Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Manor Estate

by pereira Posted 14th Jul 2009 at 8:08 PM - Updated 2nd Jul 2010 at 1:17 AM by pereira

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 9:13 PM
Wow. Absolutely stunning, well done. Thanks for uploading it!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 9:39 PM
Very Nice !
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 10:56 PM
Amazing! I love it!

graphic designer. how in the world do i still have this account after so many years?
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 11:04 PM
wow, love it!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 11:16 PM
Lovely design. Such lots would accommodate 5-8 sims (or even more if the game allows, I think there is a cheat somewhere for that).

My biggest concern is the lag. I do have a good computer, Intel Quadcore running on Vista 64 with 8Gb DDR2 RAM, and ATI 4890 with 1Gb DDR5. Sims 3 runs smoothly on small to medium lots such as 30x20 up to 40x40. However, while dealing with such large lot with such details, my frame rate suffers even in edit mode. My usual frame rate can be 70-90 fps on small lots. 50 fps while editing this lot, but when putting 5-6 sims living in this lot, the fps went down to 20fps.

Am I alone out there or you guys know something to get such nice and big lot for smooth game play? My game play is average only, with quite some hiccups with this 20fps. It is frustrating! And yes, I even tested with a fresh restart (of my computer), removed all custom mods, and run strictly TS3 (no other program running, no messenger, no web browser, nothing at all but TS3). FPS barely approved, if any.

My other thing is, it is hard to find a sim in such big house, especially guests where you can not focus on them. But I guess it is minimal nuissance for most people and inevitable for TS3.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 12:18 AM
Seems plenty playable on my C2D E8500, 4GB DDR2, and 2x4850 512MBs. I've only got a family of 5 (2 of which are toddlers) in it so far, however. Some lag is going to be unavoidable on a highly populated/landscaped/built out 60x60 lot under this engine it would seem.

As far as finding sims, right click on their portrait. If I'm not mistaken you can do the same w/ visitors from their portrait in the relationship tab.
Alchemist
#9 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 1:08 AM
Whoa. That's all I can say...
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 1:55 AM
This Lot is absolutely AMAZING!! You are extremely talented!
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 3:51 AM
This looks so cool! Thanks for sharing!
Banned
#12 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Lovely design. Such lots would accommodate 5-8 sims (or even more if the game allows, I think there is a cheat somewhere for that).

My biggest concern is the lag. I do have a good computer, Intel Quadcore running on Vista 64 with 8Gb DDR2 RAM, and ATI 4890 with 1Gb DDR5. Sims 3 runs smoothly on small to medium lots such as 30x20 up to 40x40. However, while dealing with such large lot with such details, my frame rate suffers even in edit mode. My usual frame rate can be 70-90 fps on small lots. 50 fps while editing this lot, but when putting 5-6 sims living in this lot, the fps went down to 20fps.

Am I alone out there or you guys know something to get such nice and big lot for smooth game play? My game play is average only, with quite some hiccups with this 20fps. It is frustrating! And yes, I even tested with a fresh restart (of my computer), removed all custom mods, and run strictly TS3 (no other program running, no messenger, no web browser, nothing at all but TS3). FPS barely approved, if any.

My other thing is, it is hard to find a sim in such big house, especially guests where you can not focus on them. But I guess it is minimal nuissance for most people and inevitable for TS3.

Tomomi1922 - My computer is near identical to yours, and same thing. You're not alone! Do you have TS2 and a bunch of EP and SP's on your computer? I do, and the lag was like watching paint dry. I just transferred it to my empty extra drive that came with my computer and it works fine for me. You could do that or try increasing the size of your RAM. Mine is 500 GB for the main part, the extra drive being just under a TB. I'm not a computer genius (I pick this stuff up from my computer-savvy friends) but I do think that this will help you. - MJ
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mj2004_3
Tomomi1922 - My computer is near identical to yours, and same thing. You're not alone! Do you have TS2 and a bunch of EP and SP's on your computer? I do, and the lag was like watching paint dry. I just transferred it to my empty extra drive that came with my computer and it works fine for me. You could do that or try increasing the size of your RAM. Mine is 500 GB for the main part, the extra drive being just under a TB. I'm not a computer genius (I pick this stuff up from my computer-savvy friends) but I do think that this will help you. - MJ

I just found out the exact model of my CPU, Quad Core Q9450 to run at 2.67Ghz. I still have 8Gb RAM. Actually mj2004_3, what you asked of me was to get more Hard disk space, 500Gb is ridiculously big for RAM, since the only known support for Windows Vista is 16Gb (64 bit version). I do have plenty of HDD drives, I got 3 drives in my system with total of over 1.5TB that I barely used 30%. But the main thing is they are running at 7200rpm with 16Mb buffer. I could even put the drives into RAID 0 (literately double the speed of data transfer, for short), but I am not sure how much that was to help. I am also pretty sure I have more RAM than most people here, because brand named computers hardly come with more than 4Gb RAM, you either buy from Alienware $4000 computer or you upgrade your own, which is my case. And somehow I still complain over performance issue. How about the rest of you guys?

Sigh, thats why I quit TS2. I got quite a number of mods, but I am just very tired at playing full screen all the time and wait so long to load into a different zone/lot or even tab out to check web. At least TS3 here I can play as Windowed Mode.

Here it is not quite like a slide show, but it is still very frustrating.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sid Nitzerglobin
Seems plenty playable on my C2D E8500, 4GB DDR2, and 2x4850 512MBs. I've only got a family of 5 (2 of which are toddlers) in it so far, however. Some lag is going to be unavoidable on a highly populated/landscaped/built out 60x60 lot under this engine it would seem.

As far as finding sims, right click on their portrait. If I'm not mistaken you can do the same w/ visitors from their portrait in the relationship tab.

Oh yeah I was going to ask, you said "some lag is going to be unavoidable". With that, how much fps are you talking about? You can hit Ctrl-Shift-C and type in "fps on" (without the quotes) and it shows your fps.

I am running at 1440x900 with all details pretty high except Edge Smoothing medium and High Details lot = 2. How is your setting and how much fps you got from this lot with 5 sims as stated. And how about typical 60x60 lot?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 8:30 AM Last edited by Sid Nitzerglobin : 15th Jul 2009 at 8:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Oh yeah I was going to ask, you said "some lag is going to be unavoidable". With that, how much fps are you talking about? You can hit Ctrl-Shift-C and type in "fps on" (without the quotes) and it shows your fps.

I am running at 1440x900 with all details pretty high except Edge Smoothing medium and High Details lot = 2. How is your setting and how much fps you got from this lot with 5 sims as stated. And how about typical 60x60 lot?

Everything maxed w/ 8 high detail lots and object hiding off @ 1680x1050 I'm usually pushing between 30 -35fps on this lot. There are slow downs of 15 - 20 fps every once in a while when I've got a bunch of simultaneous state changes and/or pathfinding battles w/ the residents but it's not all that often. Have a very small bit of texture pop in and a smaller frame stutter when panning around the lot in an extreme manner as well.

I really haven't played all that many other 60x60s but played around a bit with the French palace posted up here a couple weeks ago w/ 8 sims and it was definitely worse.

I have the OS (Vista Ult SP1 x64) and TS3 running off of a 3x75 GB RAID0 of Raptors w/ static page file on a separate RAID1 of SATA II drives w/ 32MB of cache and my C2D is stock clocked at 3.16GHz, but I'm not sure if those should make a gigantic difference though. Maybe check your temps under load? I noticed you mentioned windowed mode. Have you tried full screen?

Anyways, back to the comments on this beau-tea-full mansion
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 10:09 AM Last edited by pereira : 15th Jul 2009 at 10:41 AM.
First, I want to thank you all for the nice comments! =)

That said, about the performance issues: I tested with an 8-sim family and it ran smoothly (my game opinions are all set in the max, except the Edge Smoothing, that is in the minimum). The only thing it took me a little more time (no more than a minute) was when entering it, to load all the objects textures, but once in, it ran normally.

My computer has an Intel Core2, at 2.00GHz and 4,00GB of RAM, and runs Windows Vista 32bits. My game in general runs nicely, the only thing I find annoying are the patterns menus when recoloring, it takes forever to load every texture.

And once again, thank you!
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 11:54 AM
wow this is AMAAAZING nice work
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 1:35 PM
woh its a big amazing house

(I hope that my sims can find the toilet)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 2:36 PM
Hope this lot works with my game. My game lags too. XD
Goooood luck, everyone! lol!
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 4:31 PM
Amazing ! Thanks
Test Subject
#21 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 4:58 PM
wow. that is amazing.

There are three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth.
Test Subject
#22 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 8:37 PM
Hi,

The house is beautiful and I would love to download it to my game. I was wondering, aside from the TS3 store items, is there any custom content or is it all from the base game? Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cutelilram
Hi,

The house is beautiful and I would love to download it to my game. I was wondering, aside from the TS3 store items, is there any custom content or is it all from the base game? Thanks.

Aside from the TS3 store items, there's NOT any other custom content. Everything is from the base game.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 4:30 PM
Wow what an amazing creation! This must have taken you ages to design and furnish, I haven't downloaded it as I also have some lag issues on big lots on my laptop however I have added it to my favourites for when I transfer my game to my pc.

Once again very well done this is one of the best new lots I have seen so far on any sims 3 site

Life is not a dress rehearsal
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 4:22 PM
Gorgeous!

REST IN PEACE VALERIE

<33 She was so pretty, so sweet, and had a voice of an angel. I know God is taking good care of her. Right now she is surely singing with the angels somewhere over the rainbow, way up high.....<33
Page 1 of 2