Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simtopia: 5 Hoods (Municipal, Mountain, Lake, Island & Delta)

by StephSim Posted 12th Oct 2009 at 5:42 PM - Updated 27th Feb 2012 at 6:22 PM by StephSim : Updating Download.

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Theorist
#2 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 7:53 PM
Woohoo! You're off to a great start - congratulations!
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 8:00 PM
I like them!
#4 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 8:30 PM
::nab::

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 8:43 PM
My favourite is the Island one, I love the three different levels there!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 4:45 AM Last edited by StephSim : 13th Oct 2009 at 4:56 AM.
Default Simtopia Is Born! YEAH BABY!
David - Couldn't have done it without the inspiration from you. :lovestruc 2U

Bshupe - Glad you like!

GOD (Love The Name) - Enjoy.

Ginger -
The island is also my favorite too for the very reason you stated. Although the Municipal was the most fun to decorate.

Enjoy the neighborhoods...my first neighborhoods at that!

I'm off to build more Simtopia Community lots to decorate these neighborhoods. I want to upload Community Set #2 and #3 by the weekend. However, I must get Set #1 approved first.

All in good time....All in good time.

TTFN!
~*~Stephanie~*~

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Instructor
#7 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 5:28 AM
Thank you so much! One can never have too many neighborhoods to choose from. =)
Instructor
#8 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 9:12 AM
I love the mountain and especially the island because of the levels! It's giving me some great ideas and thank you very much for sharing!
#9 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 7:22 PM
"Thank you so much! One can never have too many neighborhoods to choose from. =)"

I do! WAY too many, but I`ll continue downloading more.

"GOD (Love The Name) - Enjoy." .

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 2:37 AM
Alma, 101ita, GOD,

I have so few neighborhoods myself.

The only one of these hoods that don't move me is the LAKE one. The lake is a bit TOO BIG, but I plan to fix and reupload that hood soon. I can barely run Sim City 4 or The Sims 2 right now, but come tomorrow that will change when my computer is rebuilt with better graphics FINALLY after all these months!

At any rate...I'm glad you like the HOODS and one never knows what the future holds for me and stepping up my neighborhood designs!

Take care and do enjoy setting up your hoods!

~*~Stephanie~*~

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Beautiful Dinosaur
#11 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 3:22 PM
These are fantastic! Especially the Island District - love the levels, you are a genius.
#12 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 7:03 PM
"I have so few neighborhoods myself."
Actually, I have, in addition to the standard neighborhoods [which I never play], one hack-testing neighborhood, one neighborhood that I created when I needed to create an unused beach-lot for testing purposes, a "Lot Bin" neighborhood, and ONE neighborhood that I play. What I have "too many" of are SC4 terrain files. I already have more installed than I`m likely to ever use, more than that awaiting installation, and I still eagerly download more.

As for the lake being too big, that isn`t an issue to me; I have a home-brew camera hack that allows me to use roads right out to the very edge itself. D`you have such?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 1:26 AM
Bella
Thanks. Yes the Island District is really nice. Genius-not quite, but it is something to aim for! Kidding!

God
I guess I should have also said so few in game .SC4 files. As I don't have much of anything in my game right now with the exception of objects I'm using for pictures. I do have the Camera hack, but it is not installed. I had issues with it in the past (could have been a myriad of things from OS to graphics card...so I only use it when I am in "playing" phase. Right now, I'm in "design" phase. Thanks for reminding me about that though.

As for the lake...UPDATED! Since people love the levels so much, I added a bit to the Lake District, which looks really awesome in game mode. So, add that to your SC4Terrain folder too!

Take care all! I'm off for premarital counseling - (pure torture)!

~*~Stephanie~*~

~*~Stephanie~*~
#14 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 7:19 PM
So what`dya do to the lake? Will I want that, or the one I already have?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 5:53 AM
Oh I think the updated version is much better. The lake was just that an enormous lake. Now the terrain has a leveled mountain and a deep canyon lake in the distance, which looks awesome when viewing from the lots. There are also more beach lot playable spaces around the lake. I'm learning to use the Sim City 4 tools better, so updating it was a blast really. DOWNLOAD IT ALREADY! See for yourself grasshopper. :P

~*~Stephanie~*~
Scholar
#16 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 4:46 PM
I've just made a new neighbourhood with all four of your terrains (main 'hood, uni, a vacation destination and downtown) - even without lots and any decoration these terrains are the best I've seen! I absolutely love the street layouts, the Municipal 'hood is a perfect downtown, it offers so much space for community lots, parks and residental houses. Thank you so much for making this, I predict my new 'hood will be very pleasantly-looking
#17 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 6:15 PM
Did you update the pictures? Would it be possible to post before-and-after pictures so I can see the differences? Am I being a pest?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 4:26 AM Last edited by StephSim : 17th Oct 2009 at 9:01 PM.
Amairani
Thank you for the compliment. I do love the playability of these hoods as well.The lots are coming! I'm finishing the fire stations and then Set # 3 will be ready for upload! Although you can add any lots you wish...not just mine! Do enjoy the downloads.

GOD
You are not being a pest.

I've added the comparison screenshot. Keep in mind the newer version covers the same landscape, but because the lake is 3 times smaller, it may not appear to be as grand. Playability is what is important. With the new landscape layout you can have a more diverse neighborhood with 2 lake views and functionality. With the new hood, you don't have to turn your lot around to see everything. I may add the old version again if people request it, but for me it's not as Sim friendly.

Ciao! I'm off to prepare for the wedding.

~*~Stephanie~*~
#19 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 8:01 PM
The new lakeside district is definitely worth downloading. ::nab:: The old lakeside district is not bad enough to be worth deleting, though. Methinks I`ll keep `em BOTH. .

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 11:53 PM Last edited by StephSim : 26th Oct 2009 at 6:54 PM.
Hmmm...Some people must have EVERYTHING! I'll get back to finishing up Simtopia Set #2, a requested hood and hopefully get the bulk of Simtopia Set #3 completed. I have a few days before the honeymoon to do so. Enjoy the hoods!

~*~Stephanie~*~
#21 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StephSim
Hmmm...Some people must have EVERYTHING!
Packrat? Yep! .

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 3:01 PM
W00T! Thank you so much! My city turning out much more beautifully than usual because of your lovely handiwork. Thanks alot and happy marital bliss!

Maximus Laboratories: We do what must because we can.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 6:47 PM Last edited by StephSim : 26th Oct 2009 at 6:57 PM.
Glad you like and thanks for both the compliment and the inspiration! Both David (my hubby) and I are quite taken with Delta Bay. It's a great addition to the Simtopian hoods! That center island is a huge hit and all the Sims in Simtopia are sure to want to own that 5x5 lot so they too can be at the "center" of the action as you say.

Did you download the "final" version? I sent you the prototype my guinea pig!

I guess I need to get back to honeymooning! Just checking to see if I needed to make changes to the Simtopia Community Set #2 (that I uploaded yesterday). I'm heading out for my mid-day constitutional in downtown Victoria. I love beautiful, big cities that are not overly conjested. What's better is that today it is drizzling. I'm glad that people dislike being out in the rain in general. More city for me to dominate as I continue to explore the idea of being the Queen of my world!

~*~Stephanie~*~
#24 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 8:24 PM
I see you`ve added some new files to your download. ::nab:: I took the new Delta map. Thanks!

Regarding the "ALL" and "OLD" downloads [which I did NOT download, but peeked inside of by clicking on the magnifying glass], I understand that Delphy & Co. do NOT like archives-inside-archives. You might want to look into that.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 11:28 PM Last edited by StephSim : 26th Oct 2009 at 11:49 PM.
Archives inside archives? Surely you jest?

I take it you are referring to zips inside of zips. In all honesty, I see it as a good way to keep things organized, but I can dump it all together if that be the case.

Thanks for the info. Methinks I need a MTS Creator Degree to keep up with things from time to time.

You are absolutely correct as that is the one thing I need to fix in my current upload! I shall do that forthwith! I have about an hour to kill before the hubby concludes a bit of business anyway.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Page 1 of 3