Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#51 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
Yes, I'm still trying to figure out how to package and upload these to Mediafire. Hopefully today.

And tedw your willow is great and the outfits are realy good considering the lack of appropriate vamp clothing, lol!!!

Oh it's real simple, just take the Sims3Pack from your Exports folder to your desktop so it's easy to find. Next log on to Mediafire (you can create a free account) and then click 'Upload Files'.

A window will pop up and from there you can just click on the file you left on your Desktop (or Exports folder if you decided not to move it), then click 'Start Upload'. You'll be asked to choose whether to upload it to a new folder or your main one on Mediafire. Pick whichever.

Wait for it to reach 100% and finally, click 'Share' and 'Copy Link' which you can paste in this thread. Tada!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 8:10 PM
Thanks! That worked!!
Banned
Original Poster
#53 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 12:45 AM
Thanks! That worked!!

Excellent!
Test Subject
#54 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 4:58 AM
Wow, this is great. I am a long time Buffy fan! Is there anything I can help with?
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 5:11 AM
Love the idea I was just about to start a new buffy story with ts3, I've already made some characters, and it's great to know that I'm not the only Buffy fan out there.
Banned
Original Poster
#56 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rileysawyer
Wow, this is great. I am a long time Buffy fan! Is there anything I can help with?

Sure! It depends on your area of expertise. Are you interested in creating sims? You can use our character list for reference but if you have better traits in mind for certain characters then that's perfectly fine.

Community and residential lots would be a great help as well, houses especially. So far we have Buffy's House, Xander and Anya's Apartment, and Giles's Apartment. You can also work on any of the other locations mentioned in the first post if you'd like. I'm thinking maybe we could have Southern California type homes surrounding Buffy's House on Revello Drive instead of the default EA homes.

Welcome to the thread, jrf12391! Looking forward to reading your Sims 3 Buffy story. It's nice having us Buffy fans get together to keep the show alive.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 8:08 PM
I tried to make Buffy and Cordelia (but there not very good so any constructive criticism would be appreciated.)

Buffy

Cordelia

Banned
Original Poster
#58 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 12:18 AM
Thanks for sharing pics of your sims with us, jrf12391.

I'll be honest, the Buffy sim does not resemble Sarah Michelle Gellar but I know how hard it is to try to recreate characters in the Sims 3 so it's a good try anyhow. That said, I really like the outfit you chose for her--leather jacker and jeans, typically Buffy.

Cordelia's much better, although I can't figure out if it's the eyes or the facial structure that reminds me of Charisma Carpenter. Oh wait, the hair! You definitely got that right. Willow and Tara look good too.

Keep 'em coming!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
Thanks for sharing pics of your sims with us, jrf12391.

I'll be honest, the Buffy sim does not resemble Sarah Michelle Gellar but I know how hard it is to try to recreate characters in the Sims 3 so it's a good try anyhow. That said, I really like the outfit you chose for her--leather jacker and jeans, typically Buffy.

Cordelia's much better, although I can't figure out if it's the eyes or the facial structure that reminds me of Charisma Carpenter. Oh wait, the hair! You definitely got that right. Willow and Tara look good too.

Keep 'em coming!

Yeah I know she's bad but I'm not really use to the new creating controls but hopefully i'll get better and thanks for the compliments of Willow and Tara.
Banned
Original Poster
#60 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jrf12391
Yeah I know she's bad but I'm not really use to the new creating controls but hopefully i'll get better and thanks for the compliments of Willow and Tara.

Yeah, I'm still getting used to the new CAS myself. I might try creating characters one of these days but I'll probably stick to building lots for now. I wanted to do Angel's mansion but I can't find any floorplans (even fake ones) online.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 1:22 AM
Yeah, I'm still getting used to the new CAS myself. I might try creating characters one of these days but I'll probably stick to building lots for now. I wanted to do Angel's mansion but I can't find any floorplans (even fake ones) online.

Lol I was planning on building a lot but I can't find any floor plans either.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 1:38 AM Last edited by mangaroo : 14th Aug 2009 at 12:26 AM. Reason: download link removed by moderator
jrf12391 - I think I have some floor plans for Angel's mansion...CharmingFirewaller, didn't you send them to me? Doh....

Been working at these for a couple of days. Hope you like them. Here's my attempt at Cordy and Buffy:

I'll upload these to Mediafire so anyone that's interested can get them!

[Download link removed by moderator]
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 3:45 AM
Holy crap Edejan those are amazing you couldn't have waited till I got crappy versions out of the way could you? Just kidding here's a modified Buffy and better picture of Cordelia...

Cordelia

Buffy

Banned
Original Poster
#64 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 11:44 AM
Your sims look great, guys!

jrf12391 - Ooh, where'd you get Buffy's hair? I've always wanted curly hairstyles for my game. Good choice picking that outfit btw, reminds me of the one she wore for their Season 3 photoshoot.

edejan - Thanks for the Mediafire links! And lol if I had the floorplan for Angel's mansion I would have sent it to you. I've only seen the Magic Box, Willy's Place, The Bronze and Sunset Club (although I don't recall seeing that on the show).

By the way, do you mind if I add your Mediafire links to the first post of this thread? I'll credit you, of course.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 7:01 PM
[QUOTE=jrf12391]Holy crap Edejan those are amazing you couldn't have waited till I got crappy versions out of the way could you? Just kidding here's a modified Buffy and better picture of Cordelia...

Get out!! Your Cordy and Buffy are great!!! Thanks for sharing!

And CharmingFirewaller, you're right!! As I thought about this overnight, I remembered I found the floor plans on a blog I found by googling. I'm going to go try to find it again so I can provide a link! And sure, feel free to move the links to wherever you want! :D

Edit: Here ya go!!

http://members.shaw.ca/pjzallday/Fu.../FloorPlans.htm
Banned
Original Poster
#66 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=jrf12391]Holy crap Edejan those are amazing you couldn't have waited till I got crappy versions out of the way could you? Just kidding here's a modified Buffy and better picture of Cordelia...

Get out!! Your Cordy and Buffy are great!!! Thanks for sharing!

And CharmingFirewaller, you're right!! As I thought about this overnight, I remembered I found the floor plans on a blog I found by googling. I'm going to go try to find it again so I can provide a link! And sure, feel free to move the links to wherever you want! :D

Edit: Here ya go!!

http://members.shaw.ca/pjzallday/Fu.../FloorPlans.htm

Bless you!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 12:31 AM Last edited by jrf12391 : 13th Aug 2009 at 12:51 AM.
Your sims look great, guys!

jrf12391 - Ooh, where'd you get Buffy's hair? I've always wanted curly hairstyles for my game. Good choice picking that outfit btw, reminds me of the one she wore for their Season 3 photoshoot.

edejan - Thanks for the Mediafire links! And lol if I had the floorplan for Angel's mansion I would have sent it to you. I've only seen the Magic Box, Willy's Place, The Bronze and Sunset Club (although I don't recall seeing that on the show).

By the way, do you mind if I add your Mediafire links to the first post of this thread? I'll credit you, of course.

I'm not one hundred percent sure how I got Buffy's hair all I know is that it popped up after I downloaded Megan fox sim on the sims resource if you want I can proved a link and Edejan thanks for the compliment.

Edit*
Here it is...
Banned
Original Poster
#68 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 3:57 PM
Thanks jrf12391. I try to be cautious when downloading stuff from TSR, especially after that malware drama we've been hearing about. Same reason I didn't get the Wisteria Lane houses from there.

But thank you, it's the thought that counts.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 7:36 PM

jrf12391 - Ooh, where'd you get Buffy's hair? I've always wanted curly hairstyles for my game.

Really? I think it looks hideous up close. Those arent curls, they're folds. No offence toward the Buffy sim, it looks good as long as you don't look at the hair too closely. I hope someone will come up with a better hairdo for her.

And Edejan, that Cordelia looks good. Not perfect but it's definitely her. Jaw looks a little too square, and I'm pretty sure the eyes should be brown.
Ooooo nice neutral picture:here
Mad Poster
#70 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 8:04 PM Last edited by edejan : 13th Aug 2009 at 8:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Thanatozz
And Edejan, that Cordelia looks good. Not perfect but it's definitely her. Jaw looks a little too square, and I'm pretty sure the eyes should be brown.
[/URL]

Sorry, I thought here eyes were hazel and I tried to make it a greenish brown to mimic that.

And CharmingFirewaller, here's another nice hair, more wavy than curly and it's not from TSR:

http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=13735.0
Scholar
#71 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 9:43 PM Last edited by summersong86 : 13th Aug 2009 at 9:59 PM.
I have made a Buffy, using Peggy's Skintone and custom default eyes by an artist whose name I have to look up. I think she looks pretty accurate but the problem is in-game there is a shadow under her lip I can't get rid of. It looks like she's got a goatee. I know she's supposed to be part of the Scooby Gang but I don't think I wanted her to be Shaggy!

Anyway I would still try uploading her...here or wherever I can get approval on her but don't know if she's good enough, considering she has that shadowing under her lip.

I forgot to mention I don't have any slider hacks (anymore) so the facial sculpt will hold true for anyone who downloads her. When I get a chance I'll also try to get photos of her with the default Maxis skin and possibly some other custom skins I have just to see if she can be compatible with a lot of different possible configurations. Some of my sims hold up well with a variety of skins, some don't. I think this one would be just okay. Not great. just okay. Wavy hair is by NewSea. I will go look up who made the eyes and edit to add that info back in. Sorry about that.

UPDATE: Eyes are by Syera and found here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=350422
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 10:33 PM
Hey guys I wrote this buffy story awhile ago using the sims 2 and I was just wondering if you could tell me if it's any good.

here's the story
Scholar
#73 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 10:41 PM
I took out the custom eyes and skintones so this is what she looks like with EA defaults:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 10:47 PM
That's the best Sarah Michelle Gellar sim I've seen so far, summersong86.

(Now I hope the others aren't offended.)
Scholar
#75 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jrf12391
Hey guys I wrote this buffy story awhile ago using the sims 2 and I was just wondering if you could tell me if it's any good.

here's the story
I like it. Must have been a lot of work to set up those shots.
Page 3 of 19