Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Yomoshoto Residence - A traditional Japanese House

by battousan Posted 28th Jun 2009 at 9:01 PM

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
#2 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 9:24 PM
Looks very japanese, nice work!
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 9:51 PM
Its a shame we can't have a kotatsu in the main room, perhaps someone can mod a picnic set into one in the future as tools become available. Until then, however you have done just about the best job possible. Well done!

I'm sorely tempted now to take an empty neighbourhood and turn it into a Japanese suburb. If only the Sims wasn't so restrictively American

Great work and I really love the pond, I wan't some Koi :D

Remember that happiness is a way of travel - not a destination
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:57 PM
Finally, a house worth downloading. Seriously there's too many houses being made. People need to direct that energy into making actual mods and hacks, something that there's not been an overabundance of.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:09 PM
This is an awesome house! Considering I love to have Japanese families this will be VERY useful! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:45 PM
I must thank you also for this great house. It's very nice to look at. Great work ^_^
Alchemist
#7 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 12:13 AM
I loved looking at your beautiful Japanese house. The pond is perfect. The courtyard is especially lovely.
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 5:06 AM
this is incredibly beautiful.
its very authentic and well-planned

kudos to you!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 5:45 AM
I really like the design! Thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 6:33 AM
even with the western furniture this looks very good and has an authentic feel about it - thank you, great job
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 8:48 AM
Very interesting lot!
Lovin' it.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:18 AM
"If only the Sims wasn't so restrictively American "

That's the phrase of the year.
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 2:42 PM
This looks absolutely beautiful. This house with work wonderfully for a story I wanted to make. There is a strong lack of Japanese or overall Asian things being made available.

"Everything in the room is eatible.Even I'm eatible! But that is called cannibalism , my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies."
Scholar
#14 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XkidPythona
This looks absolutely beautiful. This house with work wonderfully for a story I wanted to make. There is a strong lack of Japanese or overall Asian things being made available.

Those were my thoughts exactly!!! Thank you for sharing your home.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mighty__Gazelle
Its a shame we can't have a kotatsu in the main room, perhaps someone can mod a picnic set into one in the future as tools become available. Until then, however you have done just about the best job possible. Well done!

I'm sorely tempted now to take an empty neighbourhood and turn it into a Japanese suburb. If only the Sims wasn't so restrictively American

Great work and I really love the pond, I wan't some Koi :D

ooh, a kotatsu would be perfect for sims 3 seasons !

A shrine community lot that holds a matsuri or bon-odori once a week sounds sweet for sims 3 holiday !

ooh, I would love to mod that bar and turn it into a tea ceremony set.
and.. whatever happened to the jacuzzi ? perhaps EA is planning to release an onsen instead ?
that would be superb !!

but then again, there's this phrase..
"If only the Sims wasn't so restrictively American"

and I stopped daydreaming..
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 12:22 PM
Awesome! I was planning on making some asian sims, but I haven't got around to do it yet, because I wanted a Japanese home for them too.. But now I can ^^

Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 3:18 AM
Firts of all, this is the most amazing house I've ever seen on this game! I've tryed to make japanese ones on my own but I still haven't got used to the tools (since I've never played sims 2)

Second:

"whatever happened to the jacuzzi ? perhaps EA is planning to release an onsen instead ?
that would be superb !!"

Hey, hey! Wouldn't it be just so fabulous if they made expansions for diferent cultures instead of what that season and pet things we are already tired of? It would be amazing and pretty original to have asian, african, south american and european expansions!

Wasn't it with he purpose of being an international game that the simlish was created?

GUYS, WANNA MAKE A PETITION OR SOMETHING?
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 3:21 PM
Great work, thanks for sharing! :D

Let's sing about the ocean.
Let's make a language out of light.
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neko-chin
Firts of all, this is the most amazing house I've ever seen on this game! I've tryed to make japanese ones on my own but I still haven't got used to the tools (since I've never played sims 2)

Second:

"whatever happened to the jacuzzi ? perhaps EA is planning to release an onsen instead ?
that would be superb !!"

Hey, hey! Wouldn't it be just so fabulous if they made expansions for diferent cultures instead of what that season and pet things we are already tired of? It would be amazing and pretty original to have asian, african, south american and european expansions!

Wasn't it with he purpose of being an international game that the simlish was created?

GUYS, WANNA MAKE A PETITION OR SOMETHING?

If you make a petition, I'd gladly sign it.

To my dear friend Masaharu:
sore ha suteki~
Masaharu no Sims items ha ITSUMO SUTEKI~
PM okutte kudasai ne? ohisashiburi ne!
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 9:29 PM
very cool & it would be cool for them to sit on the tatami mats. Maybe in the expansion? Still I'm loving the looking of this. I look forward to my sims rooming here
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th May 2011 at 6:57 PM
Nice Work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 4:45 PM
Thank you very much! Very Japan!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 4:24 AM
thankyou very very much for sharing !
Mad Poster