Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Snoopy and Charlie Brown Designs

by Rabeeto Posted 13th Jun 2009 at 12:11 PM

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 1:34 PM
OMG omg omg omg you've made my night thankyou so much!
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 1:48 PM
good. Nice! thank you
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 3:04 PM
just curious, did you use the pattern tool available in the download and what size did you make your pattern? I'm not exactly very artistic so I'm having to bonehead my way through the thing and my results are... subpar. :p

gah, meant to click feedback. >_<
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 3:28 PM
That's so awesome! Are they easy to make? Since you're asking for designs, is it possible to make a pattern of a cute adorable ferret like this one:http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b...22qoGrML_ph.jpg
?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 3:31 PM
Yeah I just used the Delphy pattern creator. I aways make them 256x256 as thats the default. In order to get the logo sitting in the middle of the tshirt I just made sure that no part of snooby was above the middle of the image. Use a vector drawing program first that helps keep the lines looking smooth.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 4:09 PM
These are fantastic, if you could do some disney characters like donald duck or mickey mouse that would be awesome
Field Researcher
#8 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 5:50 PM
Can you do a Scottie dog pattern please?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 6:15 PM
This is SUPERB! I love graphic tees. And yes, many more is welcomed! Think you can make a 'CHOWDER', 'SCOOBY DOO' and any other Cartoon Network graphic for me?

♥♥♥ajÖya™
.:Simblr:.
I come from a Kingdom far, far, away...
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 7:41 PM
Awesome, any chance of a template .psd or .dds (or even jpg) so others can understand how you did this?

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
George Carlin
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 8:00 PM
I agree! I'd be willing to learn how to make patterns if it would result in getting to have t-shirts with things on them!

Thanks for the design.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 8:31 PM
Ok.

Here's the dds file. I think it can only be downloaded 10 times, I'm not sure how to get around that.

http://rapidshare.com/files/2441853...py_Sit.dds.html

I'll explain how I did because it really wasnt that difficult.

1) Download the image you want to make into a pattern, or you can just draw it if you want. Try to use something with less than 4 distinct colours or you may end up with problems.

2) use a vector drawing program to trace the pattern. You can bypass this step but it will result in a lower quality pattern if you do.

3) print screen it and load it into photoshop or another similar program to sort out the colour channels. (see the tutorial on this site it explains all you need to know). Try to use a file size of 256x256 pixels as this is what delphy's pattern maker uses as standard.

4) To get the logo/graphic to appear central on a t-shirt you need to make sure that none of the image goes above the halfway line as this will result in part of it showing up on the sleeves and keep it to the middle as well, you'll see this if you download the snoopy dds.

Thats all there is to it. takes a little while but it's worth it in the end. Make sure you read the pattern tutorial on the site as well its a lot more in depth.

The only problem is that the image will also appear on the back and there isnt a way round this currently. If anyone can figure that out be sure to get back to me though. Thanks, hope to see some more t-shirt designs appearing up here soon. I'll try and work on some of the requests but I'll stick to the cartoons because I'm not too good with realism.

hope this helps. give me a shout if you guys need anything else
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 9:29 PM
Really cute. Thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 10:20 PM
Cooooooool, nice one, thanks!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 10:31 PM
Thanks for the explanation. I've been wanting to do this myself, but I was at a loss at how to implement it.
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 11:03 PM
Nice!! Thanks ^^
Test Subject
#17 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabeeto
Here's the dds file.

Thanks!!

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
George Carlin
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 11:35 PM
Awesome! thanks! there should be a linus one lol

There is no emotion... there is peace.
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:09 AM
Ooooohhhhhh love Snoopy!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:27 AM
thanks for the quick run through. Now to make some shirts!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:50 AM
One quick question, What category of does it fall under? eg.fabric, geometric,abstract,etc?

♥♥♥ajÖya™
.:Simblr:.
I come from a Kingdom far, far, away...
Instructor
#22 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:16 AM
Thanks for this. It really bugs me that we can't just add a single graphic to the front of a t-shirt. This is a good workaround for now, though.
Eminence Grise
#23 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by girlfromverona
Thanks for this. It really bugs me that we can't just add a single graphic to the front of a t-shirt. This is a good workaround for now, though.

Actually, we can: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=345973 and http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=346220 .

Sounds like there'll be a new tool, new forum section and hopefully a tutorial on it coming out soon.

Props to Rabeeto for figuring out how to do this in CaST though looks great!
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 6:24 AM
Very cool, Thanks. More cartoon characters would be nice.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 8:51 AM
aww i love snoopy
Page 1 of 2