Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Autonomous Sprinkler - [09/11/10 - Compatible with all latest versions and games]

by BlackCat007 Posted 24th Jun 2009 at 11:03 PM - Updated 9th Nov 2010 at 2:04 PM by BlackCat007

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 11:19 PM
How about one that allows only children (active household and visitors) to use it autonomously, while still allowing anyone to be directed to play?

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 2:39 AM Last edited by Rothchild : 25th Jun 2009 at 2:54 AM.
Thanks for the credits, even though Carrigon did it before me (I didn't know that at the time). I've really been wanting to look at 'ActiveChildrenOnlySprinkler' to see exactly how it was done, but I felt it would be cheating. Since it's been posted here I'll peek at the XML, but I'll also post a reply on my sprinkler mod to here.
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 4:26 AM
Very nice idea, and thanks for the different flavours. It's nice to have a choice.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rothchild
Thanks for the credits, even though Carrigon did it before me (I didn't know that at the time). I've really been wanting to look at 'ActiveChildrenOnlySprinkler' to see exactly how it was done, but I felt it would be cheating. Since it's been posted here I'll peek at the XML, but I'll also post a reply on my sprinkler mod to here.

Description was wrong and confusing, changed now.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 11:35 AM
thank you thank you for this!!! XD This is exactly what I've been hoping for.... ugh now I dont have to fear the sprinklers in my lots lol.... while the child only had been helpful.... they were beginning to drive me crazy as well lol...(( its 1am and we cant sleep mommy! We'll be out playing with the sprinkler till the school bus gets here!)) lol...

=) thanks for this again!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dadditude
How about one that allows only children (active household and visitors) to use it autonomously, while still allowing anyone to be directed to play?

I would also like to see this option.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:28 PM
Sadly, I don't think EA made this option available, at least not in XML files . As of now we can either turn autonomous on or off for all. Plus we can restrict visitors, but that's pretty much it. The only other way to restrict an object is by specific ages, so that other ages can't use it at all, like in Rotchild's mod.
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 2:27 PM
Nice! I hated that my sims would autonomously use the sprinkler and all the time. I ended up deleting the sprinkler to prevent them from using it. Now I can control when they use it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 11:28 PM
My sims' eternal need to play in the sprinklers was getting on my last nerve. Thanks for this!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 3:17 AM
OMG THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!! My stupid Sims kept wanting to play with the sprinkler every time I didn't give them something to do - it was driving me nuts! *slaps you with the awesome hand*

A good friend will bail you out of jail. Your best friend will be the one sitting next to you saying, "That was SO AWESOME!"
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:03 PM
very good , i take it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 6:28 PM
I checked the age autonomy matter and while there are some interactions that autonomy for them can be set per age, this is not the case with sprinkler. To achive such effect ,I think, one would have to meddle with core files and this is just not worth it as it will also block user from using other more awesome mods
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:42 PM
I saw this mod and thought to myself, nahh I'll just x it out of their queue, it shouldn't be too bad.... WRONG!

Thank you for this!
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 3:25 AM
GREATEST. MOD. EVER. I was SO SICK of turning away to deal with pee-pants sims, only to find another sim in the FREAKING SPRINKLER AGAIN! EVERY TIME!! Thank you!
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 11:50 PM
I think Childish Adults should still use it autonomously.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:35 AM
You're welcome to try and do such a mod :P
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 8:28 AM
I installed "NoVisitorsSprinkler" version. It works fine for most visitors. But it seems that visitor sims (greeted) with "Loves Outdoor" trait ignores this mod. They still changes to swimsuit and plays with sprinkler like a mad. The Loves Outdoor trait may have higher priority than AllowGreetedSims="False".

So I suggest to reduce advertised affinity of the "PlayWithSprinkler"

Ex)

<Change type="TraitLovesTheOutdoors" advertised="200" locked="True" actual="200" ...

===>

<Change type="TraitLovesTheOutdoors" advertised="50" locked="True" actual="200" ...

<Change type="TraitInappropiate" advertised="200" locked="True" actual="200" ...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 9:28 AM
Hm, interesting. My computer went kaboom yesterday, so the moment it will be fixed I'll look into it
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 8:14 AM
I didn't get the entire "sprinklers are so annoying" thing till I played with a family that had four children. Oh. my. The minute I closed the game, I came here to search for a fix. Thank you soooo much!
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 2:57 AM
Sweet mod, thanks so much for saving me total annoyance with my Sims.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:33 PM
THANK YOU so much!!!! One of my fav Sims had a very creepy preoccupation with playing with the sprinkler...it was driving me NUTS! Now I may be able to actually ENJOY playing my game more instead of getting irritated LOL
Scholar
#23 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 3:44 AM
Bless you! Thank you thank you thank you. I was sitting down with my daughter playing Sims3 as a way to pass the rainy day and by the end of the play session we both wanted to throw the computer through the window because we happened to have 2 "loves outdoors" sims in our household of 4 and I was constantly having to fetch them away from the sprinklers--day or night, never mind if they had to eat or sleep or whatever. I can't understand why the people who coded this game thought we'd enjoy having Sims waste time frolicking under sprinklers every frickin moment. Of all the things that have annoyed me about any and every sim game, this has to be the most annoying "feature" ever. Thank you for exorcising it out of the game.
Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 5:38 PM
I just discovered the sprinkler in buy mode, after wasting many sim hours watering the huge garden i have. (i felt pretty dumb) then i realized all they wanted to do was play in it, so i went back to watering myself. thanks so much for this mod, it's exactly what i needed!
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 11:24 AM
Thanks for this, I always get annoyed when my Sims did that, lucky for me it was rare but for some reason they recently started going wild about it, maybe I haven't been paying them enough attention or something. :P

Well anyway, hopefully this will keep them away from the stupid thing. Only reason I have it is for my plants anyway, and watering them by hand is way too much work...
Page 1 of 3