Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:17 AM
A mod that removes the "Only one day left to pay the bills!" message. Then if I forget to pay them, maybe the Repoman will come for once!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phooey
I'd like to see more modding to allow me to play in a TS2 style of switching between the various households of my created sims and playing them each for a few days or a week of in-game time without them aging or doing crazy crap or losing their inventories and whatnot (I'm pretty satisfied with the way awesomemod has been developing in this regard). Something to turn down the amount of money received for selling bugs and a few of the other collectibles, everytime I have a sim catch a bug it's some ZOMG super-duper rare find worth 700 sim dollars. And on the same note something to turn down the rate of career progression, I'm getting promoted all the daggum time. It's too easy to make money in the game, which might not be a problem if there was more stuff to buy (which is really the kind of custom content I want right now, especially decorative items), but there so few things to buy and it's so easy to rack up money, everybody has everything and I have to work to get a bit of diversity. And speaking of diversity, just more of it in all areas, especially animations and interactions.

So tl;dr version: I want mods to facilitate more TS2 style play, to add more challenge, and to add more diversity.

If you want to spend a ton of money real fast, just buy the most expensive car or a business. Also try lowering the sim lifespan, that could compensate for the fast money building. However, I do agree with you. You can do money making things (writing, drawing, etc.) way to fast and than get way too much money from them. With all the spare money I had, I bought half the town.

Quote: Originally posted by Shikonah
That's already in the game -- just stop having them sleep in different beds, and it'll be marked as "theirs" when another person wants to kip in it.

I'd like a way to choose the last name of a family, regardless of who initiates the marriage. Just because I'm controlling the female of the couple and won't risk switching my active household, doesn't mean the groom (or other bride) has to take HER name. (Same with my guy/guy pairs -- I hate this.)

You can go to city hall to change both a sim's first and last name. However it would be nice just to pick the last name right after the marriage instead of going to city hall.

Anyways, I would like to see custom rabbit holes. Maybe even just the doors of rabbit holes, so that way people can make there own building around the door of the rabbit hole. Anyone working on something like this?
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:24 AM
I'd like couples slow dancing again..I miss that. Maybe the romantic embrace action could be modified in some way...
Field Researcher
#29 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
A "Sunday Paper" -- a mod that reports all story progression news for the previous 7 days in one sitting with the Sunday paper.

That would be totally FABULOUS, mangaroo! I get really tired of all the freakin' newspapers stacking up on my Sim's lawn every day. Then they go out side and get a bad moodlet from dirty surroundings.

Frankly, I'd like a pop-up whenever somebody new moves into the neighborhood, or is born, so that I can have the option to go and visit them
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:46 AM
Unfortunately 2 things that are really annoying me right now, I don't know if there can be a fix for. The pathing is one. Second are reading books. Maybe its just me but whenever I leave my sims to their own devices they always seem to read a book, and the same one. over and over. Its driving me nuts. I know it does have something to do with their personality as my virtuoso sim will do nothing but play his guitar 24/7 (which I wish I could stop as well lol). Feels like I need to control everything my sims do or they won't do anything useful after they've taken care of their needs.

As for something doable: a mod to speed up or reduce the need for sims to spend most of their lives sleeping, peeing, etc. I don't want to outright cheat but it seems my sims don't have time for anything else after they finish work/school. Only time my sims really have for socializing or skilling are their days off.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:48 AM
Faster painting!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 2:41 AM
I'd like to see something that stops Sims from:
1. Walking away after they make a group meal- grab a plate, stupid!
2. Walking away from their toddler after they feed it in the high chair! It just screams "neglectful parenting".
3. Longer meals, or making it so they have to wait for everyone to sit down before eating. As it is, it's near impossible to eat as a family.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 2:50 AM
Being able to take a painting easel with you. I think it would be great to be able to paint in the park, and do portraits of people there. I hope one day there could be a painter career similar to the rock god career track that this is for. Your paintings to be hung in museums, etc.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:03 AM
I would like a Running with Scissors Playset for The Sims 3.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:04 AM
Hahahaha yes!
Inventor
#36 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:05 AM
Oh, also want to add for those who think there are no meshes out there:

http://www.customsims3.com/forum1/Y...m=1243970730/60

Scroll down to Gameinator's post. See, meshes are being worked on.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kilani
Being able to take a painting easel with you. I think it would be great to be able to paint in the park, and do portraits of people there. I hope one day there could be a painter career similar to the rock god career track that this is for. Your paintings to be hung in museums, etc.

Haha -- I love how, in the trailers, they made that seem possible, what with that chick in the purple dress painting at the beach or whatever. Alas, I guess that missed coding.

I'd also like to, one day, be able to color chimneys -- for some reason, it irks me that I can't make it match the house. That, and I'd like the babysitter to actually take care of the baby. And I'd love to see a mod that makes the maid stop brushing his teeth and eating my food when he's on the job. SHAME on those service sims!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shikonah
Haha -- I love how, in the trailers, they made that seem possible, what with that chick in the purple dress painting at the beach or whatever. Alas, I guess that missed coding.

I'd also like to, one day, be able to color chimneys -- for some reason, it irks me that I can't make it match the house. That, and I'd like the babysitter to actually take care of the baby. And I'd love to see a mod that makes the maid stop brushing his teeth and eating my food when he's on the job. SHAME on those service sims!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Blah, I really hope it's added in some expansion pack or something.. I don't trust EA's trailers haha *thinks back on TS2 generation trailer*

I'd like that too. I think it's weird that they made everything SO customizable but then some things can't have patterns applied.. like painting frames (1 color ugh), stairs, etc. It's like they just got lazy.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 4:18 AM
Yeah, it'll probably come out in some remake of Free Time, along with more instruments (really, we couldn't get a cheap piano, even? Portable keyboard?) I agree -- it seems very much like the person adding the recolorable-layers got sick of it half way through.

And as I'm playing, I've come to realize that I'd also love to see another No Baby Swarming hack like for TS2. My family sims keep trying to snuggle, when the child should OBVIOUSLY be asleep... >_>
Test Subject
#40 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kilani

It would be really cool if you could set up a portrait shop in the park. However, your sims art does get hung in the museum, it's crazy! I painted a tone of stuff and sold it and it ended up in the art gallery. I wonder how it does that, it's so cool!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 4:31 AM
I'd love to see--

Artificial insemination (click an object, "Have Baby With..." and choose a sim for instant impregnation)
Mortgage (move into a house of any price, the payments are added to your bills; it's not realistic to expect a full cash payment on move-in day)
Scholar
#42 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 4:32 AM
No more choking when eating.
The option to talk when eating, and eat as a group.
Male pregnancy.
Instructor
#43 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 4:46 AM
I'd like to see a mod that kept my Sims from running to the sprinklers at every freakin' opportunity.

Also, I miss the maid replacement outfits. I don't know if that counts as a mod...but those creepy French maid outfits have really got to go.

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 4:50 AM
I want a mod that makes it so that when there is a fire my sims won't keep getting out of the way and will die already!!!! I mean seriously, I had a sim that I was trying to kill by fire and he just kept moving out of the way. He would be all OMG FIRE!!!!! Then he would go "OK, hold I have to take three steps away from the fire so that I don't die" and then I'm just like "DARN IT!!!! CURSE YOU SIM!!!!" Sorry, I just like killing my sims.
Also, something like insim and inteen and definetly something that lets you teleport with the click of a button so that I don't have to wait for my sim to get in a car, ddrive, drive, drive, drive, drive, drive, get out of the car, walk to their destination, and do whatever they have to do. Ugh! It takes forever! Especially because my time is buged or something so that my 3 speed is only a tiny bit faster than 1st speed.
Sorry for the rant.
Test Subject
#45 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 5:04 AM
My wife is looking forward to a SuxMcnutty shower
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 5:26 AM
EmilyJud, I dont think your game is buggy with the speeds. My speed 3 has only a hardly noticable difference from my speed one. I'd like a faster speed 3. Night times take forever!

~Hold tenderly that which you cherish~
Field Researcher
#47 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 5:29 AM
What's happening is that a lot of people are having that problem with it but not everyone is. It seems to be totally random and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with your system. There's another thread about it somewhere on this site...
Test Subject
#48 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 5:44 AM
game clock ticks in real time

It seems like I can never get anything done, the days just are not long enough and never have been in my opinion. I find my activities in train wrecks most of the time where projects & tasks overlap the need for sleep or work. That or just rename the game to The Zips
Field Researcher
#49 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sirmildredpierce
My wife is looking forward to a SuxMcnutty shower

LMAO! I kinda miss that one too. I know... I'm naughty :P
Test Subject
#50 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 5:54 AM Last edited by anifan : 19th Jun 2009 at 5:55 AM. Reason: spelling
agesimscheat on anyone?
Page 2 of 28