Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Four Assorted Sci-Fi Eyes as Contacts

by Esmeralda Posted 27th Jul 2009 at 6:15 AM - Updated 20th Aug 2012 at 9:21 PM by EsmeraldaF : Major overhaul to thread

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#2 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 6:20 AM
Very nicely done EsmeraldaF

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 6:24 AM
this is awesome! hehe the toddler has no soul!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 6:25 AM
Oooo, your alien is too cute!
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 6:28 AM
These look INCREDIBLE!! Thank you so much for these... they'll be perfect for a number of ideas I've had.

One question/concern though before I try these out: Will new sims generated by the game start popping-up in my neighborhoods with these eyes as well? I'm only a bit leery this could turn my entire neighboorhood into a lot of demonic freaks after awhile, which I definitely wouldn't want. Thanks again.
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 6:48 AM
Just today, I was looking around for some alien eyes and pow! Great work!
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 6:54 AM
I've been waiting for something like this! They're perfect, thanks so much!
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 6:59 AM
Beautiful work! The alien eyes are gorgeous! I also love the all-whites as I can now create a blind sims for a story! That or I can make a cute zombie :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 9:02 AM
Thank you so much! Perfect for my Dr.Manhattan
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 9:56 AM
Thank you! Now I can really make some characters like they are SUPPOSED to look!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Uberdubie
These look INCREDIBLE!! Thank you so much for these... they'll be perfect for a number of ideas I've had.

One question/concern though before I try these out: Will new sims generated by the game start popping-up in my neighborhoods with these eyes as well? I'm only a bit leery this could turn my entire neighboorhood into a lot of demonic freaks after awhile, which I definitely wouldn't want. Thanks again.

Ha ha, actually, an entire neighbourhood of demonic freaks sounds like fun to me! But no, these are just contact lenses, not actual eyes, so I don't think that will happen (unfortunately, LOL).
Field Researcher
#12 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 10:42 AM
lol good job!

I might just have some nightmares tonight. lol :p
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 12:48 PM
Ooh, thanks for making these. I have a small question though -- are the lizard eyes recolorable at all, or are they stuck at yellow?
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 1:10 PM
you are pure awesome! i had been hoping for something like this!!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yhibiki
Ooh, thanks for making these. I have a small question though -- are the lizard eyes recolorable at all, or are they stuck at yellow?

Yes! See new update to this thread, and new screenshot. I hadn't thought of recolouring them, as I was only going to use them 'au naturelle', but I've now gone back and experimented and yes, they are recolourable. The only two colours that really 'take' effectively are red and green, but they look great.
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 2:45 PM
Finally! Contacts. :]
Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:12 PM
WOOOOT, you're my hero!

In frustra laborat qui omnia placere studet
Inventor
#18 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 4:34 PM
Finally more than just the alien contacts from GOS, I hope someone will make cat eyes soon because I wanted to but the process was too frustrating for me. I will use the Lizard eyes a lot I think since I love sci-fi sims. Thanks so much!

Just out of curiosity Why are the Black, Red and White different files? If the white can be made any color like the Black ones from GOS I'm not really sure why you'd use all 3 files, Sorry if it's a stupid question.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 4:34 PM
wow, thanx for the nightmares!!! Love it though

-Isis-
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScorpioMaurus

Just out of curiosity Why are the Black, Red and White different files? If the white can be made any color like the Black ones from GOS I'm not really sure why you'd use all 3 files, Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Partly for convenience and simplicity so that it's possible to just immediately have red or black eyes without having to mess around with colour settings. You don't need to install all three files, just install the red one if it's only the red eyes that you need, the black one if you only want black eyes, and so on. The white eyes CAN be recoloured to black or red, but getting the exact bright laser-red shade I made the red eyes with requires messing around with the colour wheel. And also, recolouring the red eye gives a different effect from recolouring the white eye - because it was MADE in red, recolours will retain a red tinge, an effect that you can't get with the white eye, so you get a bit more versatility.
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 6:19 PM
now i can make starfire now !!! thank you
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 6:56 PM
hahah these are so freaky. awsome! thank you
Test Subject
#23 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScorpioMaurus
Finally more than just the alien contacts from GOS, I hope someone will make cat eyes soon because I wanted to but the process was too frustrating for me. I will use the Lizard eyes a lot I think since I love sci-fi sims. Thanks so much!

I've been hoping for some cat contacts as well. *sigh* nobodys made them yet though! >_<
Kudos to you, although i would've liked to color them myself. . . :x
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:10 AM
These are really great. Thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by m0nst3rs
I've been hoping for some cat contacts as well. *sigh* nobodys made them yet though! >_<
Kudos to you, although i would've liked to color them myself. . . :x

I'm hoping to do some cat eyes soon, as well as some multi-coloured fantasy eyes - if they turn out OK, will try uploading them!
Page 1 of 2