Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#26 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:24 PM
Why don't you just send Bea to the library instead of the bookstore? The library is free and it has all the gardening books. As for the fishing ones, you don't really have to read them because the more you fish, the more levels you achieve and the more types of bait you are allowed to use. You can catch all the different fish just by using vegetables and other fish as bait and eventually you will reach level 10. The books just make it a little easier but they aren't necessary.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:02 PM
I have a question. Is there a way to sell more than one fruit at once? My sim has seriously 100+ in her inventory and dragging them one by one is getting so old.
Test Subject
#28 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heavenzdvl987
I have a question. Is there a way to sell more than one fruit at once? My sim has seriously 100+ in her inventory and dragging them one by one is getting so old.

There are.. you just go to the store, go on the sell tab and after chosing what to sell you type the quantity you want to sell of that kind.. :D
Test Subject
#29 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heavenzdvl987

Here's another way:

In the upper left corner of the little picture of the fruit/veggie/whatever, there's a little thing that looks like a turned down corner of a page. If you click and drag from that into the sell thing in the inventory, that will sell all of that one item you have.

I hope that makes sense!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:14 AM
Thank you both! Do you get more money if you sell it at the store? Cause I think you get more money if you give animals to the science building than if you just sell it from your inventory.
Test Subject
#31 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 8:03 AM
I'm crazy about the Gem Collecting!
(and my sim is just crazy!)
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:50 PM
Heavenz, thanks that was a big help. I also didnt notice the simoleoun thingy sign in the back pack...duh!

Blue, thanks! i didnt know i could do that. Was just following the game when her wish was to read another book.

on to the story...

Bea wished for a laptop really bad as she doesnt have a tv, but couldnt afford one. She went fishing and fished a laptop in a box out of the ocean. (she got her wish for freee)

She gardened so much that she has level ten on gardening skills. The yesturday she found out by gossip that a new guy moved into town and he is single. His name is Jake and he lives up by one of her favorite fishing holes. So she decided to pretend she was going up there to go fishing when really she was going to look at the new guy.

She finally got up the courage to go talk to him and they hit it off great! She found out he likes to garden, fish and cook just like her. He looks kind of hippie but rather handsome. He has a garden as well with some plants growing and his house faces the waterfall she so loves to look at when she is there. She is hoping to become close friends with him and possibly lovers down the road.

we'll see how this goes....

I am an old dog, learning new tricks!
Test Subject
#33 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:08 AM
I'm doing this. My sim lives in a tree house! I love it, here are some pictures (various stages of completion)

most of her house, lounge/dining etc. is outside so she always has the positive moodlet. I might move her kitchen/bedroom to being partially outside too.
Inventor
#34 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 5:16 AM
Wow! Good idea about a tree house for the loves outdoors sims.
Test Subject
#35 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:29 AM
Well until they introduce weather that is hahah.
Inventor
#36 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lawnbowls
Well until they introduce weather that is hahah.

Oh yeah. I wonder how that is going work since there were always lots of storms in Sims 2 and it was hard to go outside in your yard for too long. My loves outdoors/gardening/fishing sims (I've made all 3 I've created have that trait) are going to get electrocuted all the time on me.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 2:06 PM
Woohoo Bea got married! Only took her having to woohoo Jake for it to happen. lol

She woohoo, dated, engaged and married all in the same day!

anyhow, she has been doing so well in gardening, she can now grow egg plant and cheese plants. She also recently grew a money tree, life and death plants. Though she had to leave those at her old home as she moved in with jake since his house is much larger.

Bea is finally happy, still lives off the land and just recently found out she is pregnant. Her husband Jake doesnt have a job either. His parents died and he inherited thier home and land. So he is rich...even though he wasnt the one to make all that happen...lol.

here is a picture of them at thier private wedding on the beach.

you know its amazing how much money you can get from selling stuff. You really dont have to work if you save your money for things. By the time bea got married and moved she had saved 6,000 simoleons from selling. Plus also she sold some things to diners and grocery store. She also was name olympian in the ameture olymian game.

It was great cause she used that money to buy items for the upcoming baby.
Screenshots

I am an old dog, learning new tricks!
Inventor
#38 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 12:14 AM
I'm happy for your Bea, LadyBea34. Yeah, your sim doesn't have to work at a job to survive in this game, which is great. Not only can you live off gardening, fishing and collecting but you get opportunities from people and businesses in town that make you money. One of my sims got to give a fishing class to businessmen and a charisma training class to the police and got paid pretty good, even though he is an unemployed young adult. :D
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 6:33 PM
Wow, that treehouse looks cool, lawnbowls.

And congrats on getting your self-sim married, LadyBea34. ^.^

Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun with this whole living off the land deal!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lawnbowls
I'm doing this. My sim lives in a tree house! I love it, here are some pictures (various stages of completion)

most of her house, lounge/dining etc. is outside so she always has the positive moodlet. I might move her kitchen/bedroom to being partially outside too.

You should think about uploading that to download if you haven't! I looooooove it!
Test Subject
#41 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 9:13 PM
I tried this, honestly found it pretty boring after a day or so gameplay (had already tried the whole gathering thing with a "normal" sim) The sim was homeless, had the deep sleeper trait and slept on park benches, ate wild apples and lettuice, used public restrooms, did not have a job. The sim is still in my neighborhood and thanks to storymode causing nonplayed sims there are now two kids, and at that point its just silly.
Instructor
#42 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 9:57 PM
Holy crap! That tree house is awesome!

I love my Sim family, but I think I need to try this tonight! (So I can build a beautiful tree house too!)

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 1:55 AM
Is there a chance you will upload that tree house, lawnbowls? I attempted to make my own and then I attempted to replicate yours and well... I suck at scaling. =( I have an outdoor gardening sim that would love that house. :]
Test Subject
#44 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 12:18 PM
Oh sure, I'll do it tomorrow and link to it here. I thought about doing it when I made it but didn't know if people would be interested. = )
Test Subject
#45 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 1:47 AM
Just waiting for approval, i'll let you know when it's accepted.
Scholar
#46 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 3:57 AM
The tree house is so cool. I thought the story about Bea was so cute. The way you all are playing makes the game seem more like Animal Crossing, which is one of my all-time favorite games asides from Sims. I had always missed the way my Animal Crossing guy could make a living off of selling fish. I tried a home business for my country farm family in Sims2 once but even with the Prima guide I just had a hard time making a go of it. This living off the land stuff sounds more straightforward for Sims3 so I think I'll give it a try, too, when I'm done with my current family. I need to wean myself from the motherlode cheat though. I always swear to myself I won't use it and I give in almost immediately.
Inventor
#47 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:17 AM
I still haven't tried the living off the land completely yet, even though I keep planning on it, I can't help but want them to have a decent home after I make them and end up using the familyfunds cheat alot. :D
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 6:59 AM
I can't wait for that treehouse! :D
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
I still haven't tried the living off the land completely yet, even though I keep planning on it, I can't help but want them to have a decent home after I make them and end up using the familyfunds cheat alot. :D

Once my Sim was able to catch Deathfish, she got rich FAST. Seriously, I have more money than I know what to do with. She can easily rake in 15k from a few hours of fishing for these things (she has a pond stocked at her house with them). So yes, your Sim will have to suffer for a couple weeks but they'll make it through. I advise a good bed to be the first expensive purchase, and then a shower. Both with save a LOT of time so your Sim can get out in the world
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 7:50 AM
I use to do something similar in the sims 2. I would create a wooded lot with a fishing hole, a custom waterfall shower, a tent and outhouse, and custom over the fire cooking mods. I then would see if my sim could make it through the winter. I freezed (gr?) to death on more than one occasion.
Page 2 of 3