Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Grim Reaper's Death Grips

by Rothchild Posted 28th Jun 2009 at 11:56 PM - Updated 30th Jun 2009 at 11:36 AM by Rothchild

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:05 AM Last edited by Nvmplz : 29th Jun 2009 at 3:22 AM.
They look awesome! Thanks!
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:56 AM
where can i get the spore t-shirt? Awesome stuff, just awesome stuff!
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:19 AM
Looks great! Nextt thing that is needed: grim reaper cloak! Hope someone makes that soon...
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 2:05 PM
Oooh gruesomely handsome glovies! Thanks so much for this!

Oh my god, look at what the bat's dragged in!
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 2:44 PM
Thank you very much for the gloves. I would like to request, though, that you would take down your comment about anorexics just needing to eat some 'damn food'. It's rude, not to mention ignorant, and makes you seem less intelligent than you probably are. I'm sorry, but I am highly offended by that. Medically, that would make the anorexic more sick instead of helping them.
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 5:08 PM
evanescencesam: clearly it was meant to be a joke. Medically, sims don't have to worry about reality, so keep in mind that this is a game.

Rothchild: Thank you for the gloves. They are awesome!
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 8:21 PM
Wow, these look really great! Maybe you could release other Grim Reaper items :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darklotus24
Sorry, I forgot to link that in the post, the Spore Shirt was made by me.

Quote: Originally posted by evanescencesam
Thank you very much for the gloves. I would like to request, though, that you would take down your comment about anorexics just needing to eat some 'damn food'. It's rude, not to mention ignorant, and makes you seem less intelligent than you probably are. I'm sorry, but I am highly offended by that. Medically, that would make the anorexic more sick instead of helping them.
I'm sorry you were offended, but it was meant as a joke. I feel the modern media's portrayal of "beautiful" women does much more harm to those suffering from the anorexia nervosa disorder then my comment about them needing to eat more.
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neonrose
Looks great! Nextt thing that is needed: grim reaper cloak! Hope someone makes that soon...

I think if you tried looking for it - there has to be a cheat or something that will unlock the Grim Reaper cloak that's already in the game. I thought I had it, but I can't find it... sorry.
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 8:08 PM
The gloves are great. But I'd really like the cloak. Grim looses it if he changes clothes, and then it will not come back :/
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 12:29 AM
great gloves. =D very useful for what i have in mind.
at least partially.
so, i do have a question:
what are the chances of getting the female version of these gloves? ^^

i'd do it myself, but i'm really awful at modding anything...

edit: by the way.
didn't EA say that jackets would use a different layer than a shirt? (somewhat unrelated, but it seems that the jacket/cloak and the shirts use the same layer: "top"...
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 3:56 AM
very creative. i like the way you think.
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 6:05 AM
I'm not saying this is a bad thing, the concept could work as well. But when I see them, they look more android-ish than grim reaper ish, almost like C-3P0-ish in my opinion, which is a good thing since many sci-fi go getters could use them as a mechanical prostheses. Great job on the detail too of the joints!
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th May 2010 at 10:45 PM
realy cool. also it IS possibel to make the grim outfit. its just harder to make. the outfit realy is not a outfit at all. its the base skin of the reaper NPC. in theory he has a extra skin/costume that he automatecly gets if he is spawnd. put som clothes on him and he wil do so. but this will result in losing his option to go back to his origional skin/clothing. al you need to do is convert the skin grafic's of the reaper to a new complete costume for al genre's. how to do this i do not know, but it is possible!
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th May 2010 at 10:45 PM
also do not minde my bad english (i try)
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th May 2010 at 2:25 PM
Hhahaa, nice.
hahaha, i laughed so hard at the end bit about ano's, i completely agree.
(Y)
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 8:12 PM
when i was browsing at the downloads from cas, i just had to stop here and say that this is cool

lifeiswhat??
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jefthereaper
realy cool. also it IS possibel to make the grim outfit. its just harder to make. the outfit realy is not a outfit at all. its the base skin of the reaper NPC. in theory he has a extra skin/costume that he automatecly gets if he is spawnd. put som clothes on him and he wil do so. but this will result in losing his option to go back to his origional skin/clothing. al you need to do is convert the skin grafic's of the reaper to a new complete costume for al genre's. how to do this i do not know, but it is possible!

I have made the robe as a wearable outfit. The issue is that the grim reaper, while wearing the robe, doesn't have a head. If you put the robe on a sim with a head, their head will clip through the hood of the robe. To get around that you'd need to modify the robe's mesh and either remove the hood or make it larger. I've been to lazy to finish it though (and my 3D modeling skills are sub-par).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 12:38 AM
Someone made the robe with a bigger hood, but you can see the sim's face, which ruins the effect. Also, the hood looks silly. Also, it's allowed to be assigned to random sims. This caused a slight awkward moment when I went to a friend's house; her brother was wearing boobshirt, her child was wearing a broken shymoo outfit and the other brother was dressed as grim, with the giant hood, and also wearing the "New Year's Hat For Him" from the store... :L

Nice gloves btw
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th May 2011 at 10:22 PM
i love them! but do you mind makeing them for female to?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 6:13 PM
Would it be possible for someone to send me the textures themselves as .png or .bmp or tell me how to do so? PM me, please!
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darklotus24
He has spore t-shirts on his profile
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:00 AM
So kewl ty
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 16th Sep 2023 at 6:22 PM
Thank you!