Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Trailer Park

by Sims3Addicted Posted 31st Aug 2009 at 12:09 AM

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 1:46 AM
thanks this is a nice place for my poor sims
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 1:54 AM
Thank you...this is really cool... very realistic looking. Creative idea, so we don't mind the un-creative name! Great work!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 2:08 AM
This is a gorgeous lot with so many possibilities!!
The name is fitting and understated - great work!
x
Instructor
#5 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 5:24 AM
Now this - THIS - is a trailer park. Thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 2:05 AM
Thanks guys, glad you all like it. It was a fun build.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 2:41 AM
Really fun build but I think I found a couple bugs. I found the first right after moving a family in but it is minor and didn't deter me. The second is a bit worse.

The first bug is that in the front of the lot there are a bunch of chairs and a stereo all piled up on each other. I could most likely fix this by moving the family out and editing the lot (only because I am not currently playing that family, if I was playing it I could fix it even quicker).

The second thing is that all the sims ended up trapped within a trailer. It's a sequence of events that caused this to happen, but basically I moved a family of 5 into the trailers, but I didn't make them the active family. My active family has visited them a couple times and all seemed well. The family I moved in has a toddler. They took the toddler up into a front trailer that you have to use stairs to get into. Then the rest of the sims all went in the same trailer. The baby then decided it wanted to leave, so it crawled out the door, and when it got to the top of the stairs it stopped cause it can't get down them. The father then decided to pick the baby up but cornered the toddler on the landing, then the rest of the family came out. Now they are all stuck on the landing and they can't seem to move.

One of my sims is friends enough to try to pickup the toddler but when I try she just complains of there being no path to get to it. I thought it might break itself free after awhile but so far it isn't, they now all have green stink clouds and are bitching up a storm :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 3:02 AM
lol Pumpkin Masher. Wow!

I did test this lot before upload, making sure everything was accessible, like the toilet, chairs, beds etc. I didn't go to the extent you did though, since I didn't actually play this lot for an extended period of time.

I have a testing sim which I use on every lot I create to make sure wherever something is placed, a sim can use it.

I'm not really surprised by what you've said though, since it's really not very smart to have only a one width walkway in any lot, because the sims *can* get stuck. However, with this particular lot, there wasn't much choice if I wanted to keep it somewhat realistic.

As for the bunch of furniture piled on each other. That is very strange. I'll reinstall it and have a look.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 3:21 AM
Here is a picture of what's goin on....

As for the floating furniture, I had something similar happen with the family I am playing. The sim was planting a tree and when I was placing seeds I accidentally dragged some and they disappeared from sight, but she still "planted" them.

I had no idea where they went for awhile then I happened to look at my lot with the walls all the way up and saw the trees flaoting in the front corner of the lot, same place as these things in the picture. I had to use the moveobjects cheat to move the plants back down to ground level, and all was well.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 6:11 AM
Pumpkin Masher, I reinstalled the lot and I couldn't find those items you show in your screenshot. I'm not sure what's going on, but they definitely aren't there on my end.

My suggestion would be to temporarily move out your family, just keep them in the clipboard, then edit the lot and while in there, delete the objects you can see. You can also use moveobjects to move the stuck family if you wish to make them the active family for a minute.

I'm sorry it's being a pain for you.
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 9:29 PM
oh it's not being a pain, just wanted to make you aware is all. I've been taking a close look at your screenshots and I figured out that the pile is all the kitchen tables and chairs, as well as the computer and radio. However when I pulled the pile apart there was no tables, just chairs, the computer, and the radio. The tables and chairs are not in place in any of the trailers, but everythign else is.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 7:55 AM
That is so weird. Thank you for letting me know, Pumpkin Masher. I'm glad you got it sorted out
Field Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 3:35 AM
I'm getting the same glitch, with the furniture floating off at the edge of the lot. There's even a computer out there that I can't even grab to get rid of it. It's mostly the dining furniture, a bit of electronics.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 9:53 AM
Thanks for uploading this it's a really cool thing to have in a sims game
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 3:52 AM
It is great! I like that! Though it would be awesome to have a whole (small) trailer map in CAW. It would look like a real trailer park. Just an idea though (I totally cannot build that so I propose it).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 10:57 PM
uhh the stairs and railings link dont work :\
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 10:33 PM
Srikandi's Stairs and Railings is link broken reup please?other wise as for the trailor park and the furniture thanks a million.btw you dont need Srikandi's Stairs it will work without it and the game will add a proxy verson of Stairs and Railings
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 3:30 AM Last edited by emilyan889 : 24th Jun 2014 at 5:31 PM.
ummm it crashes when i place the lot.I do not recommend this download. it may crash due to misssing the Srikandi's Stairs and Railings which is no longer here please let me know when you have the whole set uploaded
//update//ok i found two files one with purple icon will crash it I recommend you to delete it there is another one with the folder icon this is the one you want to use,it worked for me.
and as far for junk thats because you do not have items that this lot requires and it replaced it with items of the same price value which is why you are seeing what you see Additional Credits:
The following CC was used in this lot Fresh_Prince's Westside Dining Set and Srikandi's Stairs and Railings
this means you need to dowload these files seperate.,Srikandi's Stairs and Railings is a dead link,so you will have to do some cleanup to delete what was placed in this objects place.to minimize junk download Fresh_Prince's Westside Dining Set.you have to install a mod and manager for this to work.used to be a launcher file some were so try to google it.
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lytefoot
I'm getting the same glitch, with the furniture floating off at the edge of the lot. There's even a computer out there that I can't even grab to get rid of it. It's mostly the dining furniture, a bit of electronics.

that because they are proxies/replaced items you need ccmagic to install the dependecies