Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hogan Deep-fried diner redo

by lanawinst Posted 26th Sep 2009 at 6:42 PM

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 7:26 PM
This looks great! Very creative use of the limited stuff we got, and good job on the diner seat!
Scholar
#3 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 9:32 PM
sweet! great work!

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 10:29 PM
Excellent work Lanawinst!! It would have been nice if EA had given us a least one eating establishment that we could actually go inside and dine. I appreciate the work you did here giving people more incentive to let their Sims go out to eat.
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 10:34 PM
I thought we wouldn't be able to have community lots like this until an expansion pack came out. But I'm not complaining, this is AMAZING
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 11:31 PM
So just so i have this straight( and very excited about this) i can actaully take my sims...inside....and watch them eat and be served like with TS2.....this is one thing i desperately miss about Ts2...thank you sososososososososo much!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 11:52 PM
yea how did you get the other sims to serve your sims so they could eat?
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 11:56 PM
is the same as getting served in ts2?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 12:12 AM
Thanks everyone! Lemoncandy, it wouldn't look as nice without your stuff But I'm proud of my first mesh, not because it's gorgeous or hard because it's obviously not but it's the first *thing* effect

Sorry everyone this is not a mod so people won't serve you, you have to make them do that. I know only two options here:
- You control the sim because he's in your active family and make him serve. That's what I've done.
- You install twallan mod, The NRaas SimSelector, that allow you to take control of inactive sims and make him serve
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 12:48 AM
Sweet! This is perfect for my movie...

Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.
- Peter Griffin

Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 10:46 AM
Thanks so much for the diner seats. I have a greasy spoon eatery inside The Rave Warehouse and this is perfect for it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 3:11 PM
This looks great. One question: I order to use this do I have to download all of the other mods listed, or will they just come with the building?
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 4:33 PM
thanks, this is so cool!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 7:18 PM
Thanks you guys for the nice feedback

stevieo70, yes, you have to download all the patterns and objects if you want the lot as pictured. With the sims 3 we can't include custom content.
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 7:33 AM
Thanks, i think this is similar to "Pub and Diner" @ http://simlogical.com/sl/Sims3/PubA...PubAndDiner.htm.

But this is Amazing .
Forum Resident
#16 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 2:09 PM
Well, I bulldozed the diner and replaced with your diner. It goes onto the lot, and the question about accepting the lot or rotating comes up, I click accept and then the game just stays there, It freezes. It does not go back to edit town. Did you use any global mods or anything in making this lot that would conflict with something I have? Please tell me what global mods or game mods you used so I can figure this out.

If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, then what about an empty desk?

My stuff may be used in uploads if 1. Credit is given, 2. link to my page provided. Happy simming!
McAlli's page
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 6:48 PM Last edited by lanawinst : 28th Sep 2009 at 7:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by McAlli
Well, I bulldozed the diner and replaced with your diner. It goes onto the lot, and the question about accepting the lot or rotating comes up, I click accept and then the game just stays there, It freezes. It does not go back to edit town. Did you use any global mods or anything in making this lot that would conflict with something I have? Please tell me what global mods or game mods you used so I can figure this out.

Really sorry about that, I unfortunately have several mods but most are not core mods that shoudn't create conflicts so maybe it's because of awesome?

Just in case here is my full mod list:
- awesome
- jordi autonomous woohoo
- no intro
- Cooking and ingredient overhaul
- IT career
- NRaas Career
-NRaas computer
- chaosModPainting
- misc (autotoiletwashhand-betternames-fishdon'tdie- all the HP fixes-sinkmorrors-sprinklerchildrenonly)

Edit: If you can't figure it out, tell me because I could remove all my mods except the doors used and upload it like that.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 3:17 PM Last edited by McAlli : 29th Sep 2009 at 8:14 PM.
Could you upload a version with none of those mods. I actually didn't want any of those. I already have the game fixed so I have no intro by using Pescado's program that prevents higher end graphic cards from overheating. I purposefully did not add the other stuff either. Now I am wondering if I have any of these mods and it is going to be a bear to look in all the .ini, etc to see if they have changed. I always thought that when a building was posted to this site, all mods used should be listed. especially when they aren't needed for the building to work. If you choose to use mods like this in the future, you reallly should post them so people know what changes are going to be made to their game without their knowledge. If you could upload one without the mods I would appreciate it.

I must say that you did a terrific job on this. Now if only the one without mods will work I will be a happy camper because I love this.
Hopefully, the next EP going to egypt, france, etc. will allow us to enter the buildings with our sims!!!!

If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, then what about an empty desk?

My stuff may be used in uploads if 1. Credit is given, 2. link to my page provided. Happy simming!
McAlli's page
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#19 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 9:16 PM
McAlli: Examination of the Sims3Pack and package file reveals zero evidence of any such extras being uploaded. Sims 3 is not like Sims 2 - it does not include any global mods or hacks that the creator might have in Lot uploads.

Global Mods and XML tuning mods simply wouldn't be transferred in an upload, and, indeed, this is the first I've ever heard somebody claim that a Sims 3 lot here contains suck hacks, especially considering that the game itself doesn't package them with the Lot.

May I respectfully suggest that any issues are due to something else, and not with this particular upload? Thank you.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 6:42 AM
well, There is the answer. Loud and clear. Thanks for explaining that. Still can't get this peticular lot to work though. Wish I could. I really think its fantastic. Can't find the answer anywhere.

McAlli's page
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 4:45 AM
I'm really sorry but I don't know what I could do for you. I don't think my file was corrupted or I should have heard a lot of complaints by now. So if it's not my file have you tried the help forum?
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 5:37 PM
can i still download this without downloading all of the other things listed? Thanks!
BTW. this is awesome!
Forum Resident
#23 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 3:51 AM
thanks lanawisnt, but I don't think there is anything you can do and I don't think it is your lot. Sims3 still has so many unknowns and it also has some problems. I probably won't get this figured out. I don't seem to have any other problems with the game. Who knows, there might be an error somewhere on my lot in my game. But I do want to tell you that I think your diner is terrific. You did an excellent make over.

McAlli's page
Forum Resident
#24 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 3:03 PM
Well, I read somewhere else online that some one was having the same difficulty as I was. They solved it by: buldozing property then saving, changing to residential, saving, building something on it (like a fence),saving, then bulldozing, then saving, then changing lot back to commercial. I tried it. It worked. Now your diner is installed and I am so glad I finally got it. Aparently there is a glitch in the game that causes this. Someone else had a problem with a beach property and had to do the above steps. Thanks for this wonderful building

McAlli's page