Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by camsland
i did this chalenge some while ago... just never ha the time to post anything. but i changed the rules a bit to make the challenge more "challenging"

but here's what happenned;

1. i can't play them any more cuz my computer crashed and i lost everything
2. i made 6 teens and one adult because i have the automatic whoohoo and try for baby mod and the teen pregnancy mod so 2 of my teens ha a baby. (not so sure how they fell in love in the first place)
3. i made them uniforms... like a school uniform... i donno, i just felt like it

but i never had the time to finish it...

Where would I get those mods? Can you link plz? And I like the uniform idea! My kids just all looked like bums or punkasses
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 7:47 AM
I ended with a score of 217. Three of my teens had no friends but everyone had at least six skill points my highest had eighteen! there was no romance sadly but two of my teens became best friends. They were the two least socially awkward (one was flirty with commitment issues and the other good but childish) so I guess that makes sense. If I hadn't made my adult talk with the teens, none of them would have had friends except for those two. My teens who had at least one good trait ended up accomplishing way more than my grumpy loner teen or the crazy one. This was lots of fun, I loved the instant gratification that this challenge provided since it didn't take too long to complete it.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 4:48 AM
245 is what I ended with. Most of my teens had no friends, but lots of enemies!! Muahahahahahah! One of my teens had no skills, but one was almost maxed on three *shrug* No one wanted to talk to my adult and there were many, many fights. Of course, I chose horrible trait combos just for the fun of it. Hm...now what do i want to do with them? My favorite teen, LaFawnduh, is pretty and is the one who's almost maxed on some skills, so I may continue to play her.

Sims 2 Rotation Blog Pleasantview Sucks
Test Subject
#29 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 4:26 PM
how to add the tramp trait?
Test Subject
#30 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 5:32 PM
since noone answered i completed the challange without this trait my total score is 441, 7 teens 1 adult,adults lifetime wish is to became top in medicine.All teens got As but were witout friends or romances they had at least 8 skill points and up though and adult had many friends
Test Subject
#31 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 10:16 PM
This was a lot of fun! This was the first challenge I've done and I've been playing the Sims on and off since the original came out. My score was 408 but IMO it doesn't count because I had awesomemod installed and didn't feel like taking it out for this challenge but it was fun either way! I'm going to continue my neighborhood, after the teens have all finished becoming young adults I'm going to move them out into the neigborhood. I'm going to add foster children to take their places, after I add a few things with the money I have collected in the time that the teens were there, and turn it into an orphanage. Then I'm going to train someone new to take my place taking care of the foster children and leave all of my money to this orphanage I will have created and set out to find my place in this world! Thanks again for the challenge!
Test Subject
#32 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 5:02 PM
You know you said it was an ancient house? Maybe it could be a converted cathedral/church with loads of graves in the back, so not only does your sims have juvenile delinquents to control, but also some unruly ghosts!!!

AmyJS
Test Subject
#33 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 7:30 AM
I somehow managed to get 588! I can't help but think I've added something up wrong...My teens ended up having around 30,000 lifetime happiness points each and only one of them had a friend! It was hard but fun!
Banned
#34 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 5:29 AM
When I can start playing again on a regular basis, I'll give this a try.

Question though: Can the teens get part time jobs? And can the mentor be unemployed but make money by finding gems/metals and such while the teens are at school?
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 11:58 PM
cool im soo playin this
Test Subject
#36 Old 14th May 2010 at 4:57 AM
I started working on this challenge yesterday. It's pretty fun so far! I've started a little challenge blog and have posted the first part of my Woodley House story. If anyone is interested, it can be found here http://hmpgirl-s3.livejournal.com/
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 20th May 2010 at 4:15 PM
I only got 122 All my teens hated each other, plus it took me forever to do my LTW (master guitar and art skills), ah well it was fun ^_^

"No silicon heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?"
- Kryten, Red Dwarf
Test Subject
#38 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:42 PM
heeeey, you stole my idea O.o not that i was doing anything with it, but i posted something about using teens for the asylum challenge, but ah well ^.^ at least my idea is in use no? ((PS. if you did or did not steal it it don't matter, i'm just joking around lol))
Test Subject
#39 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 9:05 PM
That sounds very random, but dont take offense because at the same time it seems really fun and hard! im gonna so try it!
Test Subject
#40 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 5:18 PM
Default Blogging
Thanks for this idea - this is going to start out the first post on my new Sims 3 Blog I'm obviously going to change a lot of it; otherwise, all the information people would be reading on my blog would be about the adult...... I'm going to choose my own traits, interact with the teens and everything else - I'm basically just going to use the initial concept. Again, this is an amazing idea - thanks!
-Molly
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 5:52 PM Last edited by We are all trash : 13th Jun 2010 at 5:56 PM. Reason: spelling errarsss
Quote: Originally posted by laurenruth915
So when do I finish? Like, I made the people, but when do I stop and count my points?

If its anything like the original asylum challenge then you should finish once your Adult Sim reaches their LTW. This is why the creator suggests to turn off Aging because if you don't your Teen Sims will age in 15 days and you would have 15 days to achieve your LTW.

I think another option is to raise the aging rate to Long or Epic. That should give you plenty of time while still having some kind of deadline.

I did the original Sims 2 challenge and it was way fun. Doing it with teens sounds really interesting and I might just have to try this out.
Test Subject
#42 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 7:17 PM Last edited by VampireRalts : 10th Dec 2010 at 4:59 AM. Reason: Changed my mind
I apologize if I am bringnig this topic back up, I won't do this again, but after many bugs and glitches ruined my last set of legacies, I decided to give this one a whirl, remembering how I did a Toddlermania challenge in Sims 2 and liked it, somewhat.

EDIT: Nevermind, I deleted my first attempt, but it was fun watching the teens get red and yellow icons and passing out and one of them wet his robe! Of course, I had two of them do the Boiler Room opportunity; three classmates came home with them first day but they all went to bed, so tired.

I may try again when I get another no-baby challenge done and pray that I don't get travel glitches!

"Seriously... what the he**? I'm not going to dig graves for all of you. Okay, now what will I do with all of these corpses? Oh, there's a fire and I've fallen into a hole. Not my problem anymore!" (From MaskedHuzzah's Dragon Warrior III Let's Play)
Test Subject
#43 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 9:27 PM
Thanks for this great idea! It's the first challenge I've done and I'm really enjoying it. Others mentioned there's no "normal" free will, but I suppose the OP meant leave it at its normal setting (of high).
For those about to embark, here are a few observations:

1. Bed ownership is a problem in the Sims 3. Once your controllable adult sim is sent to bed, that will be HIS bed for the entire game. None of your teens will sleep in it - they'll fall asleep on the floor rather than sleep in an owned bed ("inappropriate" sims excepted). I don't think this is in the spirit of the idea, since we're not supposed to reserve any items for our controllable sim. There are two possible solutions. Either use a mod/hack to turn bed ownership off, or *never* tell your controllable sim to sleep in a bed. I found that he usually takes himself to bed as long as you stop queueing tasks when he's tired. When he takes himself to bed autonomously, he won't trigger the ownership. He also won't trigger ownership if you command him to nap on a sofa or lounger.

2. The Ambitions and World Adventures expansions add a few twists. Some careers and professions will be impossible for you to complete playing this challenge unless you allow your adult to leave the house, so think carefully and check the career paths before you choose your LTW.

2(a) Keep an eye on the custom content and expansion furniture - the base game's two cheapest beds have an energy level of 4. So ignore the "Sign-of-Springs" if you have it. I think the SOS bed would make the challenge horribly painful since it takes around 12 hours for your sims to get a proper sleep. JMO

3. I think you probably should leave ageing on, but set to Epic. I chose ALL bad traits for my sims - random choices, but some of them ended up with FOUR from the top list. And yet, they are mostly all green and happy in between their slapping fights. The problem here is that I was able to get them all to achieve an A in school and two of them are even on the honor roll. When they're this content they get more Lifetime Rewards points daily and keep adding to my overall score, more than what I lose by the extra day of play. So I've been getting my adult sim to stay home and get himself demoted to slow down winning the challenge and add to my points. I'm sure I could do it forever and the score would keep going up and up...

4. Secret tips: what's the story, are we allowed to share, or is it a no-no? :P
Test Subject
#44 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 5:46 AM
What a great challenge! I loved playing it! Im proud to say I never peeked at my teens :D
My score was 699
Test Subject
#45 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 5:12 AM
I liked this challenge. I dont like the really long ones that take forever so this was perfect. I got 525 points btw.
Test Subject
#46 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 1:02 AM Last edited by sueannlaib : 17th Feb 2011 at 4:39 AM.
The thread is great, thank you for sharing some tips and ideas about the game. It is really helpful for me.

--------------
http://www.squidoo.com/dubturbo-beat-maker-software
Instructor
#47 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 5:48 PM
This is the first challenge I've ever completed.. I had a pretty slow day so I was doing this for most of it, lol... My ending score was 217, BUT, my adult sim never reached her LTW - She was electrocuted while tinkering with the TV! :,(

I think I may continue to play with them, maybe move in a new nurse/social worker/therapist/thing person. They're a fun group

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Test Subject
#48 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 8:20 PM
This was my first sims challenge. As usual I spent more time messing around with the house design than I did playing.

My first big manor type house but I think it turned out well.

Final score was 174 though. I may try again some time later
Test Subject
#49 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 4:06 AM
6 teens, 320 points :-)
Test Subject
#50 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 12:14 AM
I just finished and I got only 97 points :/ I totally failed

http://simsgorawr.tumblr.com/
i put pictures of the challenge and all the delinquents there..
Page 2 of 3