Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

**Outdated**: 6 Recolours of the "Thief Tech's Gotcha! Burglar Alarm"

by Yogi-Tea Posted 15th Oct 2009 at 7:37 PM - Updated 17th Jun 2012 at 12:08 PM by Yogi-Tea : Outdated due to availability of a CASTable version made by CyberBob78

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 7:45 PM
Thanks, this is much appreciated! It would be wonderful to have the smoke alarm recolored too. Thanks for YT. You rock.
Scholar
#3 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 7:52 PM
Totally Agree!
Quote: Originally posted by Island Girl
Thanks, this is much appreciated! It would be wonderful to have the smoke alarm recolored too. Thanks for YT. You rock.

Island girl said it best; on both counts,so i'll just add my "thanks". :lovestruc

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 8:01 PM
thank you so much this was much needed
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 8:10 PM
*Gasp* Thank you so much! I was wondering when someone would get around to this :-)
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Island Girl

I already did upload recolours of the smoke alarm. *lol* I'm currently working at a ceiling smoke alarm - it works fine, I just can't get the thumbnails show up in the catalog so it'll take a few more days before I'll be able to get these uploaded, too.

Thanks to all of you for the comments.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 8:55 PM
You know what's up with the thumbnail. When the game autogenerates them, it takes the "snapshot" from the angle the original clone was shot. In this case about sim-eye level for the alarm. When you moved the object to the ceiling, it just went out of that view, so the thumb will show up looking empty. But you can make a custom thumbnail if it bothers you
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 5:10 AM
Thanks for these to match your great smoke alarms!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 9:55 AM
Oh ! I am happy you also did some recolors for the burglar alarm, these will come so handy ! Thank you
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 4:26 PM
Thank you, folks. I'm so glad that you like the recolours. I've been trying to improve the copper recolour a bit because I'm not completely happy with how it looks in game. As soon as I'm ready with it I'll see if I can add this file, too (not as a replacement for the first copper version but as an additional package).
Quote: Originally posted by lemoncandy
You know what's up with the thumbnail. When the game autogenerates them, it takes the "snapshot" from the angle the original clone was shot. In this case about sim-eye level for the alarm. When you moved the object to the ceiling, it just went out of that view, so the thumb will show up looking empty. But you can make a custom thumbnail if it bothers you
Thank you for this information, lemoncandy. I did read quite alot about missing thumbnails and custom thumbnails, however, as far as I can say most of that information has been written for Sims 2. I haven't found a thread, wiki entry or any post that explains how to adjust the "camera view" for the snapshot in Sims 3.

I'd appreciate any help in this matter or any link to helpful information regarding editing thumbnails in Sims 3. I feel so stupid not being able to get something like that to work in game - and I so much would like to get this working before I'll be on holiday and away from computer for about 5 weeks.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 5:14 PM
I don't know if the angle can be changed or not, it's probably complicated, but you can make little pictures and use them as thumbnail instead. I did that with the ivy.

No wiki or tuts as far as I know, but you can find some information in the s3pi forum, there are 3 threads on this topic on the first page there.

Sorry for the off-topic and have a nice holiday!
Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lemoncandy
Sorry for the off-topic and have a nice holiday!
No problem - I started the off-topic part myself. I'll see if I can find a solution in the s3pi forum, then. If that won't help I may start a new thread for this. Anyway, thank you very much for your help. Without you I wouldn't even have been able to move the fire alarm to the ceiling.
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 8:50 AM
thanks for this download! this is awsm yet again. i also like your smoke alarm recolour!

ElJamo

Hope you have a good day ;) I'm in Australia so I am probably sleeping :D
Add Bacon???
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 3:39 PM
Brilliant work, I don't suppose you could do silver recolours though could you *pleeeeaaaase - is cheeky*. xxx
Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claire DC
Brilliant work, I don't suppose you could do silver recolours though could you *pleeeeaaaase - is cheeky*. xxx
I don't think that I'll do any more recolours for the "Thief Tech's Gotcha! Burglar Alarm" - at least not for quite some time since I'll be on holiday from the end of October to the beginning of December.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 10:34 PM
No worries, thanks anyway. x
Test Subject
#17 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 12:53 PM
thanks a lot