Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Community Garden

by maven2379 Posted 15th Jun 2009 at 6:03 PM - Updated 6th Jul 2009 at 7:01 PM by maven2379 : fix description as fish have gone AWOL :)

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:10 PM
This is Great!
Thanks!

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:15 PM
Thanks you, I'll be replacing one of the parks in SV with this.
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:32 PM
Thanks. This will make a great addition to riverview.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 7:19 PM
Wow, this is awesome. Thank you so much!

~Don't let the voices tell you what to do.~
Instructor
#6 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:11 PM
So...can any sim plant crops at the community garden? Do the plants wither and die eventually?
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:27 PM
I'm also curious about Wndy26's question as well.
I'm also curious as to how you were able to plant seeds/garden-like stuff on a community lot. if possible could you please PM me a tutorial or description as to how to use this ability. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:44 PM
normally...when you harvest from a plant from another lot...it will die...but sometimes they don't...kinda tricky hehe
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:55 PM
Thank you!!! its pretty great! ^_^ I'll be downloading this for sure. I've been wanting to do something like this , with each one of the plants in a community lot, T.T But was too lazy to get my sims to find all the seeds for me to do so....lol...

and ipopart, what you can do is make the lot a residential lot, move in some sims to plant the garden, and then when they move out you can change the lot type to "Community" the plants will stay there, and continue to grow.....
I did this with the regular fruits/veggies on one of my community lots, however I havent tested to see if the plants there will go "Barren" after harvesting too much or not... I know they will grow healthy without anyone to water or take care of them though....

but if somehow they do go barren so you cant harvest them anymore o.O I'd think since its a saved lot, you could just replace it if anything in edit town mode...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:20 PM
I have harvested the plants a few times, they have not died yet, except the death flower bush, that one dies and does not come back.

You can't plant anything on a community lot, I started with a residential lot and did the planting and moved the sim out and changed it to community.

I'm kinda regretting the sprinklers lol, I didn't think about the fact that the plants didn't need care being on a community lot, the sims love those sprinklers!!
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 5:43 AM
I love this lot! Gorgeous!
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 7:51 AM
Awesome!
I was working on something similar, but it was very tedious & boring work. My silly gardening sim just wouldn't get the right gardening opportunities. So thank you very much for this! :D

I have never had any plant from a community lot die on me (yet) except the death flower bush, of course.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 8:42 AM
I have never had a plant die on another lot when my sims harvested it (except the death flower of course). I have a gardening sim, and I send my other sims to her yard all the time to harvest. She has since moved away from that house but the plants are still there and fine. So I'd think you should be able to use this park as it is indefinately unless the rules for community lots are different than residential.
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 11:36 AM
I love the lot, thanks for putting all the work into it. Can you please tell me where you have the lot placed in your game? I've tried to place it in both sunset and riverview and I keep getting 'lot to large' or 'can not place lot here'. Is there something I have to do to get it to place?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 4:10 PM
Side note any one know how, if my sims have to be high lvl gardeners to plant the money tree? and if we put one on community lot, will all sims be able to grab some cash?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 6:20 PM Last edited by maven2379 : 16th Jun 2009 at 6:44 PM.
Thanks guys.

boeketjebloemen: It took my sim forever to get the omni plant, and when I moved him to the garden lot to plant everything he lost his ability to plant cheese, eggs, steaks and patties. I just made a bunch of "green thumb" sims and froze their motives, put them on fast speed and cleaned my own house while waiting for opportunities, so I could plant the cheese and stuff. I made them fish while waiting so that's how the pond got stocked.

blutoad: I have the lot in place of that park area that is between the Landgraab house, and that other house I forget who lives there. I had it in an empty spot in Sunset Valley and I moved it and then was unable to move it back.

EDIT: I just tried in Riverview, and it fits in the empty lot across the street from where the Lessen family lives, you just have to change the lot type before trying to place it.

wendylady: I think any sim can harvest the money trees, and they also sometimes drop seeds, I don't know if they still do it on community lots, the ones I have in the park haven't yet, but the one I had at home only did it once so far.
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 7:21 PM Last edited by kikunohana : 16th Jun 2009 at 7:36 PM.
This is a great lot. I was hoping to make a smaller one. I know you explained in the previous post but can you give us a few more hints on how to make a lot like this? In particular, how do you stock the pond with all fish?

Thanks so much!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 11:42 PM
To stock the pond you need to have 10 fish of whatever species. Once you do, click the pond and it should give you the option to stock it, and let you choose a fish.

I noticed that after I stocked the pond, and clicked "inspect water" that the fish I had just put in only appeared in the section of the pond I clicked when I "stocked" it. If I click on the other end of the pond I had default list of available fish. I just clicked all over when I was stocking it.

Also once you stock a pond the other fish that were available will no longer be available until you stock it with whatever variety.
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 11:11 PM
I have a slight problem. My pond has the default fish. When I was told that there would be all of the fish
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 2:06 AM
I'm not sure why, I stocked it with all fish. I don't know if anything gets lost in the upload, but I have stocked the pond. Try clicking other areas and "inspect", just to see if other fish are shown, if not .... I'm sorry but.... I..... err... well...my sim did stock it with every fish, and it did take quite a while to do so.
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:10 AM
Will there be fish swimming in the part that I need to click to fish?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 6:21 PM
Yes you should see fish swimming in a few areas of the pond.

When I stocked it I noticed that if I would click the left side for example and "stock", that when I clicked on the left side to inspect it would list the fish I just stocked like black goldfish, rainbow trout, and blow fish, but if I clicked the right side of the pond it would list the default fish. When I stocked it I clicked all over the pond and put different fish all over so there would be a mixture of fish in different areas.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 12:14 PM Last edited by tinkerbelljln : 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:51 AM. Reason: Works fine.
If I don't have the door from the EAstore, will this cash my game?

EDIT:Never mind! I put it in and it works fine. It's awesome, thank you sooooo much! :lovestruc

Grateful Downloader
-Jen
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maven2379
I'm not sure why, I stocked it with all fish. I don't know if anything gets lost in the upload, but I have stocked the pond. Try clicking other areas and "inspect", just to see if other fish are shown, if not .... I'm sorry but.... I..... err... well...my sim did stock it with every fish, and it did take quite a while to do so.

I was making a lot with pond, stocked it with all fish types.
I think there is a bug in the game because if you upload it or copy the lot the pond reverts to defult fish.
Not sure why, I have reported to EA.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dxwag
I was making a lot with pond, stocked it with all fish types.
I think there is a bug in the game because if you upload it or copy the lot the pond reverts to defult fish.
Not sure why, I have reported to EA.

It must be a bug, I downloaded my own lot and plopped it down ... default fish!!! I am glad you reported it, and will do the same! I just hope they fix it.
Page 1 of 2