Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Crust & Punk Shirts for YAM/AM!

by riotmanifesta Posted 14th Jul 2009 at 1:18 AM - Updated 16th Jul 2009 at 12:01 AM by riotmanifesta : re-uploading the file because i fixed the alpha so that the "doom" logo looks much better when recolored

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 1:27 AM
Yay! These are awesome. Great job Riotmanifesta :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 5:45 AM
Love these. Nice to see people who know of Amebix. Thanks, Riotmanifesta! Any chance you could do these for female sims, too?
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 7:17 AM
Fucking great!!!!! I love Amebix und Leftöver Crack!!!!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 8:26 AM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
god i was wondering how long it was goin to take to get some punker clothes, i second the idea of womens as well, can you make some dirty ripped ones too? that would be rockin
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 12:06 PM
Agree in anything that is said, but please make more clothes, my punk sims is dying, in the lack of clothes! Ripped shirts sounds awsome!
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 3:13 PM
Ah, i was hoping i'd someday find your work for TS3, used alot of your stuff in TS2, Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 2:39 AM
Great shirts!

I did a set of death metal shirts, and I'm currently working on a set of hardcore/holy terror/early pv (Integrity, MITB, Infest, Catharsis, etc.) shirts.
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 3:28 AM
dude, thats one wiccked tattoo.
just wondering where you got it?
and wicked shirts!

Out of winter came a warhorse of steel.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 3:40 AM
One more comment, looking at the shirts in CTU, you have made the black parts of Doom shirt recolorable...while this sounds good in theory (and would be how they are in real life due to the way screen printing works) it looks very funny in game (they where never printed on any shirt color but black to my knowledge). You may want to change the alpha so the logo/picture is always black/white, or so that they white parts change color while the black sections remain black (this would allow for black print on a red shirt as opposed to white print on a red shirt).
Field Researcher
#11 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 5:39 AM
I'd normally hate that shirt but when it's a punk shirt it looks lovely while tucked in...
Thank you <3 I'd love to see more

we are eternal, all this pain is an illusion
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 5:44 AM
this is awesome but where did you get the tattoo on his arm?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 11:12 PM
his tattoo is the tattoo from robokitty found here: http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=349720

i just recolored it in game!

mi cuerpo es mio. no se toca, no se viola, no se daña, no se mata!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pestix
I'd normally hate that shirt but when it's a punk shirt it looks lovely while tucked in...
Thank you <3 I'd love to see more

thanks! but the shirt is not tucked in, it's just short. it's a recolor of the male crew tee, the one with the skull on it

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 11:46 PM Last edited by riotmanifesta : 16th Jul 2009 at 12:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Carlzilla
One more comment, looking at the shirts in CTU, you have made the black parts of Doom shirt recolorable...while this sounds good in theory (and would be how they are in real life due to the way screen printing works) it looks very funny in game (they where never printed on any shirt color but black to my knowledge). You may want to change the alpha so the logo/picture is always black/white, or so that they white parts change color while the black sections remain black (this would allow for black print on a red shirt as opposed to white print on a red shirt).

yeah, that was just me being lazy with the alpha. when it's a b&w logo, it's much easier to just copy/paste the rgb channel into the alpha, though it doesn't always look so hot.

just re-download the file & it's all good. for some reason it does that little "v" action toward the top of the logo, though. i've tried to fix it several times, but it seems to be the mesh. it's not very noticeable, though, i'm just picky.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 1:46 AM
Awesome. Looks much better.

I just finished making a shirt out of the cover of Nausea's Extinction LP, I wish I had a good scan of the Tech-no-logic-kill poster on the inside of the cover...because that thing rules.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 9:32 AM
I messed with the alpha for that doom shirt a little bit tonight. Took a while, but I think I got a real nice alpha layer for it now, which allows it to not look like a patch but not have the black in the logo or police man's face match the shirt color.

What do you think?
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 7:46 PM
I love your shirts, thank you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 1:55 AM
Awesome. Looks much better.

I just finished making a shirt out of the cover of Nausea's Extinction LP, I wish I had a good scan of the Tech-no-logic-kill poster on the inside of the cover...because that thing rules.

you beat me to it! i'm going to make a shirt out of the peace/crucifix logo, but i really want to make the "smash racism" hoodie they sell on machetemfg.com because i own it IRL & want to be a supercreep & make a mini me.

& dude, good job with the doom logo. i totally could have done that but i'm too lazy... if you could send me the .dds file i could re-upload the whole thing again or you could just keep the goodness to yerself

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 3:02 AM
The nausea hoodie looks easy enough.

The only Nausea shirt I own is about 13 years old and is falling apart fairly badly. I sort of incorporated the back of the one I have onto the Nausea shirt I made for the sims. The one I own has some of the lyrics from Tech-No-Logic-Kill on the back with just their logo on the front. It's also on a white shirt for some reason, some of the younger crusty kids here give me a hard time since they'd never seen a white nausea shirt before...
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 4:41 AM

This one?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 8:27 PM

This one?

oh my god, yes! except the logo in the front covers the whole chest. dude, you are king at this stuff!

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 9:58 PM Last edited by Carlzilla : 19th Jul 2009 at 10:10 PM.
I'm going to throw a few more hoodies together in the next few days, busy with family on Monday, but probably Tuesday or Wednesday I'll upload a pack. they take a lot more time to do, since you have to split the logo on the front between the zipper, and if you do it poorly there is an obvious seam, or part of the design is missing. I don't know why they did it that way, maybe they where planning on allowing the hoodie to be zipped or unzipped.

Any other hoodies you'd like to see? I've only done this one so far. I'll also make the logo on the Nausea one a little bigger, to better emulate the real life one.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:42 AM
The nausea hoodie looks easy enough.

The only Nausea shirt I own is about 13 years old and is falling apart fairly badly. I sort of incorporated the back of the one I have onto the Nausea shirt I made for the sims. The one I own has some of the lyrics from Tech-No-Logic-Kill on the back with just their logo on the front. It's also on a white shirt for some reason, some of the younger crusty kids here give me a hard time since they'd never seen a white nausea shirt before...

white t-shirts are totally the new crusty kid shirt color of choice, at least in LA. that way you can really show how much you are fighting the system by not doing laundry!

i have a resist & exist shirt like that with a gnarly boob hole, but i think i'm going to make it into a pillow because i can't bring myself to toss it. as far as the hoodies, how about an anti cimex or a//political one? i want to make some nerdy comic books ones like the venture bros, too. is the process for hoodies pretty much the same as for the shirts? my only real problem is the placement since i have no stencil to go by. thanks maaaaaan!

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 5:14 AM
Give it a year or two, and the white shirt thing will catch on here...kids are either slightly behind the curve here...or, in cases like mine, too old to actually give a crap about being outwardly perceived as a "crusty" or "punk" anymore.

The unitool can make you a stencil, just extract the original textures, and load up the one that is black/dark grey in photoshop etc.

The process is super easy, but you need to split whatever design you have on the front of the shirt down the zipper line. If you make a stencil with the unitool you'll see what I'm talking about.

Other than that, it's the exact same as making a t-shirt.

I'd love to do an Anti-Cimex anything...maybe I'll do a Nausea, Anti-Cimex, Moderat Likvidation, Satanic Malfunctions (check this band out if you haven't heard them), Plutocracy (Sniping Pigz is one of the best albums ever...) hoodie pack.

I may do an A//Political shirt, but I don't know since I can't stand A//Political. I have punk is a ghetto and some other 7" they did on vinyl someplace, and I've probably listened to them completely a total of 1 time each, maybe...it just bores me half to death for some reason.

A Venture Bros. hoodie would rule...I'm not too into comics, although I did follow that recurring one in Slug and Lettuce for a while...now I can't find a copy of S&L to save my life.
Page 1 of 2