Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simtopia: Community Set #3 - Simtopia Airport Set (No CC and CC Versions)

by StephSim Posted 13th Nov 2009 at 4:53 AM - Updated 16th Sep 2011 at 6:10 PM by StephSim : Updating In-line Images.

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 8:59 AM
WOW brilliant work ! I so love it ! Thanks a lot for sharing
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 9:10 AM
The lots I've seen from you are really awesome! What a clever idea to separate the airport into several lots. It looks really great and as always I'm impressed when that's achieved (nearly) without cc. Thank you :D

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Alchemist
#4 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 10:20 AM
Being someone that works for an airline at the airport and who loves aircraft I just adore this lot! what wonderful work you put into it thankyou for sharing!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 10:40 AM
wow, absolutely stunning! I don't have all the EPs but I always take a look at your lots because they're built so well!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 12:02 PM
Wow! I'm speechless! It's awesome! Thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 1:54 PM Last edited by StephSim : 13th Nov 2009 at 4:56 PM.
Guardigan
Thank you and you are most welcomed! Do enjoy the downloads and setting up your airport! :D

smmi73
Thanks for the compliment. I love the way the lots look in game mode with neighborhood view on. I recently (and FINALLY) got a widescreen monitor and since rebuilding my computer my graphics is wonderful. So looking at the lots all aligned is great fun! I believe the NO CC versions (in the "ALL" zip) are actually quite impressive as I only added Custom Content to compliment the lots (not so much to display the Custom Content). Adding the Custom Content to files 1-6 just makes it so users have minimal (if any) decorating to do to the lot and give the lots a bit more Simtopian realism. Enjoy!

ekrubynaffit
Ooo...an "airport enthusiast". I made a list of places I wanted in my airport and thought that I should try to make it a bit more authentic. I decided to do a bit of research on-line, but finding actual airport layouts was a bit difficult where they gave details. There was one International airport that had "Quiet/Prayer" Rooms, Showers and other luxuries. It was very interesting...but I decided to keep it "simple"! Well...my idea of simple anyway. Enjoy the downloads!

psychosim0
Thank you for the compliment psychosim0! I decided that I wanted to create this "ultimate" Sims 2 hood using everything Maxis has available. For years I simply bought the newer games but never installing them until now. When I'm finished with Simtopia, I'm planning to actually PLAY the game no holds bar! Once I am finished I will install Any Game Starter and design a smaller Base Game hood with only the "necessary" EPs and Stuff Packs. The downside to the Sims 2 for lot designers is that Maxis spread out the Build Mode items throughout the EPs and that even the Stuff Packs include items that make lot design and decoration much easier. C'est la vie! Thanks again for the compliment.

capricce
I appreciate your enthusiastic response. You are most welcomed and enjoy the lots!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#8 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 6:21 PM
More Simtopia, yay! I love, love, LOVE the airport! Brilliant job - as per usual.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 6:56 PM
Thanks nixnivis! Now get to constructing your Airport! I'm off to exercise and then work on the Gwrych stuff. I need a change of pace for a bit!

Enjoy the downloads!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Scholar
#10 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 9:12 PM
whoa! lots of work! Great job!

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
#11 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 9:21 PM
Once again, cudoes!!! Well done StephSim!!! Beautiful and superb eye to detail! Love it, love it, love it!!!!! ;D
Scholar
#12 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 1:43 PM
Wonderful job, as are all your lots. Such attention to detail...Thankies!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 2:49 PM
toyou1214
Thank you for the compliment!

As I work on this project I have discovered the design aspect is the "easy, fun" part. The real work comes in testing the lots, fine-tuning the flaws, preparing the lots for uploading and then uploading. I get tired thinking about it! But, in the end it's so worth it because I get to share my Sim visions with the masses (whether people download them or not)!

jbeach34
Thank you jbeach34!

I try to make things a bit more realistic in a Simmy sort of way. There is pure Sim design (which is often more cartoony fun and "SIM"plistic in nature). There are Sim Realistic designs (which has a somewhat boxy look with a "twist" and the details make it a bit more real world with the Sims in mind). And then there are Pure Realistic designs (which move from true to life to designs that often transcend reality).

I tend to design in a Sim Realistic way for the most part (at least for this project). On occasion I stray into the Pure Realistic design realm, but I guess Sim Realistic is my comfort zone as for me it's the best of both worlds - Sim friendly and Simmer appealing!

Not to put Sim Architects in a box...for no one type of design is better than the other because different people prefer different things...As they say in BattleStar Galactica "THANK THE GODS!" :cylon:

cameranutz2
Thank you.

FYI - your objects (especially pictures) greatly inspired several of my Harry Potter lots and will also be used in this project (for now I know I will be using your travel posters in my Sea Port) which is part of the next Simtopia release.

Sometimes the "details" are simply in adding a few pictures on the wall. I guess that is part of the art of the details...the designs are mainly
"imagination and Maxis" with a few User Creator objects to add that extra bit of realism.

Again thank you for the compliment.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#14 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 6:36 PM
wow, steph, this is sooooooo big! What a marvelous work! I'm happy to see that you're back on simming and creating! Go on, I want to see more
Hugs!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 12:48 AM
Hola Laura!

I'm just mucking around with a neighborhood for Gwrych. I'm trying to decide what I want to do with it exactly. I will simply recreate the entire set of lots in this neighborhood and "try" to package it as a complete hood. I'm not sure of the direction just yet, but it will take form now that I'm motivated again to take it on! Not to worry love! I will add the lot you created to the DDI stuff once I get the project ready to package. That way you can have credit from DDI as a contributor!

About Simtopia stuff...The entire project is massive, but I wanted to have a truly complete neighborhood to play. Thank you for your compliment. Yes. Back to Simming it is!

How's life and love and school and work and Sims 3? I hope all is well. Do take care.

XOX
~*~Stephanie~*~

~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#16 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 11:40 AM
I'm glad you're planning to upload Gwrych, because for me it is impossible to go on with the project. I barely have time to sleep thanks to college . So imagine how long it's been since I last played the sims... I just keep checking this site to know what's happening
Looking forward to seing your new creations!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 1:28 PM
*sigh*

It is the way. Just remember that all of life is not work. Do the best that you can with all that you are "supposed to" do, pursue your passions never giving an inch....but ALWAYS, ALWAYS nurture those things inside you that keep you alive. Life should not be a series of endless planning, but a plan to live. Take care of your body and spirit as well as your mind Laura. For you, finances and education are priorities....but love and life are MUSTS - although I don't worry about you and the love part! Always take time to smell the roses. So many of us forget to, but it's never too late or too early to start.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 7:38 PM
Amazing!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 12:07 AM
- Enjoy the downloads krehata.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 4:34 AM
Im having a love-hate relationship with this download. But dont worry,this story to tell is a good one
I decided "Hey,I like this download,so ill add it to my town!" Big Mistake. Turns out I had to move a ton of businesses just to fit them(My town is actually more of a city)...So after about 20 minutes of moving things to make room,I find that it turns out that 5 of the pieces fit perfectly. The first one,though,doesnt line up. Being stubborn as I am, I just said "fudge it". So,I made use of Bon Voyage to add it to a custom,empty vacation lot. Not only that,but it frees up space in my actual town/city/metropolis/etc! Ill think Ill find a second,smaller airport to fit in this town(you know,so it kinda makes SENSE when my sims go on vacation to arrive at the airport),I can still use the big one! Long story short,Thank you! :3
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 4:44 PM
At first I thought..."Oh boy! What do I need to fix?" Then I giggled at the very idea of visually imagining you rearranging your hoods to "make it fit".

A couple of things.
1st This airport was designed for my Simtopia "Municipal District" -- which I will state in the download now .

The Simtopia Municipal District can be found here (along with 4 other Simtopia Districts):
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=373905
It will definitely fit there. Build a separate Vacation Hood with it!

2nd You don't "have to" use all 6 lots in your smaller hoods. I played with a couple of combinations of setting them up and the layout works well if you use a variety of setups. Like using only 1 lot --either Lot 2 (the Departure Building) or 5 (the Arrival Department). Or combining 2 Lots -- ( 2 lots --Departure (2) and Control Tower (3) Lots -- Arrival (5) and Hangar (6)Lots -- Placing the Departure (2) and Arrival (5) Lots across the street from one another. Or using the central 4 lots Departure (2) and Control Tower (3) on one side of the street, and Arrival (5) and Hangar (6) Lots across the street. Most of my combinations don't include the Parking Lots, but they are not hard to make at all (although I will include a variety of premade Parking Lots in Simtopia Set #9). Mix and match to fit the hoods you have. (Must put that in the OverView as well!)

At any rate...sorry you had to do "Neighborhood Makeovers" before you found something that works for you.

P.S. - You are welcomed!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Wiki Wizard
#22 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 5:19 PM
Oh wow, when they all combine they look SO good, brilliant and well planned out work, thank you

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 5:36 AM
Thanks DD! I do like looking at the lots. Especially when you place them in the Simtopia Hoods Squares! Do enjoy!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#24 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 10:00 AM
How is this not featured? Its wicked!

Imagine The Sims and Grand Theft Auto merged together into one, unforgettable game...
Test Subject
#25 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 12:40 PM
This is brilliant! But the last zip file is damaged.... the bottom right file. Could you repost please?

"All of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." ~Albert Einstein
Page 1 of 2