Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

**Outdated**: 8 Recolours of the "Panic Rouser CEILING Fire Alarm"

by Yogi-Tea Posted 17th Oct 2009 at 2:04 PM - Updated 17th Jun 2012 at 12:16 PM by Yogi-Tea : Outdated due to availability of a CASTable version made by CyberBob78

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 2:32 PM
How original! Great job :-)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 3:01 PM
Very Lifelike, Who has smoke-alarms on walls.. Not here, Not in Australia, haha, another wonderful addition to my homes, thank you again Yogi-Tea!

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Theorist
#4 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 3:03 PM
Great job and thanks. We have fire alarms all over... ceilings and walls here in Canada.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 3:48 PM
Thanks for this great solution to the ugly eye level smoke alarm. This is very much appreciated. Thanks YT!
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 4:48 PM
Great job, thank you. I hate the fire alarms always being on the walls where I might want to put something else. YAY!
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 4:49 PM
I've always liked the ceiling fire alarm for Sims 2 so I couldn't wait until someone would do this for Sims 3 too. lol. Well, I'm a complete noob when it comes to working on meshes so I started recolouring other things first.

I'm glad you like my work - thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 6:33 PM
Outstanding job! Very clever repositioning of the alarm!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 6:33 PM
I loved the ceiling ones in Sims 2 also, the only ones I ever used. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creativity and sharing with us. Getting a bit closer to my decor style in Sims 2.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 10:28 PM
I never knew about the ceiling alarms for Sims 2, but I'm absolutely thrilled to see these--awesome idea! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 12:06 AM
thank you for this! it wasn't that they were on the wall that bothered me (my house has them on the walls) but it was their position on the wall! they were so low in game. who would put a smoke detector at eye level? this is so much more realistic thank you!
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 1:45 AM
Thank you so much! I couldn't believe they didn't have those for ceilings.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 5:29 AM
Yay for ON THE CEILING ...

Kinda like ... Oh I know! In real life!!!

Hehe nice job, thank you much for the upload.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 8:54 AM
Cool, thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 12:15 PM
Brilliant idea - much more realistic. Just like the ones in my real house. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 11:13 PM
Mine's on the wall...but it's really HIGH UP on the wall. Not that tacky eye level thing TS3 has going on.

This is love, dear! <3 thanks muchly!

I actually never knew TS2 had ceiling ones...I mean, I always used the sprinkler system one from university. I hope we can get something like that soon. *hint hint to any creators that read this...* LOL
Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Atrinosia
I actually never knew TS2 had ceiling ones...I mean, I always used the sprinkler system one from university. I hope we can get something like that soon. *hint hint to any creators that read this...* LOL
Targa did the ceiling smoke alarms for sims2.

Oh I don't believe that anyone here could do a sprinkler system for sims3 - the mesh wouldn't be the problem but to get it working like a sprinkler system is just not possible, I think.

@all: thank you for the lovely comments.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 1:00 PM
Thanks, this added just that extra bit of realism to my game, but how are you supossed to grab it once placed? I don't seem to be able to do this.
Inventor
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 5:06 PM Last edited by Yogi-Tea : 22nd Oct 2009 at 5:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lukyzade
Thanks, this added just that extra bit of realism to my game, but how are you supossed to grab it once placed? I don't seem to be able to do this.
Strange, I don't have any problems at all to grab them. I just checked this in game and it is indeed not possible to grab it from the side or below.

Try it from above the ceiling fire alarm - from a bird's eye view - I've always done it that way so I didn't realize that it's not possible to grab it from the side.

Thank you for pointing this out - I'll add a note to the description of this download.

EDIT: Just added this information to to the description of this download.
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 1:27 PM
Such a simple, but effective idea. Thank you so much, now I can fit more pictures on my kitchen walls!
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 5:10 AM
Thanks so much for this, it relieves both the frustration of having to look at ugly fire-alarms, and having them take up kitchen wall space.

Actually, I love most of your build-mode uploads.
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 12:37 PM
Exactly where the smoke detector should be (sadly EA doesn't know that). Thanks for sharing.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 3:54 PM
There's only ceiling ones in the UK (where I live) so extra realism for me... Has anyone done one that can also cover the room next door. (fireplace setting off the kitchen alarm, or placing it in the hall for more central position so it don't go of everyime you burn the toast) or a House-wide burgular alarm. I'll enjoy this though. (realistic kitchen diners here I come!
Inventor
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by squaretable
There's only ceiling ones in the UK (where I live) so extra realism for me... Has anyone done one that can also cover the room next door. (fireplace setting off the kitchen alarm, or placing it in the hall for more central position so it don't go of everyime you burn the toast) or a House-wide burgular alarm. I'll enjoy this though. (realistic kitchen diners here I come!
I'm from Germany and we have ceiling fire alarms, too. Only the burglar alarmes are fixed at the wall.

Check out THIS download, made by CyberBob78. It's not a ceiling fire/burglar alarm, however, it is "shiftable" and covers a wider range than EAs original alarms.