it doesn't seem too challenging. Just have to wait for my sims 2 to install on my laptop.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 12:29 PM
I'm going to do this one next, I think I've done most of it in regular play anyway, University was my favorite expansion for a loong time!.
I thought it might be fun to add this to the list of scholarships to achieve:
http://www.cyjon.net/node/301
For talent badges! I've used it before its lots of fun.
Page 2 of 2