Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Recolorable] - Maxis Modular Stairs - I

by HugeLunatic Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 7:43 PM - Updated 6th Feb 2018 at 10:21 PM by HugeLunatic

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 8:05 PM
That first step door BHAV is such a handy thing, thanks for that, and the recolorability.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 10:36 PM
This is so exciting! Thank you!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 3:04 AM
Excellent, thank you!

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 7:14 AM
Oh Wow ! Thanks a ton for this !
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 11:16 AM
Wheee! I was just wishing for something like this the other day :D
Scholar
#7 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 1:32 PM
Most excellent, HL! Thanks a bunch!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 3:19 PM
wow, thanks a lot! takin' on numenor's job!
Scholar
#9 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 6:48 PM
Thanks so much. The concrete indestructible stairs wilkl fit nicely into my vast stucco project.
Instructor
#10 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 7:16 PM
I am using the Chic set since I only have base game. Must say the railings are nice but the stairs are broken. I have attempted to insert the stairs and the game refuses to place them down.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 8:44 PM
Instructor
#12 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 9:33 PM
Now they work. Aren't they suppose to be white though?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 10:25 PM
Instructor
#14 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 10:33 PM
Ah! Thanx. I never knew that. Well everything is working like they should be.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 2:03 PM
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 2:31 PM
oops, sorry. numenor likes it when we do it. if you really don't want them there i can remove it.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#17 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 7:00 PM
@ Akven - LOL, yes, I used to asked that, but it was long ago. Now it's definitely preferable to upload the recolours separately, providing the link to this thread as the "required mesh".

@ HugeLunatic - I do know how time-consuming (and quite boring...) is making a staircaserecolourable, so... hat off to you!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 12:07 AM
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 4:23 AM
I don't know why but I just cannot recolor my chic stairs. The matching fence is there but the stairs aren't. My only expansion pack is University, by the way. I also have the application downloaded that allows me to recolor objects and it definitely works.
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 11:32 AM
Hiya.... I've downloaded the chic stairs, but only the railing is coming up; no stairs anywhere... I don't know where else they could be apart from in the stairs section of build mode. Any ideas?
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 3:00 AM
@Izziejelly: If I understand correctly, you seem to be looking for custom stairs. These stairs are replacements, meaning they override the ORIGINAL maxis stairs. You should already have the stairs in your game, seeing as they are maxis stairs. all this download does is allow them to be recolorable. The chic stairs should be there no matter what EP's/SP's you have. If you think you may have downloaded incorrectly, simply test it by placing the maxis chic stairs in game. Then, select the recolor tool and clock on one of the steps. you should get some recolors. if you don't, then either you have the wrong stairs or something went wrong with the download.
hope I helped, sorry if I assumed anything incorrectly.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 2:27 PM
Wonderful! Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th May 2011 at 10:21 PM
Why haven't I found this before!?

Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 1:33 PM
you are amazing thank you!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 1:47 AM
This is fabulous. The problem is that no matter how hard I try, it rewrites the purple. I make sure to save it under a different name and everything, but every single time, the purple seems to be replaced. I'm not used to recoloring creator stuff, but I went into the download folders and opened it up. Another little problem is how small and undetailed the picture comes out. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?
Page 1 of 2