Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Even More Default Eye Replacements [Updated 8/12/10]

by shadowwolf5889 Posted 18th Aug 2009 at 12:34 AM - Updated 12th Aug 2010 at 1:09 PM by shadowwolf5889 : Added alternate versions.

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 12:40 AM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 12:42 AM
I love the sparkle eyes, I will definitely give them a try, thankyou!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 5:20 AM
They are really beautiful! Thank you!
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 8:52 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 22nd Aug 2009 at 3:25 AM. Reason: removed off topic image
Very cool. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 5:32 PM
I like the sparkle eyes ^^

Sims addict since 2003
And proud of it!

[Simpage] [Screenhots]
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 4:22 AM
Lovely, thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 3:12 PM
wow nice job i love the sparkle eyes but i already have hp's no worries i'll download then=m anyways never hurts to have something else to choose from.

.: don't expect from me what you would from other people, it's just not possible :.
Inventor
#9 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 1:19 AM
They are great, I'm torn between the Sparkle and the Shiny
Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 5:49 AM
I can Not get it to show up.
Please help me out?
I place them in Mods packages.....Now what?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 9:26 PM
Thanks everyone ^^ Glad you like them.

Quote: Originally posted by xbeanerx
I can Not get it to show up.
Please help me out?I place them in Mods packages.....Now what?

If they are in the right folder and not showing up in game, try deleting your caches.

In the My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder there are four files with "Cache" in them and those are safe to delete.

You can also go to the "WorldCaches" folder and delete the Riverview/Sunset Valley (whichever is in the folder) Sims package files there if the eyes work in CAS but not on pre-existing Sims.

Hopefully that helps =\ If not, then I'm not sure what the problem is and you'll need to look on the boards or something and see if anyone has the same problem or solutions.
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 7:10 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 21st Aug 2009 at 8:29 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 2808797, 2808642, 2807437
Quote: Originally posted by shadowwolf5889
Thanks everyone ^^ Glad you like them.

If they are in the right folder and not showing up in game, try deleting your caches.

In the My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder there are four files with "Cache" in them and those are safe to delete.

You can also go to the "WorldCaches" folder and delete the Riverview/Sunset Valley (whichever is in the folder) Sims package files there if the eyes work in CAS but not on pre-existing Sims.

Hopefully that helps =\ If not, then I'm not sure what the problem is and you'll need to look on the boards or something and see if anyone has the same problem or solutions.

Hey thank you for taking your valuable time to help me out.
Your Mods are Fn cool
I will try what you said.

Every time i remove all caches and i start the game they come back wtf?
they keep poping back in

Well for sure i remove them all and i start game and they come back.
How did you guys Remove the files with out them coming back?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#13 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 8:31 PM
xbeanerx, that's what the cache files are *supposed* to do. They hold data the game needs, but that data can become outdated when adding/removing CC – deleting the cache files makes the game regenerate them so that they're up to date again.

Also, please don't triple post. You can use the "edit" button underneath your post if you have something to add.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 12:41 AM Last edited by xbeanerx : 23rd Aug 2009 at 7:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
xbeanerx, that's what the cache files are *supposed* to do. They hold data the game needs, but that data can become outdated when adding/removing CC – deleting the cache files makes the game regenerate them so that they're up to date again.

Also, please don't triple post. You can use the "edit" button underneath your post if you have something to add.

Ok so give me the Solution how did these guys do it?
So educate me i am waiting!

WTF how did you guys keep them from coming back?
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 5:51 PM
Thank you for sharing. I realy like them.
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 8:35 AM
Default Plastic thanks for you.... Help!!
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox

Hey Plastic you told me the problem with the cache and you told me Not to triple post but the only thing you did NOT tell me is How to find a Solution!!
But it is Ok i found my Own.
Thanks Shadowwolf for trying to help me find a Solution.
Here is what i Did Instead of Deleting the files i Disabled them by typing in the word .Ini. at the end of all 4 cache files. This works i remember my Moding for Civ4. and Total War.
Any one else has Problems with eyes Not showing up just disable and your good to go.
nice work Shadowwolf
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 2:18 AM
I love the sparkle eyes! They look gorgeous in game. Thanks so much

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 9:56 PM
thanks much!
Test Subject
#19 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 8:10 AM
..for now, judging by the screenshots that show your eyes have a larger pupil option - Ima vers.2, I'm gonna use your eyes as default (I detest narrow pupils) so thanks for providing these..
Inventor
#20 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 9:43 PM
xbeanerx I can't even imagine how you're running the game after renaming the files unless it just regenerated new ones. The Cache files are supposed to be there ou only need to delete them when you have added or changed things like Default Replacements or modified a core mod like Awesome. There's no need to change the files and no one said they aren't supposed to be there ever. They remake them selves each time they have been deleted because the game stores data there and makes it faster loading things.
Test Subject
#21 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 7:38 PM
The sparkle eyes are my favorite, thanks so much for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 15th May 2010 at 10:36 AM
your Ima and Sparkle eyes are very beautiful and different.thank you!
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th May 2010 at 7:59 PM
Where would I find the eye replacements in-game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by laurenruth915
Where would I find the eye replacements in-game?

Sorry for the late reply. I don't really come on MTS too much anymore.

I'm sure you've figured this out by now... but since they're default replacements, they automatically show up on your Sims.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 2:12 AM
The Sparkle Eyes are beautiful! Absolutely perfect! I'm so happy now
Page 1 of 2