Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Home Healthcare Career

by joninmobile Posted 17th Aug 2009 at 1:13 AM - Updated 11th Oct 2009 at 5:10 PM by joninmobile

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 1:19 AM
Yay, you uploaded it!

ENTJ
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 1:29 AM Last edited by mac : 17th Aug 2009 at 1:31 AM. Reason: addition
Bravo! This *should* be a career of the future! Aging populations will require assistance. In-home care, where possible, is the most humane solution.

At the risk of setting the "death-committee" yahoos off, I will also note that hospice allowed my father to spend his last days in relative comfort and dignity!

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 2:27 AM
I usually don't download custom careers, but one of my sims happens to be a 'caregiver' type of person. Thanks for making this!

I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I hope she is in a comfortable position, and is doing well.

P.S. Love the new avatar. I adore Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac!
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by silverwolf1231
I usually don't download custom careers, but one of my sims happens to be a 'caregiver' type of person. Thanks for making this!

I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I hope she is in a comfortable position, and is doing well.

P.S. Love the new avatar. I adore Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy the career.

My mother is doing much better, thanks so much for your concern. She has a home nurse that comes twice a week to bathe her, and take her blood pressure. I help her with things like cooking, cleaning, and getting dressed.
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 3:11 AM
After having been a Home Attendant for three years, I have to say, this is very well done. I happily download it.

-C
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 4:56 AM
this is great i am a home heath aid that cared for my own mother till her death in 2006 i have since cared for other people while im in nurseing school i am very happy that our sims can do this rewarding work as well
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 10:42 AM
Great, great, great career ! Looks fantastic to play with ! Thanks a ton for sharing
Forum Resident
#9 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 10:49 AM
Glad you uploaded this Jon! It really is a great career! Thanks!!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Scholar
#10 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 3:54 PM
I can't imagine what the career award is... Could you tell us what it is and give some idea of the skills progression? Also, I imagine that the outfit, at least at the lower levels, is nurses' scrubs.

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:10 PM
My mother has been a home health care provider my whole life- i will gladly download this career...maybe my moms sim can get this job

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.- Proverbs 31:30
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 8:39 PM
outstanding!
Banned
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mac
I can't imagine what the career award is... Could you tell us what it is and give some idea of the skills progression? Also, I imagine that the outfit, at least at the lower levels, is nurses' scrubs.

The career reward is the Maxis' Surgical Dummy.
Instructor
#14 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 11:04 PM
Thank you for creating and sharing this. I'm staying at home just now to care full time for my 92-year-old mom and the home health team that's been assisting me has been invaluable. So I doubly appreciate this new career. Thanks again.
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 11:17 PM
This is an amazing career to create, well done and thanks.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother, also.
My mother has MS too but fortunately she's still very independant and determined
I wish you and your family well and thanks again.
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 5:15 AM
I've been waiting for a Home Healthcare career to be created. Now my Mommy sim can be almost identical to real life, where she is a home healthcare nurse as well.
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 3:01 AM
My in about the course of three years, my father has gone from a semi-pro body-builder to being completely wheelchair bound. I know what people with MS have to go through (it's because of MS that my dad is in his current condition, he has primary progressive) so I am sorry for your mother. Thank you for the mod, I hope that all works out for you guys
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 4:39 AM
I'm so sorry about your mother and I'm glad she is doing much better!My dad was also in a nursing home,he couldn't do anything for himself,sadly he passed away and I miss him so much.Thank you for taking the time to do this career,bless you.

Don't be someone's...Down-time,spare-time,part-time,or sometime.
If they can't be there for you all the time,then they're not even worth your time!!!
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 8:21 AM
I'm sorry about your mother. My mum has breast cancer and is always complaining about her chemo. It makes me feel terrible because I can't do anything about it. On top of that, almost everyone in my family has/died of cancer.
I feel just great. -_-
Banned
#20 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 1:53 AM
yay,yay,yay,yay,yay,yay,yay,yay,yay,yay,yay,yay,yay,yay,yay,yay,yay,yay,yay

THANK YOU! Finaly a good stinking Job!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 4:00 AM
This is a great career track, it's so sweet and it really hits home. I am so sorry about your mother, I knew a woman with severe MS and she needed several home caregivers for her because she had no children.
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 9:45 PM
My mom had MS for over ten years, before dying of it two years ago... but on a happier note...
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 2:53 AM
To be honest, I wasn't really interested in downloading this career, but for some reason I clicked it anyway... It's not that I don't care in real life, it's just that very few of my sims have jobs that don't sound "Exciting" enough... But reading through the overview, I found it really touching, and I know from the few times I've gone to visit seniors at the homes that a friendly face sometimes really makes them happy. One lady couldn't even speak english, but her whole face lit up just because I was willing to talk to her. I know that's a little different, but... So I wanted to let you know, I downloaded this and I am going to play it... If I can't make a difference in the real world, at least I can make one in my game...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 4:17 AM
I love it thanks! I've been looking for something like this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:42 AM
I always love careers thank you vary much for your good effort and work on your part :)
Page 1 of 2