Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

73 Barlow Parade - 3Bdrm 2Bthrm - §57,774 unfrn, §118,263 frn

by cool_simmer Posted 12th Sep 2009 at 4:22 AM

10 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 4:35 AM
The fact your upload was approved, already shows it's worthy

I like it a lot. The first thing I noticed, was how neat the roof is. That always impresses me.

The only thing I *could* criticize would be the plant to the right (our right) of the TV is more an outside plant, but since there's not much variety in the base game, I understand exactly why it's there.

Nice job!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 5:19 AM
Beatiful first upload, and as Sims3Addicted said, the simple fact that it was approved shows that it is of a high standard. The roof is excellent, and you have paid attention to every detail. Great Job

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 5:44 AM
Thanks for the positive comments, especially from 2 great uploaders!

Hopefully, my next house (thats what I specialize in) will be of equal or better quality, and now that I'm filled with confidence, I feel motivated to have another go!

Thanks again! =]
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 11:38 AM
This is awesome! Is it really your first? Great job!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 5:51 PM
This is amazing and I love it, very nice work! :D

♫ dpunker75 ♫
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 10:59 AM
Only problem is it that I can see is that the master bedroom looks like a hospital ward. Very good though!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 10:52 PM
lol, a hospital ward? Ha, I'll try something different next time! =]
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 7:56 AM
Wow, I really love this! Too bad it's not a 4 bedroom house. ):
But that's okay, I'll download it anyway. And if this is your first, I really can't wait for more of your creations.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 9:24 AM Last edited by katana : 30th Sep 2009 at 3:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by cool_simmer
lol, a hospital ward? Ha, I'll try something different next time! =]

I think it's the color scheme. I often have a similar reaction to pastels, especially that minty aqua color because it reminds me of scrubs and plastic bedpans or something. It doesn't look anything like a hospital room in-game, however.

Overall, this house looks VERY nice, particularly for a first upload. The layout looks like it would be pretty easy to play. My only real criticism is that the seating in the pool area looks a bit jumbled and mismatched. At first I also thought that the bedrooms looked a bit smallish in comparison to the scale of the rest of the house, but now that I've seen it in-game, I think the large patio just makes the screenshot feel off-balance even though it doesn't give that impression once you start playing. I'm generally anti-paving the whole backyard, so I might just be biased.

The exterior and interior design are pretty nice, and I love the openness of the central area (that's my favorite part of the decorating, too). The levels in the backyard are really cool, and the roof is great.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 6:58 AM
Very nice!