Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Clearwater Ridge, a Modern Home in a Natural Setting

by sooperacorn Posted 21st Jul 2009 at 1:18 AM

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:21 AM
Yay you kept the color scheme! Glad it made it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by traelia
Yay you kept the color scheme! Glad it made it!

Yes I did. Thanks to everyone who commented as I was preparing to download this lot! I'm very happy to have it up here to share with others. I'm really enjoying it in my own game and hope others will as well.

~E

Greater Pittsburgh Paranormal Society
"Orbs Don't Count!"
Investigator-In-Training
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:48 AM
Beautiful work! The family I'm playing is too big for this, but I'm snagging it anyway.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 5:20 AM
Wow, this looks so awesome! I really love the screens, can't wait to try it out.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 6:24 AM
Woah, what a vista! I can't imagine anyone not wanting to try out that pool. Really cool!

Some of the color schemes inside the house are a bit more modern than my tastes run, but the red and black kitchen is something I can really appreciate.

Thank you for sharing this! Can't wait to try it out in-game!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 8:22 AM
Looks lovely. Thank you for sharing.
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 10:01 AM
Nice idea with those stairs.
The interiour looks a bit cluttered, like one would have to switch levels often to play this house. But the screenshots might be misleading there ^^.
Wiki Wizard
#9 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 10:53 AM
Good to see this finally up! Looks really good!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:09 PM
There is a problem. Look at the top balcony, there is no stair access to that spot. I have tried to create another modular stair to get there, but without much success.

I was about to move in this house too. Did you upload an unfinished version?
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 7:07 PM
Modular stairs? Could you create a small tutorial on how to do these? I've tried and tried to do them on sims 3 but with no luck.

-Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 8:27 PM
The upstairs deck is only decorative I'm afraid... I never intended to use that third story, but the balcony looked much better than a roof IMO.

And I only know how to build a modular stair on the first story. I've attempted building them higher than that without much luck but maybe somebody out there has more skillz than I do. I used the tutorial below to build my first story modular stairs, maybe you can start from there and tweak it a little?

Modular Stairs Tutorial

Thank you for the tutorial BlackGarden!

P.S. Not all, but many of the build mode tutorials created for the Sims 2 work quite nicely on Sims 3. So if you are looking for a tut and can't find one, try searching for it for Sims 2.

"Orbs Don't Count!"
Investigator-In-Training
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 8:59 PM
I'm not usually a fan of the "modern" decor look but you pulled it off very tastefully. This house is absolutely gorgeous.. I will have a hard time deciding which of my Simmies get to live in it! HEHE

Thanks! Can't wait to see what you might create next! ^^
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 9:42 PM
Superacorn, I can tell it is hard to put another stair there. I tried all night without much luck. Not even a straight stair would fit there without blocking the door to one of the bed rooom. The best I came up was to sacrifice some part of the top floor's floor. It's stupid but TS3 doesn't alllow offset tiles, it's upsetting.

But that balcony is so nice I can't just leave it there like that. If I can come up with somehing without seriously altering your design, I'll let you know.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 10:41 PM
Looks very nice! I'll have to give it an in game tour tonight for sure.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 12:33 AM
I know this sounds stupid, but where did you place this lot? I can't find the lot!

c:\dos
c:\dos\run
run\dos\run
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 1:11 AM
NM I figured it out. *is dunce* LOVE the lot!

c:\dos
c:\dos\run
run\dos\run
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:39 AM
thanks it looks great .
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 4:35 PM
Goodness Gracious... I'll have to pick my jaw up off of the floor now. Such brilliant design! Those colors are quite pleasing and comfortable for the eyes~<3 Looks like a lot of hardwork went into this. Omigosh, can you decorate my new apartment? I can pay you in a pile of acorns with a cherry on top :P

I dreamed I was missing... you were so scared, but no one would listen, 'cause no one else cared. After my dreaming, I woke with this fear. What am I leaving when I'm done here?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:19 AM
He he he, thanks. I'll take the acorns, but you can keep the cherry. LOL

"Orbs Don't Count!"
Investigator-In-Training
Test Subject
#21 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sooperacorn
Yes I did. Thanks to everyone who commented as I was preparing to download this lot! I'm very happy to have it up here to share with others. I'm really enjoying it in my own game and hope others will as well.

~E

Man if i was late for work on Sims 3 I'd miss the carpool going down those stairs ha,ha
nice place
Test Subject
#22 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 2:02 PM
I dying to live there but the game just hangs when I try to move in. First lot I've placed that I didn't have to rotate, too. Beautiful home but I waited for half an hour for the game to process my move and finally forced the game to quit. I even bulldozed the lot and re-placed the house since I just upgraded to the new patch, thinking maybe...

No way. half an hour later I again gave up. It shouldn't take half an hour of real time, should it?

jcarent
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 3:14 PM Last edited by sooperacorn : 1st Aug 2009 at 3:39 PM. Reason: Checked the lot in game
wow, no! Let me go into my game and check things out. Maybe the patch did something? Anyone else having issues?

Edit: I was able to go into my game, take this house out of the bin, and place it into my game. It took just over a minute for everything to load for me. I was also able to use a sim to do the "move" interaction and go to this lot, as well as evict a sim family and "place" them into this lot. I'm not sure why your game is having so much trouble with it, I'm sorry! Is this the only custom lot you have difficulty placing? If anyone else is having this issue please let me know.

~E

"Orbs Don't Count!"
Investigator-In-Training
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 8:11 AM
My bad. I did a clean setup and 1.3 patch. Dumped almost all of my old CC, including a couple of core mods and the house loaded in 5 minutes. You, of course, are running a maxed out PC ;-b. I'm on a MacBook. The house is gorgeous and my sim is presently rattling around in it. Thanks for your hard work with it and I DO hope someone figures out how to get up to that 3rd floor.

jcarent
Field Researcher
#25 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 2:51 PM
Used your lot in my screenshots in an upload of my Sim on my blog: The Rejected
Page 1 of 2